thirty-four

"Cassie, are you okay?" Colby asked when we were alone. After we won Nationals, my friends and I went to celebrate at Hard Rock Cafe.

It was fun, don't get me wrong. I loved spending time with all my friends.

I just had so much on my mind with talking to Colby and tour. I'm nervous he'll freak out and something could happen.

But I wanna go ahead and tell him about it. I take a deep breath while I sit on his couch.

It's already been a long day, and it might be a longer night. Here goes nothing.

"I actually need to talk to you." I tell him in a serious tone. I could see the color drain his face as he turned over to me.

I could see the worry all over his face as he came over to me. He sat on the couch, leaving some distance.

"Everything okay?" He asked keeping his eyes on me. I nodded while I started playing with my fingers.

I didn't know how to say it, but I know I needed to. "Before we got our awards, I talked to the choreographer of Justin Bieber."

His eyes got big showing surprise. "Oh shit, really? What about?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"He offered me a spot to dance with Justin on his tour." He furrowed his eyebrows a little bit.

He didn't look upset, he was trying to figure everything out. "Wait, that's a good thing, right?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it's a great thing." I tell him honestly. He was more confused than anything.

I think it's going better so far than I thought. "You're gonna take it right?" He encouraged. I bite my lip as I look into his ocean blue eyes.

"I told him I would talk to you first. If I take it, I'll be on tour for a year." I admit to him.

He inhaled a breath. I could tell he was thinking about it, I just couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"Like, a year straight?" He asked worriedly. I shake my head. "No. If I take it, I won't be leaving until July." I inform him.

"A lot can happen in a year, Cassie." He was starting to doubt it. I could hear it in his voice.

I was scared something like this would happen. I can't lose him though. I love everything that we created the past couple of months.

"I know, but we can facetime and text everyday if I take it." I promise him. This is my dream so I wanna take it.

But I also want Colby. "I don't want to lose you Cass." His voice sounded shaky like he was about to cry.

I scoot closer to him, placing my hand on his. "You're not going to lose me. I don't have to take it." He shook his head.

"I don't want you to give up on your dreams because of me." He admitted. I frowned as I look at him.

"I mean, it's a big deal Cassie. I want you to go." He encouraged. I give him a small smile.

"Really?" I asked while keeping my eyes on him. I'm so thankful this didn't turn into a fight.

He nodded his head towards me. "I mean, it's going to be hard but I know we can figure it out." That made me super happy.

I'm going on tour with Justin Bieber, but I also get to keep Colby. I give him a small smile.

"I guess I have to tell Nick that he'll see me on tour." And so I did. Nick gave me his number so I messaged him and let him know I'll be there.