Chapter 41: Princess Hug

"Let's go back and visit Grandpa tomorrow."

The journey was silent. Jungkook only spoke when the car gradually drove into the manor.

Lisa pulled herself out of the book that she read halfway. Looking at the time, it had been almost a month since she had seen Old Master.

"Sure." Lisa readily agreed.

When they arrived at the manor, the chauffeur got out of the car and opened the door for Jungkook. Jungkook got out of the car but did not leave immediately.

He stood at the door and waited for Lisa to get out of the car. He used his hand to block the door, in case Lisa's head hit the roof.

The chauffeur was so shocked that his eyes widened, while Lisa remained calm.

It was mainly because she had always watched those television dramas on Strawberry TV where many men would do the same, so she had tacitly agreed to Jungkook's gentlemanly behaviour. However, she had forgotten that Jungkook was not a gentleman, nor was he someone who could escort anyone out of the car.

"Thank you." Lisa got out of the car and nodded slightly at Jungkook. When he met those smiling eyes, Jungkook retracted his hand and shook hands.

The garden had just been watered, and there was water dripping from the petals on the path of the stones.

Lisa looked at the gorgeous blooming peach blossoms by the roadside and reached out to place one on the bedside table.

Unexpectedly, the branch of the peach blossom was somewhat tall. Lisa stood on her toes slightly, but the gravel road was soaked. How could it bear the pair of eight-centimetre high heels?

Lisa slipped and twisted her ankle from her high heels to the ground.

She fell to the side and screamed.

Jungkook, who had been walking behind Lisa and had just answered the call, rushed to her side almost instantly.

Lisa had wanted to rely on her own strength to stand firm, but she didn't expect to feel a heart-wrenching pain in her ankle. If it was in her previous life, she could easily overcome it.

But in this life, Lisa was so delicate that she could not exert any strength after spraining her ankle. Lisa could only fall in the direction of the lawn, hoping that it would be lighter.

However, the pain she expected did not come. Instead, she fell into a warm embrace.

The smell of a mature man's cologne wafted over from the shop. Lisa raised her head and saw a firm line of jawline.

"Is everything okay?"

Feeling the warmth in his arms, Jungkook tensed up slightly. He calmly helped Lisa up, but she had seriously sprained her leg. A slight movement would be as if ten thousand needles were stabbing into her.

Lisa fell into Jungkook's arms again.

...

Jungkook reached out to hug Lisa. Looking at her lowered eyes, he suddenly bent down and carried her, then steadily walked into the manor.

As he was in too much of a hurry and could not hang up on the call, the other party was forced to hear the entire conversation.

A delicate cry of 'aiyo', and a cry of pain that made one's heart ache.

Bo Xiao, on the other end, could not help but let his imagination run wild.

But what surprised him the most was that a woman's voice actually appeared beside Jungkook?! And from the sound of it, the two of them were very close. This sounded like a fantasy story.

Lisa did not expect Jungkook to pick her up directly. Through the thin shirt, the heat from Jungkook's body spread to Lisa layer by layer. Lisa's cheeks involuntarily flushed red.

The sky was dyed red and purple by the setting sun. The afterglow hugged the backs of the two of them. Compared to the multicolored light that filled the sky and the sea of flowers, this pair of figures seemed to be even more moving.

"Uncle Wang, call Shen Xiu over."

From afar, he saw Jungkook carrying Lisa over. Uncle Wang did not dare to go forward. When he got closer, he saw that Lisa's right foot was already swollen.

"Okay, I'll inform them immediately."

Jungkook carried Lisa up to the second floor and placed her on the bed.

"I'll do it myself." Lisa bent down to remove her shoes.

Unexpectedly, Jungkook squatted down in silence and gently untied Lisa's shoelaces.

His hot palm formed a strong contrast with Lisa's jade-like feet. Lisa shrank her toes in embarrassment.

Jungkook's gaze swept across the toes that were shrinking shyly like seashells. His hands curled up involuntarily, and he couldn't help but think of the smooth and tender sensation he had just experienced.

Instantly, his mouth went dry. "Lie down properly. The doctor will be here soon." Just as he finished speaking, Jungkook quickly left the bedroom without even looking at Lisa.

??

Lisa leaned forward to take a sniff. My feet didn't stink either. Why was this person reacting so strongly?

By the time Jungkook entered the bedroom, Shen Xiu was already sitting in front of the bed, examining Lisa's wound.

"It's your ankle. Let me apply some medicine for you. Remember to change it once a day. You can ice it two to three times a day to help with your recovery."

"Okay, thank you, doctor."

Her clear voice made Shen Xiu look up at the woman who had appeared in Jungkook's bedroom.

Her facial features were indeed moving, but Shen Xiu felt that he had seen her face somewhere before.

Even when he heard footsteps behind him, Shen Xiu still could not figure out where he had seen Lisa.

"How is she?"

"It's nothing. She'll be fine after resting for a few days and putting on the ice diligently."

Shen Xiu was young, but he had excellent medical skills. Hence, he was a long-term family doctor of the Jun family. Since he said that it was nothing serious, Jungkook did not probe further.

After applying the medicine, Shen Xiu followed Jungkook downstairs, leaving Lisa sound asleep.

When she woke up again, she was woken up by a delicate fragrance. Lisa opened her eyes and saw a large bouquet of peach blossoms in the green porcelain vase on the bedside table.

In the living room downstairs, Shen Xiu had just left when Jungkook's phone rang again.

"Hello?" Jungkook picked up the phone.

"Oh, my Great Master Jun, is that all?" The man's teasing voice came through the phone.

Jungkook was stunned for a moment. When he realized what Bo Xiao was referring to, his eyes turned cold. "I'm hanging up."

"Hey, hey, hey, I was wrong! Young Master Jun! I have something important to tell you."

"You better have serious matters to attend to." The coldness in Jungkook's words could be felt even through the Pacific Ocean.

"Old K and the rest are probably going to make a move soon. I'm preparing to return to China in two days." Bo Xiao finally lost his teasing spirit and his tone was filled with seriousness.

"Then come back. The Bo family needs you anyway." Jungkook thought for a moment and agreed with Bo Xiao.

"Mmm, but will I be able to see that beautiful woman of yours when I'm back? I'm really curious what kind of fairy can make our cold-hearted Young Master Jun have such thoughts?"

After Bo Xiao was done talking about serious matters, he started to be indecent again. Before he could finish speaking, Jungkook had already hung up the phone.

Hearing the beeping sound from the phone, a smile flashed across Bo Xiao's fox-like eyes.

Five years later, I'm back in China.