Playing with fire

Elena 

The audacity of that handsome, good-looking man. Who the fuck does he think he is ordering me around? Years have gone by, and not once has he called to see how I have been. He thinks I will just stand by and kiss his ass?! Yeah right, he can kiss my ass.

Maybe he will have an answer on who has been watching me? Fine, he wants me to be his date. I will show him what he has been missing out on.

I hop off the bed and walk over to my desk and see the dresses he sent me to choose from. There is a black and red dress that catches my eye, a see-through lace on the chest and black flowy lower half. My cleavage is going to look great in this dress and, of course, he picked something like this pervert.

I put the dress aside and before I could look at the shoes, my phone goes off. I rush over to my bed, and I did not recognize the number, but of course my dumbass answers the phone.

″Hello Elena, oh how I have missed you.''

His voice sent a shiver down my spine, after all these years the sound of his voice still makes me want to, summit to him. That won't happen again. He will not break me. I won't let him.

″What the fuck do you want, Eric?″

I heard an unhuman growl coming from his chest. Knew that would piss him off. I wonder how far i can push him?

″Watch your mouth Elena, or should I smack your ass next time you disrespect me?″ I roll my eyes at his tempt to scare me.

″Empty threats. I do as I please.″

I slide my hand over the fabric of the dress that I pick out and I started biting my nail, trying to not think about what that hand could do to me again. Just wait until his jaw's drops when he sees me in this dress. He won't be able to keep his hands to himself. Like I would let him touch me again. I can't wait to tease him.

″I see you received my gifts. I hope you liked at least one dress?″

″Gifts? Like I can keep everything you sent me?″ At least he has decent taste. But when would I even use the other ones he sent?

″Yes, they belong to you, my little minx.″ Why the pet names?

″Are you trying to bribe me with expensive things, Eric? I am not yours, nor do I belong to anyone.″

″We will see about that. See you at 6 sharp don't be late. I will drag you out of that room if I have too, see you tomorrow.″ I doubt that.

Before I could respond, that fucker hang's up on me. Yes, I want him, but I cannot repeat that summer all over again.

Tomorrow shows up too fast and I am a nervous wreck. I need to show him that he can't order me around. Need to keep my horny thoughts to myself and not act on them. I ate my breakfast and trained a little. I told my dad I wanted to throat punch him but all he did was laugh, fucker.

Dad told me just to behave for tonight and don't do something to make us look bad. Eric is his boss, and he doesn't want to feel his wrath. Apparently, he has a bad temper. You don't have to tell me twice. I have seen that side of him before.

Mother helped me get ready, and she did a great job on my makeup. She didn't like my dress choice, but she had to bite her tongue on this one. I could tell she knew what my plan was when I picked this one out. Disappointment came across her face.

I know I was playing with fire, but I be damned if I get burned again. I gave my dress a couple of spins and watched it twirl gracefully around me. Double checking my makeup and make sure the lipstick is red enough to catch any man's attention. I am sure eric would be pissed if any man stares at me like they wanted to fuck me senseless. Pretty sure some guy will lose his eyeballs.

″You are absolutely Beautiful Elena.″

″Thank you, mother so do you. It's almost time, isn't it?″

″Yes, but don't let him run all over you. He can be a jackass. Can I be honest with you, honey?″

I just nod my head. I wonder what she has to say.

″I know he loves you, but he could not show you. That man seems hard to love, but it seems like you fell in love easily with a hot-headed Alpha male, my dear.″

″He if does. He has a hard time showing it mother. I never said I loved him?'' A knowing look ran across her face. I hate when she does that.

″You don't have to, it is all over your face.″ Why hasn't anyone said anything to me be about it? Is that why no guy has asked me? Do I look like I am still in love with Eric? I didn't realize it was that obvious. I need to up my poker face if it's that obvious.

''Okay, sure.'' If he missed me or loved me, he would had came to see me or even called me to see how I am doing. What man that loves a woman stays away from her?

Before she could say another word, the doorbell ranged. He's here and I have tingles running down my arms. I don't know if I can handle seeing him. My hands start to tremble out of nervousness and they start to get a little sweaty.

I walk down the stairs and stop halfway when I see him. I stop breathing for a minute. How can someone get even hotter? This man could have any women he wants but chose me instead. What is so special about me? He has a beard that has grown out, his hair looks messy, but it looks so dashing on him. He looks up and our eyes meet, and I swear time had stopped for a few minutes. His eyes go up and down and he starts to lick his lips. I hear him growl with approval. Is that just lust showing in his eyes, or is it something more? His eyes have changed color once again to almost black.

But what I notice are the bags under his eyes. Seems like someone isn't getting enough sleep and I wonder why.

I shake out of this moment with him and keep a straight face. I walk down the rest of the stairs and walk right by him without another glance, and I am sure he did not like that. I walked out the door into the sultry summer air. Lord, please help me get through this tonight. I hope I stay by my word and try not to eye fuck him all night long.

I can't go back on my word. Under no circumstances am I fucking him tonight or in the future. My heart cannot take another rejection from him.