four

"Thanks for coming today, it helps me a lot." Colby smiled. I was currently with Colby, helping him get Halloween decorations.

I just smiled while we walked around spirit halloween. I wasn't dancing today and everyone I know is busy.

So I figured why not. Ethan left last night for a last minute guys trip to Big Bear to go snowboarding for the weekend.

He asked if I wanted to come but I was too busy with dance so I knew I couldn't.

"Of course, I wanted to get out of the apartment." I tell Colby while looking around.

Avery was working and Tyler was working out. I think Kat was having a date day with Sam.

I could tell Colby was thinking of something. "I'm surprised you're not with Ethan." He tells me.

I sigh while sticking my hand in my pockets. "He's snowboarding at Big Bear." I inform him.

He looked over towards me, like he was reading me. It made me a little self conscious.

"He doesn't like me, does he?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

I inhale a deep breath. "He's just protective I guess." He's been like that since we started dating.

He thinks while grabbing something off the wall. "How long have you guys been dating?" He asked curiously.

"Six months. We met back in March." I explained to him. He nodded his head once.

I could see him swallow deeply. "Don't take this the wrong way but he seems like a douche." I laugh a little bit.

"Tyler and Avery think so too so you're not alone." I tell him while laughing. I could see him smile a little bit.

"Well, hopefully he doesn't get too pissed we're together." He smiled at me cheekily.

We didn't talk anymore about it. We get everything we need for it and head out of Spirit Halloween.

"So, how many people usually come to your parties?" I ask curious. We threw everything in the back of his car and got in.

He thought about it for a second. "A couple hundred." I almost choked on my own spit.

A couple hundred? I mean I guess, that's right. They're pretty popular on youtube.

"I don't know why I wasn't expecting that number." I tell him honestly. He laughs a little while he starts driving.

"You don't like big crowds do you?" He questions while focusing on the road. I nod my head while pursing my lips.

"I think I just get self conscious." I admit to him. He glances at me with a surprise look on his face.

I get that look a lot when I tell people about that. "Don't you dance?" He asked with a hint of laughter.

I knew I had to explain myself. But it felt so easy to explain it with him. I told him how dance was different than a party.

Even though everyone looks at me for dance, there's not a lot of people surrounding me.

And maybe this party will help me get out of that. He looks at me softly as he speaks.

"Well, if you get feeling nervous, you can hang around me." He flashes me a cheeky smile again.

When we pull into his house, we bring everything inside. It was quiet in here, which was rare from the last time I was here.

As we put the stuff away, there was a comfortable silence between us.

"Does Ethan do this a lot? Leave you here while he goes on trips with his friends." He asked questionably.

"About once a month he takes a trip with his friends. I want him to have his guy time." I don't want to be his controlling girlfriend.

He gave me a look causing me to look at him. "Whatever thought you're having in your head, I've already heard it."

He rose his hands up in defense. "It's just a thought, Cassie." He teased. I hung out with him for a couple hours.

But I went back to the apartment to hear the two talking in the kitchen. "Whatcha cooking good looking?" I ask.

Tyler gives me a weird look when I walk in. "Did you hear what she just called me?" Tyler asked Avery.

"I wasn't talking about you." I smile towards him. Avery blew me a kiss while I caught it.

"We're making homemade pizza." Avery told me cheerfully. She said I could join them so that's what I did.

I cut my own dough and started stretching it out. "So, where were you at all day?" Avery asked smirking towards me.

"Out with Colby. He asked to help him with getting decorations." I inform him.

Tyler gave me the side eye. "Does Ethan know?" He asked trying to pry.

I understand where he's coming from though, he would want to know if Avery was hanging out with a dude.

"I texted him, but I haven't heard anything." I shrug. They give each other a knowing glance.

"Maybe he was busy." Avery shrugged. I thought the same thing. The rest of the night, I spent it with my best friends.

The next day, I started getting ready for dance when my door swung open.

I look over to see it was Ethan. And he didn't look too happy. "You were fucking with Colby yesterday?" He basically yelled in my face.

I took a step back and looked at him. "You were at Big Bear, what did you expect me to do?" I ask defending myself.

I hate it when he acts like this. "I don't like him and you know that." I just shake my head while grabbing my phone.

"Ethan, I love you, but you can't tell me who to be friends with." Colby hasn't done anything to him.

"Why are you defending this fucker?" I turned around to look at him like he was crazy.

I don't know what he was thinking. "Don't call him anything." It's weird I'm defending him when I barely know him.

But Ethan was acting like an asshole. "We can talk about everything later, I need to go." I remind him that I have dance.

As I try to walk away, he grabbed onto my arm. I look into his dark eyes.

"Let go of me." I tell him in a serious voice. He thinks about it for a second, and drops my arm.

"We're not done with this, Cassie." I just roll my eyes while walking away. I walk to my car, a little nervous.

Nervous he would try something. Whenever Ethan gets angry, he just sees red. I went to dance and it went perfect.

As I got into my car, I got a call from Kat. "Hi girly." I smile when I answer it. I had it connected to my airpods.

"Stas and I were planning on having a girls night tonight if you and Avery wanna come." She invited us.

I think it'll be fun. I just need to tell Ethan about it. "Yeah, I just got done with dance so give me about an hour." I tell her.

It'll give me time to drive home, shower, and get clothes. She squealed and told me to meet her at Stas's apartment.

When I get to my apartment, I see Ethan is no where to be found. I texted him and asked if we were talking about it.

I never got a text back so I was going to go anyway. If he was going to act like a baby, then I wasn't going to give him the light of day.

I take a shower and make sure I have everything. As I was gathering everything, Avery asked if I wanted to ride with her.

I'm sore from dance so naturally I said yes. I didn't feel like driving. I grabbed and walked with her to the car.

I was excited for this girls night. I can see myself getting close to the girls, and hopefully I can get close to Stas.

But maybe I can get closer to Colby too.