Chapter 1

I looked up and down in the mirror. My hair was in tangles, faint drool stains still stuck to my face. My pajamas were disheveled and my eyes were crusted. It was 6:30 on a Monday morning. It was the first day of my junior year and I had to look perfect, like always. It took a lot of work in the morning, school didn't start until 8:30 but it takes an hour and a half to fix my appearance and about 15 minutes to drive there, and of course I need my 15 minute catch up time. Lets get started with my very limited breakfast. A bagel. I quietly walked down the stairs, not wanting to wake up my sister and my mom. My father should already be at work. I quickly prepare my breakfast. I thought about what I should wear. It had to be perfectly fabulous!

---------------------

I walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. I once again looked at my self in the mirror. My eyes were perfectly catty with a defined cat eye My lips were plump with a light pink gloss on it. My baby faced cheeks were a nice light pink color. My brown-blonde hair was straightened and trimmed to perfection. I looked down at my fabulous outfit. I was wearing a short white skirt, with a cropped light pink off the shoulder top, and white pumps, accessorized nicely with a light pink bow on the strap of the shoe. I grabbed my purse and ran out the door.

---------------------

I arrived at Freedom High School, Home of the Patriots. I parked my pink Mini Cooper in the junior parking lot. I stepped out and walked to the quad, where all the students gathered. I immediately noticed my 3 best friends waving at me. Summer, Kailah, and Lina. Summer has green eyes, with dark brown hair, and freckles. She can be rude at times, that's why we say she has no filter. Kailah has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She can be inappropriate at times but she is needed during emotional times. Lastly, Lina has blue eyes and short blonde hair. She can be grumpy, but is very funny.

"Hey Paris," they all say.

"Hey guys," I reply. They were smiling at me with devilish grins.

"What is it?" I ask nervously. They look at each other still smiling. Now I was scared.
"Paris, look behind you," Summer tells me. I look behind me. I was confused, it was the jock boys. I remember going to middle school with most of them. I look at my friends, who were still smiling, confused.

"It's just the jock boys, John, Blake, Toby,Jake, Bryce, Jack, and Carson," I tell them.

"Look again," says Lina. I once again look at the group of boys. I look harder, they looked different. There was one more. I soon realized who the extra individual was. My face starts to burn, and memories started to twirl around in my brain. My face was in shock, I could hear my friends giggling behind me. I look at my friends.

" Aren't you happy, Kobe is back from Michigan," Kailah informs me.