fifteen

"Colby! Stop!" I yell throughout the apartment. Tyler and Avery were having a date night so I invited Colby so I wouldn't be alone.

Plus I wanted his company. We were sitting on my couch, playing Mario Kart to keep us entertained.

We put a little twist on it though. Whoever loses out of us, has to take a shot. So far, I've taken three, and he's taken two.

"I'm literally in the middle of everyone." I complain to him. I get very competitive whenever I play video games like this.

"That sucks." He teases me a little bit. I just roll my eyes while we play. I ended up getting fourth place while he gets second.

He leans back on the couch to look at me. "Take a shot." He smirked towards me.

"I'm just happy I beat your ass in every game." I flip him off as I get comfortable.

I just shake my head while I look at him. I'm honestly happy he could make it. I know he's been editing like crazy for their upcoming season.

I honestly couldn't wait to see it. We've been talking about it and he's been hyping it up a lot.

It should be coming out in a little over a month. I knew he needed this break from the editing.

As we sit there and think of everything, I could feel myself start to get hungry.

I look over at him to see he was already looking at me. I could see him swallow deeply.

"You wanna go get food?" I question, hoping he would say yes. He nodded so we both stood up from the couch.

I grabbed my keys since I offered to drive. "Where did you want to eat?" I ask Colby as we get to my car.

I unlock it so we could get inside. "Chipotle sounds pretty good." I'd have to agree with him.

I put the closest Chipotle on my gps and head towards it. I let Colby play whatever he wanted to listen to.

He said he had a couple songs he wanted me to hear so I was glad to listen.

I've been wanting new songs to listen to anyway. There was one song he played that was really good.

It was the night I drove alone and it was really good. There was a heavy metal band he got me hooked on, Asking Alexandria.

He played a song song A Prophecy that I was going to download on my phone. I'll be honest, he had a good sense of music.

When we get to Chipotle, we go inside so we could order our food and sit down to eat.

We paid for our food separately and went to sit down at a booth. We made small talk while we ate.

I feel like ever since he punched Ethan to protect and defend me, our bond has gotten stronger.

We text and call each other every day, and we also try to hang out as much as we can.

Even if it's just to get lunch, it's nice to be able to see Colby whenever I can.

Out of all the friends I made recently, he's the one I'm closest to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm close to Sam, Kat, and Stas but Colby and I have a little bit of a stronger bond.

I find myself looking for him at parties or waiting for a message from him.

There's just something about him that pulls me closer to him. He's just a great guy.

We eat together and go back to the apartment. Tyler and Avery were still gone whenever we get back.

I look at Colby as I sit my keys down. "We can watch a movie if you want, that is if you want to stay." I start to overthink it.

I didn't want him to think he had to stay here if he didn't want to. He gave me a weird look while making a sound.

"Of course I wanna stay here and watch a movie with you." Before I could say anything, he took my hand and brought me to the couch.

We scrolled through Netflix so we could find a movie to watch. We turned on the Ariana Grande movie since we both haven't seen it.

I love Ariana, you can tell she loves performing. I was watching it in awe, my feet resting on Colby's lap.

"That would be super dope honestly." I think out loud. He turned over to me with a confused look.

"What?" He asked with confusion on his voice. "Going on a tour and seeing the world." I could feel a deep conversation coming.

He lowered the volume to look at me. "Is that what you want to do with dance? Going on a tour?" He asked.

I liked how he asked these type of questions. Ethan never seemed to care about my goals in dance.

He came to my competition, but he never really seemed to care.

I think about his question for a minute before answering.

"I think either going on a tour, or filming for a show where I get to choreograph." I explain to him.

I know they're big dreams but I've dreamed about it since I was a kid.

My mom used to say how she could picture me going big with my dancing.

So I wanna do it for her. I could tell he was thinking about what to say.

"Who would you want to perform for?" He asked while think about it.

There's not many people that have dancers for their tours.

"Justin Bieber would be dope." I smile a little bit. I enjoy his music a lot.

I could see him soften up a little bit, like he's thinking of something.

"If that happens, you're not going to forget about me, right?" I started laughing a little bit.

I scoot closer him so I can see his eyes better.

"How could I ever forget you, Colby." I tell him sincerely. He looks at me with soft eyes.

He slings his arm around me and pulls me into his chest. I mindless lay my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat rise.

I could feel his body heat radiating off of him. It felt good being here with him.

I feel like we don't get much alone time together. We get interrupted by at least a couple people.

When the movie finished, I pulled away from his grip. I'll be honest, I don't want to leave his side.

Something about being in his arms brought me a lot of comfort.

I look at him to see he was deep into thought as well, and he looked pretty upset.

Maybe because I pulled away from him? Before I could say anything, we heard the front door open and close.

They didn't even look surprised that Colby was over. "How was date night?" They went Ice Skating so they were dressed for it.

"Really well, Tyler busted his ass a couple times." Avery giggled at the thought of it.

Tyler turned red from embarrassment as we laughed at him.

They walked into their room, hand and hand, as Colby and I look back at each other.

"Looks like they had a good time." Colby smiled towards me.

I returned the gesture with a big smile. "They'll make cute babies." I bring up what I told him when we first meant.

He just shook his head while looking at the tv. In that moment, I realize something.

I think I'm gaining feelings for Colby.