twentythree: shameless and brazen

twentythree:

______

"Ms. Lee..."
Jake opened the door of the hospital room, seeing Shiyeon sitting on the stol next to Sunghoon's hospital bed. Shiyeon quickly stood up and walked towards hm, bowing her head.

"i-I'm sorry for calling you this late at night.. I tried contacting Mrs. Lee but she's still in the States right now with Hyeji and.. I do not have any other contacts that can take care of Sunghoon other than you... I'm sorry..."
Her voice broke down as she apologizes, keeping her head down low. jake gave her a small smile and gave her a pat on the shoulder, telling her it was okay and it was the right decision for her to make. 

"it's not a problem, Ms. lee. Moreover, are you okay? are you hurt somewhere?"
Jake tried checking up on herr but she just quickly shook her head, looking at her.

"I am fine. But Sunghoon..."
Shiyeon and Jake gazed at Sunghoon who is silently resting on his bed, still unconscious. there are patches on his shoulder and arms, also a bandage round his forehead. an oxygen tank is on his side to supply him enough air while he's unconscious.

'What happened earlier....'
Shiyeon bit her lower lip hard, remembering what happened when Sunghoon and Mrs. Lee was rescued...

*flashback______

"Eomeo-nim??!!"
After rushing inside the raging fire, Sunghoon quickly ran upstairs where Mrs. Lee is located. Unbothered by the debris and flames grazing on his skin, he started searching for her whereabouts.

"Eomeo-nim??!! *cough cough!*"
It was harder to breath on the 2nd floor than downstairs. The second floor is even more engulfed in Fire because most of the house's compotents are wood.  Sunghoon run towards the rooms, unlocking each pne until she found Mrs. lee lying on the floor next to the master bedroom's door, buried under the wooden shelf.

"Eomeo-nim!!!"
He rushed towards her, lifting the heavy wooden shelf and throwing it away from her. he knelt down, panting for air but is already chasing one. there was little to no air to breath inside. his head is already dizzy but he never cared about it and instead, he checked for Mrs. Lee's pulses. when he found out she's still breathing, he quickly held her arm and rested it on his shoulder, carryng her downstairs.

he struggled even more when the foundation towards the stairs suddenly collapsed, blocking their way. His head is starting to ache and he is running out of breath already, coughing every minute. he tried finding something to destroy the debri blocking their path, finding a steel rod next to the blazing debris and slamming it to the wooden foundation blocking the stairs. 

he thought they were near outside already when they successfully walked down the stairs but it was unfortunate. The first floor, The restaurant has too much flames you can't even see where to go anymore. And as soon as they reached the first floor...

Another explosion came out from the kitchen hall where the reserved tanks are stored.

"E-eomeo-nim!!"
Sunghoon embraced Mrs. Lee and protected her from the falling debris from the 2nd floor by usng himself as her shield. The second explosion was enough to make the ceiling finally crumble and the two started to get buried by the falling remains of the 2nd floor. Sunghoon was hit but a huge wooden shaft from the 2nd floor that was falling towards Mrs. Lee, knocking him unconscious on the raging fire of the house. 

"The survivors are here!! Rescue team!!"

_________________end of flashback