thirty-two

Nationals is in a week and I'm a nervous wreck. But today, we're having a cookout over at Sam and Colby's.

Everyone should be there. "Cassie! Hurry up and get dressed!" Tyler yelled from the living room.

I was trying to find an outfit, well more like struggling. "Fuck off, five more minutes!" I yell back.

I ended up finding a black thrasher shirt and black skinny jeans. I go into the living room to see he was waiting for me.

"Took you twenty minutes to find that?" Tyler asked eyeing me down. I know he wasn't actually pissed at me.

Maybe a little aggravated but not actually pissed. "It takes awhile to look this good." I joke with him.

He just rolls his eyes while we go down to his car. Avery was meeting us there so it was just going to be us two.

I get into the passengers seat while he got in drivers. We drive in silence for a few minutes.

But I could tell he was glancing over at me. "What, Tyler?" I question. I lock my phone so I can look at him.

"I'm just really happy that you found Colby." He admitted to me. I could feel a deep conversation start.

"Don't get all soft on me now." I lightly tease with him. I could see him roll his eyes while he drove.

"I'm serious, Cassie." I look over towards him. I could tell he was serious.

I could barely read his facial expression. "I can tell how happy you are with him." He spoke truthfully.

He was right though. I've never been happier with a guy. I've also never clicked with someone faster.

"He's a great guy." I simply tell him. I could see him smile a little.

He honestly deserves the world. "I don't think he would hurt you like Ethan." He started out.

"But if he does, I'll kick his ass." He lightly joked. We didn't talk about it anymore.

I was just happy they like each other. When we get to the boys, we get out of the car and head to the backyard.

Colby was starting the grill up while Stas, Addison, and Kat were laying out. I don't see Avery so she must be on the way still.

Colby looked over at us two and smiled widely. "You guys made it!" He cheerfully yelled.

We went over to him and I made sure to give him a big ass hug.

"You need help grilling?" Tyler asked once I was pulled away from the brunette.

He nodded his head so they started grilling together. I went over to the girls.

"My favorite people." I smile to them. They all turn their head to me as I sit on one of the lawn chairs.

"Have you three heard from Avery?" I question. They told me how she was on the way.

I just nod while looking around. I haven't been in their backyard much.

I think it's because it's been so chilly out, we haven't really been outside.

But it's warming up and it feels super good. Around ten minutes later, Avery walked back to us.

Sam was doing all the inside cooking so I was happy we're all here.

I think one of the last times we hung out like this was when we went camping.

It was nice being with everyone. "Food's ready!" Sam and Colby yelled in unison.

We all got out of the lawn chairs so we could eat. We all made our plates and sit down at their dinning room table.

We all make sure to thank the duo for the food and idea. "I bet us five girls can beat you three boys in basketball." I bet.

I think it'll be fun to do a little competition. I could see Kat and Stas's eyes light up.

"I think we can too. I heard Sam couldn't ball." Stas shit talked him. He dropped his jaw towards her.

"You haven't seen me ball." Sam defended himself. We shit talked each other and made the bet.

Whenever we were going to get done eating, we were going to play a basketball game.

Whoever got to twenty first, wins. The points were going to stay the same as a usual game.

I have a bad feeling we're going to lose. Avery isn't the most athletic person I know.

But we still have the better advantage. Whatever happens, I think we'll have fun either way.

Once we get done eating we all head to their basketball court. "Can we be skins?" Colby smirked towards us.

I just shake my head, hating that I understood his reference. "I wouldn't mind that." Kat smiled while looking over at Sam.

The three boys take their shirts off, me staring at Colby. Damn does he look good.

Sam started dribbling the ball, signaling that we were playing.

I can tell we weren't going to take this too seriously. "Oh it's on now!" Kat clapped her hands together.

Sam tried to do a fake move on Kat but Addison ended up stealing it. We all watched her in awe as she dribbled down the court.

She dunked it in making us drop our jaw. She looked at us and shrugged.

"What? I played basketball in middle and high school." She told us nonchalantly. I instantly smiled to myself.

We have the upper hand now. "Ayo, can we get a team member?" Tyler asked making us laugh.

"I'm with Tyler. I didn't know you had Michael Jordan on your team." Colby joked.

I shook my head towards them. "Nope, too late." I smile widely. The whole thing ended up pretty fun.

We weren't taking it too serious, which I loved. We were winning for most of the game, but we ended up losing somehow.

"I think you guys cheated." I tell the three boys. Most of everyone was out of breath from all the running.

I was honestly used to it because of dance. I honestly had a lot of fun playing with everyone.

"I'm so down to have a rematch." I shrug to them. Kat, Stas, and Avery shook their heads.

"I'll throw up if I play again." Kat shook her head. The three walked away as the five of us looked at each other.

We decided to play a small game of horse knowing we didn't want to play a long game again.

It was honestly a beautiful night. The sun was starting to set and the clouds looked really pretty.

I love living in California. The traffic may suck and the people may be annoying, but I love it.

I do wish I got to see all the seasons. I wanna see the leaves change into a pretty brown and watch them fall.

I wanna wake up to the ground covered in snow. I wanna see the leaves and flowers blossom.

It's kinda sad we don't get to see that stuff. But it's my home.

We ended up playing horse for a few hours. It was honestly super nice to not have to worry about dance or Nationals.

While we played horse, the three girls sat in the hot tub. They would occasionally laugh very loud which I loved.

Even though our group isn't the biggest, I'm happy that we all like each other and get along.

You can tell we all care for each other. Especially after the bar fight. I wish Addison, Tyler, and Avery were there to witness it.

When we got bored of horse, we went to check on the girls. Colby and I stalked behind, his hand in mine.

"This night has been wonderful, baby." I tell him sweetly. He just brings me closer and kisses my head.

No matter how long we've been together, he never fails to give me butterflies.

He's the one for me.