-ten : family differences and cottoncandies

-ten:

____________________

"I'm very thankful to Ms. Lee because it seems like our Sunghoon has been improving with his classes now. You're really an angel in disguise, Ms. Lee."
Mrs. Park said, smiling at me. I awkwardly chuckled and shove the steak on my fork to my mouth.

"T-Thanks, Madam."
I stuttered, hiding my face.

We were almost caught earlier. Oh my freaking god... If only he didn't heard the Mrs. Park's steps then we might have been caught kissing on the Living room.

You are playing a dangerous game, Shiyeon. Good luck to you!!

We all suddenly turned towards where the door is, hearing it opening and the maids greeting the one who entered.

"Seems like Sunghoon can't really balance his hobbies and study. Like what I've been telling him all these years.."
It seems like he heard our conversation.

A fine old man on his mid 30s i guess... He look so proud and intimidating just by looking at how he walk, stand and look at us. His eyeglasses made him look even sharper and his face reminds me of someone.

Sunghoon.

"Dad..."
I heard Sunghoon whispered with a sigh, the three of us stood up from our seats but he immediately signed us to sit down by raising his hand for a bit and gesturing us to take our seat again.

It is Sunghoon's father... He look so intimidating in person!!

He's the owner of the Skypark Conglomerate. A very big chaebol. Just by looking at him you can already see that he is big time. Wow.

"You are Shiyeon Lee, if I am not mistaken.. Right?"
He turned towards me, looking at my direction with no expression at all.

I gulped my saliva.

"Y-Yes sir."
I nodded my head, bowing politely. He nodded as well as the maids prepared his food.

"Is Sunghoon troubling you with his stupidity?"
I immediately stopped my hands from slicing the steak on my plate the moment i heard him said that. I immediately turned towards sunghoon who is on my side, he is silent, a cold expression painting his face.

" No sir.. Not at all... I-In fact Sunghoon is actually very bright and he is a fast learner! You can see-"

"You do not need to flatter that child Ms. Lee. You'll still get paid even with your honesty."
He let out a ridiculed chuckle, shaking his head. I was estranged by how he's acting.

Is he talking about his son or not?

"No sir what i am saying is not flattery but-"

"You're utterly modest, Ms. Lee... How much did that kid paid you to spew out lies like that?"

What?

"Dad."
Sunghoon whispered on a warning tone, he was gripping on his table utensils as hard as he can. He's trying to hold back.

"What? Am i wrong? If only you did not focused more on that so called career of yours as a figure skater then you'd be one of the achievers on your class already. Look at Hyeji. Your little sister. Where is she now? She's in States, Studying. Now look at yourself. You pathetic brat... You must have gave Ms. Lee a huge amount for her to support you with her lies- "