Chapter 52: Goodnight

"Oh, okay. Here."

Lisa handed the cake back to Jungkook. As she was used to taking care of Haru, Lisa even tore open the packaging considerately and handed the spoon to Jungkook.

"........"

Jungkook gave Lisa a deep look, then put down the document in his hand and took the spoon.

For a moment, the car fell into silence. Only the rich fragrance of tea lingered in the car.

It was much later than usual when they got home.

When Jungkook and Lisa walked into the house, they saw a yellow Pikachu squatting at the door.

From afar, it looked like a toy. When they got closer, they realized that Haru was sitting in the middle of the door with a pout on his face and looking at the two of them with his big eyes.

"Why are you sitting here?" Lisa was amused by Haru's aggrieved look.

"Daddy, Mommy, I'm hungry. Where did you guys go? Why are you only back now?"

"I'm so hungry. Daddy, Mommy, where did you guys go?" Haru looked like he was about to cry.

"You can eat first." Lisa walked up and pulled Haru up, then handed the cake to him. "Look, I bought this for you."

"Wow, Mommy, you're the best!!" Upon seeing the pretty little piggy cake, the grievance on Haru's face disappeared and was replaced with joy.

"Young Master, Madam, you're finally back. Little Master said he was hungry just now. I told him to eat first but he refused and insisted on waiting for you guys to eat together."

Seeing that Jungkook and the rest had returned, Uncle Wang hurriedly got someone to prepare the food. "The food is ready."

Lisa had eaten an entire bowl of mocha mousse in advance. She was not very hungry, so she was full after eating half a bowl of rice.

After a tiring day, Lisa wanted to go up and take a shower. "Eat slowly. Sleep with me tonight."

Ever since she arrived in the modern world, Haru had been extremely close to Lisa. In the past few days, he had been clamouring about sleeping with Lisa. Now that Lisa's feet were much better, she wanted Haru to return to the master bedroom to sleep with her.

"Okay! Mommy, wait for me!"

Haru, whose mouth was stuffed, nodded happily.

After showering, Lisa felt that the fatigue of the day had somewhat dissipated.

Ever since she had finished reading the book that Jungkook had placed by the bed last time, a new book would be placed on the bedside table every two days.

Lisa was halfway through her book when Haru, who had been washed clean by the nannies, barged in.

But there was someone behind him.

Lisa closed the book and met a pair of deep eyes.

For some reason, Lisa suddenly recalled the warmth that had brushed past her lips in the car earlier. She immediately avoided Jungkook's gaze unnaturally.

Sensing Lisa's resistance, Jungkook's eyes turned cold.

"Mommy, let's sleep together!"

Haru climbed onto the bed excitedly and crawled to Lisa's side, but his other hand was unwilling to let go of Jungkook. Jungkook could only lie on the bed according to his strength, and a fragrance instantly lingered at the tip of his nose.