Chapter 19: Pick Somebody Up

The next morning, Lisa sent a chauffeur to pick up Beomgyu.

Worried that his pink hair would affect the little dumpling's innocent view of the world, Beomgyu went to the hair salon to dye his hair before he arrived at the house. With his soft black hair, Beomgyu looked more youthful.

He didn't bring much luggage as Lisa had already prepared the basic necessities for his daily life. Once he arrived, she brought Beomgyu around the house.

"Nanny Li has already tidied up the room on the first floor. You can stay in that room."

"Oh." Beomgyu stuck his head out and measured the renovation of the house with his eyes. He then thought about the superior location and couldn't help but be amazed.

"Hey, this is for you." Beomgyu handed Lisa a card.

"What?" Lisa raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"You know, that man didn't give me much money a month. There's not much left. I'll give it to you every month from now on."

Beomgyu pursed his lips nonchalantly. "Consider it my living expenses. I don't want to be eating braised chicken every meal."

A flash of amusement crossed Lisa's expression. He must have seen the comments online and was worried that she was poor, so he gave her the bank card.

She pushed the card in front of her back.

"I'm not that poor."

"Hmph, forget it if you don't want it. You're so stubborn." Beomgyu felt a little embarrassed after being rejected, but he felt that Lisa was being stubborn for not accepting the money.

After all, the Xia family was now bankrupt and had no more money for her to squander. Speaking of which, even though Lisa was married to a big shot, based on his understanding of Jungkook, if Lisa died on the streets, Jungkook wouldn't even spare her a glance.

"Alright, let's go and eat first. I'm going to the south to film tomorrow. You can stay here."

After lunch, Haru took a nap. Lisa leaned on the balcony and looked at the butterfly orchids by the window.

"Why did you bring me back? Didn't you always treat me like air?"

Now that there was no one around, Beomgyu finally asked the question he had been hiding in his heart for the past few days.

"I'm your sister." Lisa turned around and smiled at Beomgyu. "Besides, you're a kind child."

She wasn't a saint who would save anyone she saw. Beomgyu wasn't a bad child. She was only willing to help him because he lacked someone to care for him.

Beomgyu looked at Lisa in disbelief. He was kind? The devil incarnate was kind? People in Beijing would laugh to death if they heard that.

However, hearing Lisa's words, Beomgyu could not deny that his heart was filled with joy. "I would have believed you when I was three years old. What is your real motive?"

"My motive is to find a toy for Haru, is that reason enough?" Lisa laughed. "Go and unpack your luggage. Don't expect others to unpack for you."

With that said, Lisa waved her hand to dismiss Beomgyu. She didn't want to argue with a child.

"Why would I expect someone to unpack for me?"

Beomgyu mumbled to himself as he went downstairs. Although he didn't get a definite answer, he still felt happy for some reason.

'I'm such a big man and he's such a little dumpling. Who's going to be a toy for whom? Hmph.'

==========