twenty-seven

Dance is kicking my ass these past couple of weeks. We've been practicing for regionals and Alex wants us to practice everyday.

I can tell he's stressed, he wants it to be perfect. He puts a lot pf pressure on himself but I know he'll do great.

It's currently eight pm and I've been here since eleven this morning. I was exhausted, sore, and wore out.

But that's what comes with dance. We've been working on our group dance for a good couple of hours.

Right as we get done practicing it, I look over at the door to see Colby. I caught my breath while Alex noticing him standing there too.

He walked out there to the hallway so he could talk to him. Colby and Alex seemed to be getting along.

Wyatt walked over to me with his hands on his hips, trying to catch his breath.

"Why is your homeboy talking to Alex?" He asked as I kept my eyes on the two.

"I have no idea." I shook my head. A minute later, Alex came back in while Colby waited behind.

I can't read his face as he walked over towards me.

"Colby brought you dinner so if you wanna eat with him, you can." He spoke. Colby is a fucking g.

I couldn't be more thankful for Colby in this moment, I was starving. Alex told me he was gonna give everyone a thirty minute break.

I made sure to thank him as I walked out. I closed the door and looked over at the brunette.

"Things seemed pretty intense in there." He noticed as we walked out to where the food was.

"Yeah, Alex can get pretty stressed during this time of the year." I answer. I follow him out to the car to see he got us Raising Canes.

It smelt so good whenever I got in. "You fucking saved me, thank you so much." He knows how hard we're working for this.

So it makes me feel better knowing he did this for me. "I figured you haven't had dinner yet." He frowned.

We make small talk while we eat. I didn't think we would be able to see each other today, so it was nice to see him.

"You wanna come over when you're done?" He asked when we got done eating. "I have to shower." I frown.

I've been dancing all day so I know I smell like shit. "You can get clothes and shower at my place if you want." He suggested.

I might as well, and maybe I can spend the night. Hell I know I'm gonna pass out.

"Is it bad I don't want to go back to dance?" I ask towards him. It's true though.

I don't want to go back. Not cause I'm mad at anyone. But because I'm exhausted and I wanna stay here with Colby.

"I don't want you to go either." He pouted. I knew what he was going to say next and I didn't want him to.

"Colby, do not say I need to go back." I complain. He went quiet so I guess that's what he was going to say.

I just sigh and start to get my things together. "I'll see you later." I bent over and gave him a kiss goodbye.

I get out of the car and head back to the studio. When I walk inside, everyone was finishing their food.

We stayed here for another hour, but we were all exhausted. I told everyone bye as I head to my car.

I drive to my house, pack extra clothes, and head to Colby's. I'm surprised I made it there without wrecking.

When I get there, I go straight up to his room. I made sure to tell him hi before getting into his shower.

The hotness of the water seemed to help relax my muscles a little bit.

When I get out, I put on one of his shirts I stole and some shorts. I go back into his room to see he's laying in the same spot.

I go over to him and flop down next to him. "You okay, Cassie?" He asked with laughter in his voice.

"I'm so fucking exhausted." I speak into the bed. I never realized how comfy his bed is until now.

He started rubbing my back, making me feel calmer. I move my head over to look at him.

"Will you brush my hair?" I ask softly. He nods as I slowly sit up. I give him my hair brush while I sit in front of him.

He starts brushing through my hair, going as softly as he can. I think it's cute how he thought I was tender headed when he brushed.

I tried to stay awake as long as I could, but shortly after brushing my hair, I laid my ass down and knocked the fuck out.

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of food. I open my eyes to see Colby was gone.

I look around to see I was completely alone. I check the time to see it was almost eleven.

I don't even remember the last time I slept in this late. I stretch while sitting up.

I might as well get up and try to find Colby. I get out of his bed, my muscles aching with every move.

Thank god I don't have dance today. I instantly go downstairs and to the kitchen.

When I walk in there, I see Colby standing in there, cooking. He was shirtless and wearing gray sweats.

It was a sight to see honestly, I could get used to it. Every time he moved, I could see his back muscles move.

I went over to him and wrapped his arms around him. For a split second, I could picture a future with Colby.

I can picture the same exact situation. But instead, we have little kids running around.

I don't want it to happen anytime soon. But hopefully it'll happen.

"I really hope this is Cassie, and it's not Sam." He joked making me laugh a little bit.

"No, it's Sallie." I joke with him. He flinches causing me to let go.

He looks at me and shakes his head. "You should know she's up Sam's ass." He joked towards me.

"Do you want help?" I ask changing the subject. I look around to see he what he was making.

"I would say yes, but I want to treat you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I lean against the counter.

"You wanna treat me?" I ask, confusion laced on my voice.

He looked over towards me, a small smile on his lips. "I know how hard you've been working for dance."

It was honestly super sweet. I've never been treated like this, and I honestly love it.

He never fails to make my heart flutter. I've never felt like this about some before.

I think I really am falling for Colby. It's getting stronger with every conversation and every time I've seen him.

I think I'm falling in love with him. And I don't want it to change or go away.

I see a future with him, and I want us to last. It's probably early to say it, but I don't care.

We spend the whole day together. It was honestly perfect.

We hung out at his house and just binge watched the Twilight movies. He hadn't seen them before so I forced him to watch.

His commentary was cracking me up throughout it. Even though he won't admit it anyone, I know he enjoyed the movies.

There's one thing I learned after today. I'm in love with Colby.

And I'm not letting him go.