twenty-four

"Here next is Cassie Daniels and Wyatt Alexander for The Choice." They announced. Wyatt and I nodded at each other from across the wings.

Everyone cheered as we went to the stage. This was one of my favorite duets.

It's about a boy who wants to break up with his girlfriend, but she's trying really hard to make him stay.

It's got some hard moves in it but it's honestly a fun dance to do. I made sure to show all the emotion on my face when we did it.

We're at a competition in Las Vegas and we've been here all day. Colby's somewhere in the crowd with Alex.

Him and Sam got done editing a day early so Colby could come here and watch.

We do everything perfectly and we finish the dance. We walk off the stage and look at each other.

I couldn't be more proud of us. We quickly hug each other when we're in the wings.

We go to the green room so we could get ready for the group dance.

I was honestly happy for tonight. If we win, Alex said we could get a few hotel rooms and go out to the bars tonight to celebrate.

I told Colby so he brought extra clothes with him just in case.

It just makes us work a little harder so we could go out. We went over our group dance and then did it on stage.

We were all in sync and we did everything perfect. I loved the feeling of being on stage.

Sometimes, I think I was born to dance on stage. After waiting for a while, they said everything was ready.

We all walked to the stage, hand in hand. We went to a section of the stage and sat down.

I scanned the seats for Alex and Colby. After a minute, I eventually found them.

I instantly smiled whenever I saw them. They started announcing the winners for each category.

Wyatt and I won for duo which made me happy. When they got to group, we were all holding hands.

We ended up winning so it looks like we're all going out tonight. We all celebrated when we went back to the green room.

This is a good season for us so far and I couldn't be happier for us. Once we were ready to leave, we all went to get a hotel room.

Alex said I could share one with Colby which made me super thankful.

We got a nicer looking one that had a kitchenette, a giant bed, and a balcony.

I know Colby loves his balcony's. "How much are you drinking tonight?" I ask Colby while I gather my outfit.

It's currently six and we're going out in a couple hours. Colby flopped on the couch and looked at me.

"I don't wanna drink too much since I have to drive tomorrow." He pouts. I pout along with him.

Since he's posting at one tomorrow afternoon, he has to leave by ten to get back in time.

I wish he would stay, but I know he wants to be with Sam for that.

But I'm thankful he got to come here today. I'm just happy we still get to see each other with our busy schedules.

"You and the guy did really well for the duet." I hope he isn't jealous. I glance over towards him.

I couldn't tell if he was or wasn't since he was hiding his face.

"Thanks, it's one of my favorite duets I've done." I admit to him. It truly is though, hopefully we get to do it at Nationals.

He watched me as I got all my things together. The more he watched, the more tired I could see him get.

His eyes slowly closed while his breathing got even. It doesn't take him long to get ready so I'll let him sleep for a little bit.

I grabbed all my makeup and took it into the bathroom. It had better lighting and I didn't want to wake him up.

I put my music on shuffle while I start on my my makeup. I sit on the floor while I do it.

It's honestly been a long ass day, but I was excited to go out with my teammates.

We all needed this. I think stuff like this is why we work so well together.

We work hard and get shit done, but also allow ourselves to let loose. I spent about an hour and a half in there, doing my makeup.

Once done, I could hear footsteps come into the bathroom. I look up to see a groggy Colby.

"How long did I nap for?" He rasped as I put all my makeup in my bag. My body was sore from dance and sitting on the bathroom floor.

"An hour and a half. I didn't want to wake you." I zip my bag and stand up. As I walk past him, I place a kiss on his cheek, making him turn red.

I love how we are now. We're partially in the honeymoon phase but we act like best friends still.

Everything just feels normal with him. In the next thirty minutes, we were ready to go out.

Everyone was meeting at the lobby area since we were walking to the bars.

We were the last ones to show up. Colby and I walked hand in hand on the streets of Las Vegas.

I haven't drank in a hot minute so I wanted to drink. "Alex you getting drunk tonight?" Wyatt beamed towards him.

"I'll be drinking a little." Alex smiled brightly. We went to XS Nightclub and got right in.

I made sure I held onto Colby's hand so I wouldn't get lost. It was loud, dark, and crowded in here.

Whenever I drink, it's either at Colby's parties or it's at a bar. I took the lead and took Colby over to the bar.

"You know, I'm super proud of you." Colby said in my ear as we reached the bar. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at him.

I lean over the bar while I wait for a bartender. "For the competition?" I ask him confused. He shook his head towards me.

"A few months ago, you were nervous about a little house party." He started out.

"And now you're dragging me through a crowded club in Las Vegas." I didn't even realize it, but he's right.

When Colby told me there was going to be a couple hundred people at his Halloween party, I was nervous to go.

I wasn't even nervous to come out here tonight. I smiled a little bit while thinking about it.

He really did bring me out of my shell. "It's all because of you." I flirt with him.

I wrap my arm around his and lean my head on Colby's shoulder.

I really was thankful for him. He brings the best out of me and makes me strive to become better.

He's my number one supporter and I know he'll always have my back, hell he punched Ethan for me.

I don't think I've ever cared for someone as much as I care about Colby. And I don't think I've ever had someone care for me the way Colby does.

It's honestly a wonderful feeling. I loved coming here with everyone and seeing Alex drink.

I've drank with him a couple times and he's a hilarious drunk.

As we were ordering shots, Colby was talking to Wyatt. I knew they would get along, Wyatt's a cool dude.

The longer we hung out there, the more drunk we were getting.

Wyatt stumbled over towards Alex and spoke in his ear. Alex drunkenly laughed and stood up.

"We're going to find girls." Alex yelled in my ear. I widened my eyes as I watch them stagger off to the dance floor.

Alex is so focused on the dance world, he barely finds time to date. He's a great guy so I hope he finds someone.

I look over at Colby to see he was tipsy. "You wanna dance with me?" I ask Colby in his ear.

He took a swig of his drink while standing up. He took his hand into mine and we went to the dance floor.

I wouldn't want to experience this with anyone else.