Chapter 14

Previously:
Summer, Lina and I all went to Talladega Frights. The dance was on Wednesday and it was lame! Now it is Halloween and Lina and I are going together.

Now:

I get all dressed up in my really cute gypsy costume. I wait for Lina so we can drive over to the neighborhood we were going to Trick or Treat at.

Ding! Dong!

I open for front door to see Lina dressed up in a 80s costume.

"You could have worn that for Decade Day," I tell her. She shrugs.

"Nice costume," she compliments me.

"Thanks," I reply.

--------------------

We arrive at the neighborhood at 8:00 o'clock sharp. My mom, my grandmother, and my mom's friend were all coming with us. My older sister was at dance, and my younger sister was with her friend. I start walking down the sidewalk, stopping at mostly every house to get candy. For most people they just like the candy, but I enjoy walking around in a costume and seeing all the other trick or treaters. Most people my age think it is lame to trick or treat, but I still did it anyway.

"Hey mom!" I call.

"Yes?" She replies.

"Can we go to that really creepy neighborhood, this one is boring." She looks at the other adults for an answer.

"Sure.....I guess we can go..."

We walk the neighborhood I was talking about. Only a couple people were trick or treating on this street and the houses had really creepy and morbid decorations. Despite the gory decor, lack of people, and flickering street lamps, I liked this neighborhood because everyone was dressed up and very good at acting. The neighborhood really gave off the creepy feel of Halloween. All the house were very old and Victorian giving it the perfect Halloween touch. Also because no one comes down this street they give giant candy bars to the few kids who do come by.

"Well, this is a very creepy neighborhood....." Lina states.

"Yep, that's why I like it," I reply.

We walk down the sidewalk and visit each and every one of the houses because I like how the people who lived here would act like who they were dressed up as, it really made each house special. I ding dong on the door to a house with a bunch of werid decorations. The whole exterior was adorned with decapitated heads. On the front lawn were some stakes that had heads pierced through them. The door opened. The "Queen of Hearts" stood in the doorway.

"Take some candy or......OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"screeched the queen. Lina and I giggle and take some candy. The queen closes the door and we walk to the next house.

The next house had no decorations except for awfully real looking blood stains on the walls. Lina rings the door bell. I hear a low rumbling sound coming from the inside. I think about walking away. The door bursts open and a masked man comes out with a chainsaw. Lina and I run away screaming.

"Why are there so many chainsaws?!"screams Lina. I look behind me to the man walk back in his house, waiting for his next victim.

We through all the houses on the street except for one. The last house had werid smelling fog seeping through all the openings. I ring the door bell and hear a cackling laugh coming from the inside. A green witch opens the door with a cauldron of candy. As the door opens fog comes out.

"Well look what we have here....a couple of sweet girls," cackles the witch. We hold out our bags waiting for the candy. The witch delivers.

"Thank you," Lina and I tell the witch. We start to walk away.