fiftytwo : moth and butterfly

fiftytwo :

_______

The sound of the harsh wind after a swing of the golf club actively cut the silence surrounding the bermuda grass-coated land. Sunghoon, who hit the golf ball hard enough to sent it flying near to its post looked at the empty space before nodding his head. His golf hat made it possible for him to look up amidst the broad daylight, giving shade to his face and giving away all of the emotions painted in it too.

"What are you planning?"
His old man, who was silently staring at him while leaning at his own club spoke, a tone indicating the curiosity and lingering suspicion going on in his head.

"I don't know what you are saying."
Sunghoon feigned ignorance and dodged the question. He looked at his watch, seeing its half past 10 in the morning already.

"Stop talking nonsense, child. I know you better than your own self."
The man snickered, making the other shareholders hearing their conversations let out a fatherly laugh. A chuckle telling him that they have their fair share of experiences.

Sunghoon clicked his tongue, not wanting to give in to his father's provocations. Yesterday was well spent with Shiyeon, core memories imprinting a good mood on his mind.

He let out a smug chuckle, thinking of entertaining the damned old man a little.

"It must be nice having a young version of you... Smug, arrogant, and cunning." Sunghoon looked over his shoulders seeing the other shareholders loving the family drama, "You know me better, Chairman. If I am planning something you're already planning to stop it at once."

Sunghoon gazed at his father who is still grinning at him. He shrugged his shoulder, eyebrows raising as he deadpan, "I highly doubt you still don't know what I'm planning, so who's talking nonsense now?"

His father nodded his head, the grin on his face turning into a smile.

An enigmatic smile, meaningful, mysterious.

"how cute, I thought you won't forget the things she did to you."
His father spoke, looking at his friends with a smirk on his face as he was nudged by one of them.

"I won't. You taught me how to keep grudge."
Sunghoon halted in his tracks, "But unlike you, I atleast know how to forgive."

"So you're in love to her again? Why? After all the things that happened. Do you really want to sit on the waiting shade alongside the person that would throw you under the bus without thinking twice?"
The old man asked, accompanied by a sly smile and a low and degrading chuckle. his tone tells him that he should've known better. that he should not fall for her schemes and antics once more, only to tell him so much more to believe in her.

One thing about his father, if his father is against it, then that means he's on the right path.

"Can we not... talk about my personal life in front of other people, Chairman? I do not fancy me being the book opened at the table."
Sunghoon looked around, seeing the shareholders mindlessly listening to their banters. They did not even tried to hide it, the looks on their faces wanted more of the gossip, especially now that the marriage between the two major partners of the corporation is crumbling into pieces.

They all want to know what is up, what's the juice and where to side. Obviously, they do not have the choice now as sunghoon already restrained them in his palms with numerous legal ties, but for the sake of their own feeble curiosity, they still want to know what's up.

"They have the right to know about it, child. considering that the shareholders was kept because of the joint venture tied with the marriage between Hera's family and ours, they have every right to know why the same marriage is now dissipating into thin air."
The shareholders who participated in the golf game all agreed and now more curious than ever. Sunghoon stood proud and unbothered.