Pain

James

I left her alone with that horny mutt. Why would Hades pick my mate? Is she really my bookkeeper's kidnapped daughter or not? She looks like her mother, but I don't want to give her false hope, either. After I had returned 17 years ago, I asked if she wanted to become my bookkeeper to keep her busy until she found a trail leading to her daughter, but of course, nothing showed up. I missed the plane, so I just teleported instead and that took a fucking toll on me. I haven't eaten in a good while and that teleporting sucks my energy.

''Welcome back, James. How was your trip to Spain?''

''Eventful, I found my mate, but it's complicated.''

''I'm happy for you James I am sure she is lovely.''

''We need to talk about something important.''

Before I could even say another word, I got this bone crushing pain over and over. I fell to my knees screaming and my chest feels like it's on fire! I keep trying to pull my chest skin off so this pain would stop, but it gets worse by each second. My monster is furious and is trying to break loose.

''James!''

I start to shift into my monster form and let me tell you I am one ugly looking fucker. I look like I belong in the depths of hell as one of Lilith's children. My wings are forcing them self out of my back for the second time today and the pain is so horrible since I have not used them in a very long time. The blood is dripping down my back on to the floor. I can see my reflection in the blood. I think about Elena and what she would think about me like this?

What is going on with me? This pain won't go away. I am almost done shifting, but it's been so long since my body has been in this form. I am better than this. What could be causing for this to happen?

″Brother, you are shaking the entire castle. What the hell is wrong with you.''

Callie sees me on my knees and her eyes go wide. She runs up to me and puts a hand on my back, but I just slap her hand away. She throws daggers at me and stands up.

″What is wrong, James?''

I feel like my heart is continuously being stabbed and almost feels it's about to be ripped out.

She looks at me, trying to figure out what it could be. She closes her eyes and when she opens them, her eyes are red and I'm guessing she has talked to my vampire side.

″You meet your mate, didn't you, James?''

''Yes, when I went to visit eric this morning, why?

''I hate to tell you this, but she's fucking someone right now.''

I roar and slam my fist down onto the wood floor and watched a long crack run until it meets the baseboard, and the crack goes into the wall, causing it to split in half. ''I am going to kill fucking Eric with my bare fucking hands!''

″What? You did not bring her home? What does eric have anything to do with this?''

''Elena is human, and it's complicated. His wolf, Hades, wants her as his chosen mate. He said he would take care of her, not fuck her!''

″What's your plan? Now kill him and start another war.''

The pain is finally gone. He must have not marked her, I hope. I wonder if Hade's took control. Why were they alone together? Did she start it first? I should have just stayed and made sure she was safe around him.

''No, our friendship and treaty are no longer valid. He fucked my mate and your queen. Things are about to change!''

Eric