twenty-three

"I think I'm gonna head off to bed." I tell them. It's been a few hours and it was starting to get late.

Sitting by the fire was calming me down so much, I was starting to get tired. I look over to Colby to see he was pouting.

"I'll be in there soon." He assured me. I nodded my head and leaned over to him.I pecked his lips and got up.

There were only a couple people still around the fire. Addison, Stas, Sam, Kat, and Avery went to their tents a while ago.

As I walked to the tent, there was noise from the distance. I look to see the boys must've heard it too.

Both of their eyebrows were furrowed. From what I remember there was no one else around us.

And that was noise was super close. "What the fuck was that?" I whisper ask the two boys.

Tyler was chewing on his bottom lip, clearly thinking. "Wanna go check it out?" He asked speaking it up.

I glare over towards him. "That was the whitest fucking shit you've ever said." I joke with him causing Colby to snort with laughter.

"You're not serious are you?" I ask as he just looks at me. Colby was just looking between us.

"Oh come on, Cassie. It's probably nothing." I think about it for a second, and exhale a deep breath.

"If we die, I'm fucking killing you." I go along with it. They both stood up so we can see whatever is in the woods.

As we get closer to the darkness, I grab onto Colby's hand. He interlaced our fingers together as Tyler leads.

"Did you guys bring a flashlight?" I ask curiously. They both shook their heads while I sigh deeply.

Great. The longer we walked into the wildnerness, the scarier it got.

To the left, we heard a twig snap causing us to jump. "I think we should go back." I tell them.

Tyler gives me a look while he was leading. "You aren't getting scared now, are you?" He asked laughing a little bit.

"No, I just enjoy life right now." I tell him, Colby snickering behind me.

Tyler shook his head while we continue walking. I don't know how they're not scared. I'm not admitting that I am.

I swear, I could've seen Tyler pull out his phone and step away from me. I couldn't even process anything.

Next thing I knew, someone in a scary mask jumped in my face and screamed. I screamed loudly and jumped into Colby's arms.

I could feel his arms wrap around me and pull me closer to him. I look at the clothes and realize it's Sam.

"What the fuck?" I ask smiling a little bit. Both Tyler and Colby started laughing while Sam took his mask off.

He had a big ass grin on his face. I pull away from Colby so I could look at the three boys.

"You guys are assholes." I laugh along with them. Tyler was bent over, hand over his stomach laughing.

I just shake my head while I try to hide my smile. "Oh come on, Cassie. You thought it was a little funny." Sam tried to reason with me.

"What made you guys even think of that?" I ask with a little laughter in my voice.

"Oh, let's take Cassie in the woods and make her shit herself." I tease making everyone laugh.

Colby came over towards me and wrapped his arms around me from the back.

He rested his chin on my shoulder while I look at everyone.