Chapter 22

It was January. Kobe was moving in 5 months. It seemed like a long time, but I really wasn't. I don't know why I try, Kailah was right. I never really thought much about him moving, I try to forget about it. No matter how hard I try, I know it is there. Hiding in the back of my mind. "Kobe is moving and you can do nothing about it." That rings through my mind all day. There are times I do forget about it, but moments like these I let my emotions run wild. Even though I hurt on the inside, on the outside I fake my feelings
with a smile. No one understands what I am feeling. Also, I don't want to have to burden my friends with my stupid problems, they have actual real problems that will affect them in the future. While I am worrying about a guy who is moving and he doesn't even notice me. The only person who should pity me, is myself. My friends don't need to worry about me, I'm fine...

----------------------

Drama was my favorite period out of the whole day! Everything was just so lively, all the 8th graders were in that class, so that mean't Kobe was in it, and I enjoyed singing the songs. We really haven't made much progress, in fact we just got our scripts this week. Our drama production is a little bit different than other ones. Ours is like a musical. Everyone participates in every song. There are solos that you have to try out for. The whole group sings different songs with different choreography. In between every couple of songs, there is a scene, but that is all the speaking and actual storyline progression our production will have. It sounds dumb, but this kind of production allows the whole 8th grade to participate. Also we have to perform for the whole school, and this way it would be much easier for younger kids to enjoy. One thing about Rio Grande that is odd is that our elementary school is right next door to the middle school, so Rio Grande is pretty much a K-8th school. We have to perform 4 shows in May. K-2nd attend the first show, 3rd-5th attend the second show, 6th-7th attend the third show, and then at night, the parents come and attend the show. The whole 4 shows aspect really helps for people who try out for solos or speaking parts. That means we can have 4 different people for one solo. It's a weird system, but it works. Drama has helped with my Kobe situation. It helps keep my mind off of him. Which is a good thing because I will do anything I can to forget about Kobe moving. Better than that, I would do anything to keep Kobe from moving.

---------------------

"It is freezing!" Complains Lina.

"Get a jacket," snaps Kailah. Lina gives her a dirty look. It might not snow where I live, but it did get cold.

"Paris!," Exclaims Summer.

"What?" I ask.

"You don't think Carson spilled the secret?"

"I really hope not....."

During December, Carson sat at our lunch table for who knows why. One day he said something weird about Kobe. He basically said that I liked Kobe, but not that direct. My friend and I were all weirded out. So the next day, when Carson sat next to us, I asked him how he knew I liked Kobe, he had no idea what I was talking about. He acted surprised when I asked him. I begged him not to tell, he told me he wouldn't but,I don't trust Carson. First off I don't know him, Carson transferred to this school at the beginning of the year, so I have no background of him. Second he is best friends with all of the jock guys.

"He probably has told already," I tell Summer.

"Yeah, he can't be trusted."

------------------

I went to the mall that afternoon with Kailah. I don't know why, but we both have money to spend and who doesn't love shopping? We hit as many shops as we could, and bought as much as we could. Shopping really took my mind off of Kobe and my worries of Carson spilling my secret. Once everyone found out about me liking Kobe I know I will never hear the end of it. 2 years later, and I still hear about Toby. Its like, get over it people! It happened a long time ago. One thing that never made since is why do the guys have to make fun of me for liking someone. It isn't a crime. Would they like it if I made fun of them for liking someone. No, they wouldn't. Just one more thing about today's generation that doesn't make since. Anyway Kailah and I fit in a very successful shopping trip in one afternoon. We still had money left over and we decided to spend the rest at Forever 21, one of my favorite shops.