thirty

When I wake up the next morning, I wasn't feeling too great. My muscles were aching and my head was pounding.

This aching feeling was different than dancing all day. I felt like absolute shit. But I had to go to dance.

We have to start early on learning the dance. I sit up in the bed, a wave of nausea hitting me.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to throw up. I could feel something moving in the bed while I sat there.

"Cassie, you okay?" Colby rasped towards me. I just nodded, my nausea going away. I turn over to him. "I'm fine." I lie. I felt like shit.

But I wasn't going to tell him that. "Just have a headache." I tell him.

I try to get out of bed but my body is so weak, I almost fall over. "Cassie." Colby rushed over to me and grabbed my arm.

He looked at my arm and then at me. "You're burning up." He placed his free hand on my forehead.

I just shake my head while I try to stand back up. "Colby, I'm fine. I need to get to the studio." I try to tell him.

He's a lot stronger than me right now so he picked me up and put me back on the bed.

"I'm gonna go call Alex to tell him." He tells me reassuringly. I don't try to argue with him so I just let him walk out.

I hate being sick. I've been taking care of myself for so long, I don't like depending on people.

It just makes me feel bad, I don't want to mess up anyone's day. A few minutes go by and Colby's walking back in.

"Alex said everything's okay. He woke up sick too so he canceled class." He explained to me.

That sucks that he's sick too. We've must've caught something at Reginals yesterday.

Colby came over to me and sat on the edge of the bed. "Sam said he could edit so I can take care of you." I shook my head towards him.

"If you need to edit, you can edit. I don't want to mess up your schedule." He shushed me, making me stop talking.

"Trust me, I don't want to edit. I'd rather take care of you. Sam said it was okay." He reminded me.

I really don't deserve Colby. He's holding everything off so he can take care of me.

I look at him softly as I lay there. "Thanks, baby." I didn't want him to get sick.

But I knew he was taking care of me no matter what.

"Do you think you can eat anything?" He sweetly asked me. I thought about it for a second.

I honestly think I can so I nod my head. "I'll go whip something up." He got up from the bed and walked off.

I feel like if I didn't have this fever, I would be okay. I couldn't stop shaking even though I felt like I was on fire.

I couldn't tell how long he was gone for. But when he came back, he had a plate with a grilled cheese on it.

I sit up so I can take it from him. I eat it slowly, worried I was going to throw up.

But luckily, I didn't. I took some medicine he got for me and washed it down with a water.

Times like this makes me wish I still had my mom. But I'm thankful that I have Colby here to take care of me.

Once I ate and took all my medicine, Colby laid down in bed, next to me. "I don't want to get you sick." I pout towards him.

He just shook his head while opening up his arms. "I don't care. You worry too much." He did have a point.