Chapter 23

"You will love me again." Saman- err Aimee has reached a new form of creepy. I remember her being really creepy in 8th grade, but this was....creepier. Why can't she let him go? I let him go. He doesn't like her, and he never will. Someone needs to warn Kobe, but he won't listen to me. I was still at Aimee's mansion, still sleeping over. I seriously needed to get out of here, I was a little scared of what she might do to me in my sleep. I walked outside and headed towards the others in the hot tub.

"That was a long bathroom break," points out Aimee.

"Oh, well I got lost," I lie. Aimee purses her lips together, clearly not buying my white lie. I crawl into the hot tub. I don't like hot tubs much, they make me feel weightless and I don't like that feeling.

"We were talking,"starts Summer," and we were all going to all try and fix your relationship with Kobe."

"Really?" I ask shocked.

"Of course," responds Lina," Your relationship with Kobe is really important."

"To be honest," explains Kailah," You were the only person to actually see the good in Kobe, when no one else could. He needs you more than he thinks." When Kailah said that, I saw Aimee flinch. It was probably the best thing I have seen all day.

"Ok, so how are we going to fix it?" I ask curious.

"Well, first you are going to call him, and if he doesn't answer, we are going to drop you off at his house," explains Summer.

"Sounds good," I reply.

I dial Kobe's number, very slowly. My phone rings a couple times and then he answers.

"Kobe?" I ask. No one responds.

"Hello?" I ask. He hangs up. I end the call and look down, a frown appears on my face.

"What?" asks Lina comfused.

"He hung up on me," I reply trying to hold back the tears. A slight smile appears across Aimee's face.

"Well you know what that means!" Announces Kailah.

"No," I reply.

"What?" Everyone asks shocked.

"No, I'm not going to his house, he just needs time," I explain," Kobe was hurt, and the only thing that heals hurt is time."

"We understand," sympathizes Lina.

"Paris, you are doing the right thing. Leaving him alone is perfect, but it might take awhile," Aimee inputs. I saw a little smirk behind her sympathizing smile.

I left the little sleepover. I couldn't stand another second with Aimee. I just told my friends that I didn't feel well and I needed to be left alone, surprisingly they believed me.

----------------------

I waited at the diner for the guys. I was going to tell them the real reason Kobe is mad at me, so maybe they can talk to him and make him understand what happened. The boys all arrived at the same time.

"What did you need to tell us?" Asks John.

"The real reason Kobe is mad at me," I reply. They look at each other with confused looks and sit down.

"Ok well here is what happened...."I start. I tell the boys the real story of Aimee locking me in and the air vent and the hurtful text.

"Did you try to talk to Kobe?" Asks Jake.

"I tried, but he won't even look at me."

"Well....thats going to change," Toby says," We are going to tell Kobe what happened, because it isn't fair, it wasn't your fault."