sixteen

I was exhausted from dance. I laid on my bed when I got home. Dance has been kicking my ass the past couple of weeks.

Right as I got comfortable, my phone started ringing. I answer it before I could see who it was.

"Cassie!" I hear Colby excitedly yell. I started smiling a little bit to myself. "Hi, Colbs." I adjust to myself so he could hear me better.

"Are you home from dance?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, I just laid down on my bed." I answer his question.

I could feel him get excited over the phone. "Do you go in tomorrow?" I shake my head even though he can't see it.

"No I have the day off." Thank God, too. I could feel his smile through the phone.

"Would you wanna hang out tomorrow?" He asked hopeful. I think it would be really fun.

"Yeah, I can come over around one?" I suggest towards him. He agreed so we were going to hang out.

Around eleven thirty the next morning, I started looking for an outfit. I eventually found black skinny jeans and an Arctic Monkey's shirt.

When I was fully dressed and ready, I text Colby, and head over to his house. I didn't know what he had planned for today.

He said he was in his room so when I get there, I jog up the stairs and his room.

I knock on it before going inside. When I open the door, he was walking out of the bathroom, shirtless.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist causing me to gasp out loud. I couldn't control it either.

Whenever I did it, he looked over at me. "Don't worry, I'm changing in my bathroom. I just forgot boxers."

He opened a drawer and grabbed a pair of boxers. I had my jaw slightly open as I stared at Colby.

But I knew I had to look away before he noticed I was staring at him. Right when he started to turn around, I quickly moved my eyes.

When I glanced back over to him, he had a small smile on his lips.

He went back to the bathroom and closed his door. I went to sit down on the couch while I wait for him to get dressed.

I don't know why that whole thing made me nervous. I've been in the same situation with Ethan before.

But I've never been that nervous. It was a strange feeling. It took him a few minutes to get dressed.

As I waited, I scrolled through my Facebook. When I heard him come back, I locked my phone and sat it down.

He had on black cotton shorts and his merch. "I'm happy you could come today." He sat down next to me.

And it was awfully close. "Me too, what did you have planned?" I questioned.

He explained how he had to go to Target to get a few things and get lunch.

Good thing on the lunch, cause I'm starving. Colby offered to drive so he grabbed his keys.

We jogged down the stairs to go outside to the car. We get in as he starts it.

"You can play music if you want." He smiles towards me. I connect to his blutooth and start playing music on shuffle.

Even though it was a chilly, it was a pretty day. There were barely any clouds in the sky and it was sunny.

It was nice looking at everything while he drove. We went to Tender Greens to eat, and it was really nice.

I was more thrilled that Ethan wasn't here knowing he eats here a lot.