twenty seven : bad reputation

twenty seven : 

CW: bullying. school violence.

_______________________

Shiyeon's

I never thought that would happen...

I did nothing.

I should've listened to Minji when she told me to not come to school for now.

"Ahh fvck it stinks here! It smells like a whore to me!!"

"Yeah~ smells like someone just finished having sex with the professor for some grades! Hahahahaha!"

"Oh my god what if she really did that? I mean- she slept with a director for her role anyways.. what more she can't do?"

They must have heard that I was inside the comfort room's cubicle. Why was I cowering? I did not do anything. All these allegations are false.

____

(Italic columns are flashbacks!)

I slowly opened my eyes, hearing my phone's ringtone, telling me someone is calling me. I took my phone on the bedside table, checking the screen to see who it is.

"Hello? Minjee?"
It was her.

"Thank god you answered the phone! Finally! Are you okay?!?!"
I noticed her voice was agitated, as if she was getting chased by someone.

"What's wrong?"
I asked her, sitting up on my bed. I looked at my clock. It was almost time to do my morning rituals and go to school. I have a test today.

"Have you checked your social media yet?"
She asked which made my eyebrow raised.

"What? Why?"
I'm not typically the type of person that checks my phone right when i woke up like the others.

"Nothing... Please don't open up the articles. I'm begging you, Shiyeon."

"What articles? You're making me worried."
I stood up from my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I heard silence and several sighing from the other side of the phone before she answered.

"Nothing... Don't think about it. We're doing our best to take down the articles. Just.. don't get out of your house right now."
She commanded.

I am already growing curious about what even is she talking about. Why would I nit leave the house? I have class...

"You're weirding me out, Minjee. I don't know what are you talking ab-"

"A SMEAR CAMPAIGN ON YOUR NAME!! SOMEONE IS SPREADING VILE RUMORS ABOUT YOU!"

What...?

"What?"

"I don't believe them, Shiyeon. Don't worry. I know it's just edited.  I'm talking with my parents right now on how we can track down the one who published the articles and charge them with libel."

"No.. what-what do you mean by a smear campaign? What does it says?"
I asked her. I opened my laptop and looked up at Naver. You can see the trend list and i was flabbergasted at what I've seen.

Me? Sleeping with Director Lee?

What the fuck?

"What the hell? When did I joined him on a motel? That never happened?!?!"
I exclaimed upon seeing the article. it was utterly ridiculous!