thirteen

I could feel myself start to wake up a little. Only because my head was pounding.

I didn't want to wake up though. But my head was in so much pain, I couldn't bare it.

It took me a minute but I eventually opened my eyes. When I did, I see that I was in a familiar room.

I look around to see I was in Colby's room. I look down to see Colby's arm draped around me.

How did I get here? I'm ninety nine percent sure I blacked out. The last thing I remember is downing a shot with Colby.

I think that was around eleven thirty, but I can't be sure. I look over at Colby to see him sleeping peacefully.

I was laying on my back while he had his arm wrapped around me securely. He had his head resting on my shoulder as he lightly snored.

Would it be wrong to say I enjoyed this? It was nice to have this comfort.

Plus, he did look super cute and peaceful when he slept. I must still be drunk if I said Colby looked cute while sleeping.

I could hear muffled talking from down in the living room. I wanted to get up and see who's awake, but I didn't want to wake up Colby.

It's like my head pounded with every thought I had. I needed to eat and take something for this hangover.

I don't know how, but I slowly and surely squirm out of bed. Once I'm out of his arms, I see that I have on different clothes.

They were a lot bigger on me so I'm assuming they're Colby's. I could see him stir a little bit but he never woke up.

I sneak out of his room and head towards the talking. Sam, Kat, and Stas were sitting on the couch.

They all heard me come in and turned over. Sam looked at me with wide eyes.

"You look like shit, Cassie." He grimaced towards me while I sat on the couch.

I just nodded my head while I look at him. "I think I blacked out last night." I tell them honestly.

Stas looked at me with wide eyes. "Wait, seriously?" She asked as I nodded.

"I don't remember getting here last night." I admit to them. Sam started smiling to himself while Kat started giggling.

I have no idea what they're thinking of. It kinda made me nervous of what happened.

"What happened?" I ask nervously. Kat had her head against Sam's chest while his arm was on her back.

"Nothing bad happened. You and Colby just hung around each other." Sam spoke.

That doesn't sound too bad. I know whenever I get too drunk, I choose a person and cling onto them.

And I must've chosen Colby. I just groan and put my head on my pillow.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Cassie." Kat reassured me. I wasn't embarrassed.

I just wish I remember everything that happened. Blacking out is the worst.

We hang out on the couch for a little bit, and about an hour later, I heard footsteps come in.

I look over to see a very hungover and tired Colby Brock. I mindlessly smile towards him.

"Hey, buddy. How was your birthday?" Sam asked as Colby came over towards me.

He sat down, groaning in the process. He was shirtless and he had on cotton shorts.

He looked very hungover. We went pretty hard last night. "I'm never drinking again." He rasped out loud.

I pointed to him like I was agreeing. "If you see a drink in my hand, hit me." I say, agreeing with him.