Chapter 6: Online Curses

Lisa was indifferent to Jungkook's antipathy. She had no interest in being Madam Jun, which was a position that appeared to be glamorous but was also in fact much more than that.

Having been in the political quagmire for a long time in her previous life, she knew very well that the higher one stood, the greater the responsibility. Now that she had finally left that treacherous centre of power, all she wanted to do was to experience her current life.

"Young Master."

Upon seeing Jungkook walk out of the study with an unhappy expression, the servants did not even dare to breathe loudly. Instead, they carefully observed his expression.

Haru, also known as Jun Haru, wore the teddy bear pyjamas that Lisa had prepared for him. He wriggled his way to Jungkook's side.

Looking at the soft and shrunken version of himself that had been steamed by the hot steam of the bathroom, the cold air around Jungkook finally dissipated a little.

"Put on your clothes and go back with Daddy."

The little dumpling shrank back and furrowed his tender little face when he heard Jungkook.

"Daddy, I want to stay with Mommy... Can I?"

There was a pleading look in his round eyes. Jungkook initially wanted to take him away by force, but he saw his soft gaze...

He was suddenly reminded of the fact that his parents had passed away when he was young. Although the Old Master had brought him up, he still lacked the warmth of his parents. The life he had grown up in was lonely and cold. Was it right for those cruel feelings to be imposed on this child?

So Jungkook pursed his lips and compromised. "Sleep early and wake up early. Don't mess around. I'll pick you up this weekend. We'll be going to Great-Grandpa's house."

"Alright, daddy!" Having finally obtained Jungkook's approval, the little dumpling jumped up and down in joy. He excitedly ran up to the second floor to look for Lisa.

Looking at the child hopping around in his teddy bear pyjamas, Jungkook's gaze turned warm, but it was soon covered by a layer of ice.

No matter what, Lalisa was Jun Haru's biological mother. It was normal for the child to get close to her. If she behaved herself and did not cause trouble, he could consider giving her an additional severance fee for the divorce.

Jungkook looked around the house. The lighting was warm and he could see Haru's school bag that had the shape of a white shark on the sofa. On the table was a half-flipped book, "Whistling Manor", and a small plate of strawberries. The water droplets on the strawberries had made them glisten under the light.

Although it was a little messy, this room actually gave him a faint feeling of warmth. Jungkook shook off the thoughts in his mind and turned to walk out of the door. Surging darkness instantly swallowed him into the night.

When the car finally left the villa, the voice of Lalisa telling stories could already be heard from the bedroom on the second floor.

The night used tranquillity to protect the warm people, but it also used darkness to cover up countless ill intentions.

==========

"Sister Ruan, Lalisa has finally been pulled down. With her acting skills, how could she have the ability to act as the female lead? Now that the Xia family is bankrupt, let's see how arrogant she can remain."

In a high-class apartment in the city centre, Ruan Ji-Yoon, who had changed roles with Lisa, was on the phone with her manager.

In the past, Lalisa had taken advantage of her family's wealth and acted arrogantly. Furthermore, because she had invested a large sum of money into this production team, she had bulldozed the production team into giving her the role of the female lead.