Chapter 7: Braised Chicken Rice

The next day, Lisa brought the little dumpling out for breakfast before taking him to school. As she watched him get into the school bus, she felt slightly reluctant to part with him.

Last night, she had agreed to divorce Jungkook in three months. The Jun family would definitely not give her custody of the child. However, modern society was still much more civilized than before.

In the past, after a woman was divorced, she would never have the chance to see her child again. Now, it seemed things had changed. Even if they divorced, she was still the child's mother. That was why she had agreed so quickly.

She took out her phone and saw the messages from Bright Red 99+. She had not been out for the past two days and her friends had sent her a lot of messages.

Lalisa had a slight obsessive-compulsive disorder. She walked to the swing in the courtyard, sat down, and began to open and delete the useless messages one by one.

'Great. All the messages are deleted.'

Lisa searched for 'Lin' in the search bar at the top. As expected, the face of an elite who was dressed in professional attire appeared.

Lalisa had a special status, so it was unavoidable that she needed to contact the Jun family. However, Jungkook had no interest in dealing with her, so Lin Jing was mainly responsible for contacting Lisa.

Lisa opened up the chat and typed something. As she was still unfamiliar with using a phone, her typing speed was somewhat slow.

Special Assistant Lin had just finished a meeting and was about to sort out the meeting records and hand them over to Jungkook when his private WeChat notification rang.

Lin Jing picked up his phone. The message on his phone stopped him from sorting the documents.

"Can I move into the apartment that was prepared for me in the city centre? Help me arrange it, thank you."

The words 'Xia Lalisa' were displayed above the message.

Lin Jing adjusted his glasses and was stunned when he saw the words 'thank you'. Then, he smiled mysteriously. Closing the document, Lin Jing proceeded to walk towards the CEO's office.

After rejecting a few calls from her friends asking her to go out and play, Lalisa called the chauffeur.

The last time she went through the wardrobe, she realized that the original owner of the body's clothing style was too flamboyant. There was barely anything in there she found suitable to wear. Since she hadn't entered the drama production team yet, she wanted to go out and shop.

In the original owner's memory, clothing stores that had all kinds of dazzling exquisitely designed clothes were everywhere in this era. Perhaps because the peaceful life here had allowed her to relax, Lalisa's natural love for beauty as a woman had been aroused.

Since the original owner of the body seemed to be a celebrity with a little fame, infamous to be exact, Lalisa had Nanny Li bring a mask and a cap to disguise her somewhat. She then got the chauffeur to send her to Tianfu Road.

As expected of a famous shopping district in China. It took some time but Lisa finally found a less-crowded street and took her time strolling around. What she didn't know was that the lack of people here was due to the high prices of the clothes here. The bright and colourful clothes in the display windows piqued her interest.

Lalisa went into a more elegant-looking shop. Although she was wearing a mask and her face was covered, the shop assistant knew that big business was here when she saw Lalisa's branded clothes and elegant posture. She hurriedly went up to greet her with a smile.