eighteen

It was the first competition weekend of the season and I was super excited.

It's currently seven-thirty in the morning and I was on my way to the studio.

We have to get there early so we can hit the road before the bad traffic comes.

It's two and a half hours on a charter bus so it's not bad. Before getting to the studio, I got myself an Iced Coffee.

I needed something to wake me up. Colby is coming today with Stas so I was excited about that.

I don't know how much I'll see them, but they'll see me dance for the first time.

It did make me a little nervous but I was excited for them to see it.

I had a solo, trio, and the group dance. It was going to be a long day. When I get to the studio, everyone was there.

I get out of the car, and grab everything I need. Alex smiles at me when I get on the bus.

I could tell everyone was tired. I walk to the back and sit down.

This was going to be a long drive. I grabbed my beats and turned them on. I connected them to my phone and turned on a playlist.

Colby made a playlist for me so I was going to listen to that on the ride.

Once I'm comfortable, the bus starts moving. I told Colby to let me know whenever he's on the way.

I scroll through my phone while I listen to music. An hour into the ride, I get a message from Colby.

Honestly, us two texting made the whole thing a lot faster. When we get to the place where we're performing, we get out of the bus.

It was ten thirty so we weren't too late. I already told Colby to look for Alex since Alex is saving him a seat.

We went back to the green room so we could start getting ready. I was doing my solo first, then my trio, and then the group.

I sat in front of a mirror so I could do my makeup. "Cassie, do you wanna run over your solo or do you feel good about it?" Alex asked.

I've been working on it since November. "I feel good about it." I smile up at him. He nodded once and asked if anyone wanted to run over their solo.

Right when I got done with my makeup, putting my hair up, and getting my costume on, they called me on stage.

Everyone wished me luck as we walked to the stage. "Don't forget to point your toes and keep your leg straight." Alex adviced.

I always get nervous before going on. I know it'll be okay though. We all separate whenever we get to the wings.

I was going on in a few minutes. When the person before me finishes, I inhale a deep breath.

As they call my number, one of my teammates, Wyatt, wished me luck.

I went out there and waited for the music to start. For the whole three minutes, I danced my heart out.

I made sure to hit everything and show emotion on my face. When I got done, I ate up the cheers.

It's really a great feeling. I walk off the stage and celebrate with Wyatt whenever I'm in the wings.

One performance down, two to go. I watch Wyatt in awe as he does dance. He's super good at hip hop, probably the best I've ever seen.

When he gets done, the cheers are super loud for him, as they should. We celebrate backstage again and head towards the green room.

This is going to be a long day. And it was. It took a few hours to get through all the dances.

And before we knew it, it was time to hear where we placed. I sat next to Wyatt and the rest of my teammates.

Out of all my teammates, I was probably closer to Wyatt. But we're all super close.

We've been a team for a few years now. They were going to announce the winners for the solo's first.

And I was extremely nervous while I listened. They called Wyatt for second place which made me thrilled for him.

They called me for first place, causing a lot of cheers. I knew I had giant smile plastered to my face.

I took the trophy and make sure to thank them. They took our picture and we went to sit back down.

They told us the winners for the rest of the categories, and we won for the trio and group dance.

It was a good way to start the season. We went back to the green room with all of our trophies.

We've been working so hard for these. When we walk inside, Alex was waiting for us.

And I saw two familiar faces sitting with them. "Cassie!" Stas squealed when she saw me.

I squealed too as we ran to each other. We hugged each other for a moment, which was nice.

I'm super happy she could make it. It honestly means a lot to me. When we pulled away, I saw Colby standing behind her.

We've been texting each other off and on today. "You did really well today." He complimented me.

I couldn't hold back anymore. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him.

He did the same, and wrapped me up in a big ass hug. We stayed like this for a moment, but I had to pull away.

"It means a lot that you both got to come. Thank you." I tell them honestly. Both Tyler and Avery couldn't make it.

But I'm happy they could. "Of course we came. Colby here couldn't keep his eyes off of you." I look over at Colby.

His lips were pursed while his face was beat red. "Really?" I ask as she was nodding her head.

"Yeah, I think he was drooling during your solo." I giggle while I look up at him.

He was giving her a death glare for her exposing him. I honestly did think it was adorable.

"You're done." He inhaled deeply and looked over at me. I could sense his embarrassment.

I don't know why he would be embarrassed. "You really did look great up there." He told me softly.

My face flushed as he told me the compliment. I made sure to thank him while I looked around.

I need to start getting my things together. "I'll see you two later?" I ask hopeful. They both nodded their heads.

They both made sure to congratulate me before leaving. It was nice seeing them and getting to talk to them.

I packed my stuff up so we could head out to the charter bus. I was exhausted honestly.

Competition days are so long, especially when you have multiple dances. We piled onto the bus so we could head back home.

I sat in the same seat in the back and Alex came back with me.

The whole ride back, we discussed something we could do for the next competition.

When we get back, the sun was starting to set. I told Stas and Colby I would meet them back at Colby's house.

I don't know how long I'm going to stay there for knowing how tired I am. When I pull up, I see he's already home.

I walk inside and close the door. "Colby?" I yell through out the house.

I heard footsteps and then I saw the core four come up. "What's up winner!" Colby hyped me up.

I smile as I walk over to them. Sam and Kat both congratulated me on the win which made me happy.

My heart felt so full of love. I appreciate everyone one of them. I was honestly blessed to have some of the most supportive friends.

We might tease each other and make fun of each other, but they'll have my back. And I'll have theirs.

Especially Colby's.