seven

"Wait, so you're telling me that you started ghost hunting because you got arrested?" I ask Colby while he laughs.

We didn't have any plans so we were both hanging out. We were hanging out by his pool.

I wanted to hang out with him before he went to Kansas for Thanksgiving. In the past couple of weeks, we've been hanging out a lot.

He's honestly super cool and fun to hang out with. "It's a long story." I can see him remembering back.

"So, tell me. I have time to hear it." I tell him while getting comfortable. He looked surprised for a moment.

But he ended up telling me the story. Back in twenty-nineteen, him and Sam went to film in Florida to do XPLR.

Two days into the trip, they got arrested with two brothers. Even though it was kinda long, it was an interesting story.

"You know, I've never met someone who's been to jail." I tell him honestly.

He started smirking towards me so I don't know what he's thinking.

"Makes me sexier, right?" I give him a gross look and shake my head.

"Don't even." I shake my head. He laughs a little as we talk. Colby's helped me a lot since the break up with Ethan.

There have been a couple times where he drunkenly messaged me. But I never gave in and messaged him.

It's like what Colby said, he doesn't deserve my energy. My dance classes have been going great.

The kids are amazing like usual and the competitive team is starting to practice.

We won't be like Dance Moms where we're going to do competitions every week.

But we will be doing some here and there until regional's and nationals.

I was excited for competition season. I think it'll be a good distraction from everything.

Colby then looked at me softly. "How did you get into dance?" He asked curiously.

I sigh while thinking about it. "My mom was a dancer and I wanted to be like her." I tell him honestly.

He looked at me a little softly. "I bet she loves that." It's not like he knows.

I just nodded my head while smiling to myself. "Yeah, she did." I saw him furrow his eyebrows towards me.

"Did?" He simply asked. I took a deep breath while looking over at him.

"My mom passed away when I was in High School." I frown towards him.

My freshman year, my got super sick. She ended up getting stage four cancer and didn't make it.

When I tell Colby this, I could see his face change. "I'm sorry, I didn't know." I shake my head towards him.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I tell him. I swallow deeply while thinking about it.

"Do you miss her?" I don't mind talking about her like this. It was nice.

Ethan was sweet about it, but we never had deep conversations like this. I nodded my head towards him.

"Every day." It does make me upset that she won't see me have kids or get married.

It never truly gets easier. But I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with her.

Most people would've gave up dance if the person they did it for, passed on.

But I keep doing it because I know she would want me to. She wouldn't want me to be sad.