Chapter 15: Video Chat

The television drama was still playing, and Lisa watched it with a serious face. Although the plot was awkward, she wanted to learn how modern people acted.

By the time the episode was over, Beomgyu had finally finished his meal. He looked at the clean bowls and dishes.

Haru blinked. "Uncle, you can really eat."

"Ahem," Beomgyu touched the tip of his nose in embarrassment. It was the first meal he had after fighting someone. How could he not be hungry?

After Beomgyu was done eating, Lisa waved at Haru. "Let's go back, Haru."

"Rest well. Just send me a message on WeChat if you have any cravings."

"Okay." There was no free lunch in the world. Beomgyu was rarely obedient.

"Uncle, rest well. We'll visit you another day."

Haru felt very close to this young uncle who resembled Lisa. His chubby little hands wanted to imitate Lisa's gesture of patting his head to comfort Beomgyu.

However, he wasn't tall enough and couldn't reach Beomgyu's head no matter how hard he tried. Having never interacted with such a young child before, Beomgyu had no idea what he was up to.

Knowing what the little dumpling wanted to do, Lisa walked up and picked up Haru. Haru then reached out and patted Beomgyu's pink hair.

"Good luck, Uncle."

Beomgyu had been brought back to the Xia family when he was young and his status had been in an awkward state. Madam Xia and Lisa did not like him. It was already good enough that his father remembered that he had a son. No one had ever approached him like this.

Sensing Lisa's smiling gaze, Beomgyu shrunk his head in embarrassment. His pink hair could not hide the redness that was gradually staining his ears.

Beomgyu watched Lisa and Haru leave. Although he couldn't bear to part with them, he tried to put on a front. "Hmph, I wonder what this woman is up to again."

==========

After Lalisa went home, she took a comfortable bath and blow-dried her hair. Just after she had finished her skincare routine and sat on the sofa, Haru held his phone and ran towards her with his short legs.

"Mommy, this is for you." Haru handed the phone to Lisa, then obediently hugged her arm and sat beside her.

The next day was the weekend. It was time to bring Haru back to the old residence to visit Old Master Jun. Worried that Haru would not cooperate because of Lalisa, Jungkook had called Haru after work.

Who would have thought that Haru would want Lisa to go with him?

Lalisa was afraid of Old Master Jun. It would be strange if she would agree to go. Jungkook found an excuse, but Haru insisted that Lisa go with him.

Before Jungkook's expression darkened, the person on the phone screen switched.

Jungkook looked at the screen and let out an unconscious gasp.

Lalisa, who had just finished showering and taking care of her skin, had exquisite skin that was flawless and supple. Her entire body was a light shade of pink and without makeup, her rosy lips looked even more alluring.

The house was warm, so Lalisa wore a silk dress. Her long black hair made her collarbone seem like jade, so fair that it was blinding.

Lalisa saw that many modern women wore sleeveless dresses like this outside, so she slowly accepted it. Hence, at this moment, she did not feel anything unusual as an ancient person from a thousand years ago.