twenty-six

I wouldn't say I'm in love or anything, but I definitely have strong feelings for Colby.

Ever since the whole backyard movie screen for my birthday, we've been together everyday.

It's been a couple days since then and we're about to go on a date.

I haven't told anyone yet only because I don't want them knowing.

I had no idea where he was taking me. He just told me to dress cute but casual.

I was currently looking for something in my closet, not knowing what to wear.

It was starting to get warmer out so I didn't want to wear anything to get me too hot.

I decided to put on plaid skinny jeans, a black tube top, and a black jean jacket.

Right when I get done doing my makeup and hair, he texted me that he's here to pick me up.

I sneak out of the apartment and head down to his car. When I walk out of my building, he was waiting for me.

He looked really good. He had on a band shirt and black skinny jeans.

He also had on a black jean jacket which made me giggle. "Look at us, matching and shit." He notices and he smiles.

I love how it wasn't planned. "Can we get any cuter?" He asked while opening the car door for me.

I make sure to thank him when I climb inside. He jogs over towards his side of the car and gets in.

He starts to drive off as I start playing music lightly. "Am I allowed to know where we're going?" I tease a little.

He glances over at me and laces our fingers together. "I figured we could go to XLanes." He spoke nervously.

XLanes is a big indoor arcade and it has bowling too. It's got a sports bar, food, and even a room for pool tables.

It's a cool hangout spot, I always had a fun time there. "I can't wait to beat your ass in pool." I get cocky.

He raises an eyebrow and glances over towards me. "Are you shit talking before we even get there?" He asked with shock on his voice.

"I'm not shit talking, I'm just spitting out facts." He starts laughing while I do the same.

"I see how it is. That's what we're doing first then." He kept his eyes on the road while he drove.

He looks so good when he was driving. Hell, he looks good doing the simplest things.

I don't know how he does it, but I wanna figure it out. "Best two out of three, what does the winner get?" I bet.

He thinks about it for a second. "When we leave, the winner gets all the tokens and chooses an item."

It sounded like a fair deal to me so I agreed. When we get there, he pays for everything.

I told him how he didn't have to, but he was stubborn and wouldn't say no.

He said I could pay for the next date so it didn't make me argue with him.

We went to the room with all the pool tables first so we could do our bet.

I made sure to focus the whole time. There was a stuffed animal that I saw when I walked in so I really wanted it.

Even if I do lose, I might give Colby the puppy dog eyes to make him buy it for me.

During the first game, we took it way too seriously. We were barely speaking to each other.

We would cheer whenever we would make one of our balls in. I ended up winning which caused him to look at me with surprise.

"I think you cheated." He accused. I drop my jaw towards him while I put the balls back in the triangle.

"How could you accuse such a thing?" I tried to keep a straight face but I couldn't help but giggle a little.

I love how there's no awkward tension between us. Usually on a first date, there's awkward tension between the two.

Maybe it's cause we already have such a great bond and friendship. That's one thing I like about Colby and I.

There was never any awkward stage between us. We played pool for a little bit, and he ended up beating me.

As we walk out of the pool room, he slung his arm around me. "You still gonna shit talk me?" He teased.

I scrunch my nose towards him as we walk towards the bowling section.

This place was open til two in the morning so we were going to try to hit everything.

"Only when I know I'm gonna beat your ass, a hundred percent." I joked with him.

He chuckled while shaking his head. We got our shoes and grabbed balls.

Bowling was a lot more fun than what I thought it was going to be. We goofed off almost the whole time.

We weren't even trying to get strikes or the best points. We made up a game where we were trying to get the pins down in the most creative way.

Almost every time he went to throw it in, I was in a fit of laughter. Everyone that was bowling was giving us weird looks.

I honestly couldn't care though, I was having a great time with Colby.

Hopefully, they don't think we're overly intoxicated in some way and make us leave.

We stay at the bowling area for a good forty five minutes, goofing off.

So far, it's been a really good night. Most girls probably would want to go to a fancy dinner for their first date.

But to me, this is beyond perfect. Goofing off with the guy I'm interested in is the best first date.

We went to eat dinner since we were starting to get hungry.

"You having fun so far?" He asked after we ordered. I scrunch my nose while taking a sip from my drink.

"I was until you asked, the fuck?" I joke causing him to drop his jaw towards me.

"You play too damn much." He shook his head towards me.

I scoot closer towards him and kiss his cheek. "It's been a wonderful date." He smiled to himself a little bit.

When we get done eating, we start playing in the arcade. The whole night was super fun.

I didn't want it to end knowing how much fun I was having. I could tell that Colby was having fun too.

Around one forty-five, we went over towards the prizes. My eyes kept landing on the giant stuffed animal.

I guess Colby noticed because he went over to the person behind the counter.

He told her something and she nodded her head. She went over to it, and grabbed it from the top shelf.

I look over at Colby with my eyebrows furrowed. He had a big ass grin on his face.

"I thought you wanted the sword?" He said he was going to beat up his friend Jake with it.

He shrugged while looking at it. "I like it better." I just shake my head while he grabs it.

We walk out together, feeling good from our date. It felt like I was coming off of a high.

We've been going so hard, I could feel myself start to crash. We got into his car and he drove me to my apartment.

"Thank you for the date." I smile towards him. I really did have a good time with him.

"I'm just happy I beat your ass in pool." He's never gonna let this go.

I just flip him off as I get out of the car. We tell each other bye as I walk away.

"Cassie!" I turn around to look at him. He was jogging over towards me.

Before I could say anything, he kissed me. I melted in the way our lips moved in sync.

He pulled away, a playful smirk on his lips. "I'll see you tomorrow." I watched him walk away and get into his car.

Colby's gonna be the death of me.