Chapter 25

"Paris!" Kailah exclaims. I awake from my daze.

"What?" I ask.

"You have been acting weird these past weeks," Kailah says," and we have had enough of it, what is going on."

"N-nothing," I stutter.

"Something is going on, it started after you and Kobe made up," Lina points out.

"You aren't.....dating?" Aimee asks suspiciously.

"Of course not, I would tell you guys."

"Wait a second, I have seen that look," Summer says.

"What look?"

"When you were staring, you would always stare at Kobe like that, in 8th grade." I stay silent.

"You like Kobe!" realizes Kailah.

"I have always liked Kobe, why do you think I said yes to the date?"

"No, you like, like him," Lina says.

"I have since he came back," I reply.

"This is different Paris, you said this in 8th grade," explains Summer," You said that you don't believe in being in love in 8th grade, but you also said you liked Kobe so much, it was almost love."

"Maybe....." I reply guiltily.

"What does that even mean?" snarks Aimee," Almost love him? You either love him our you don't."

"It means that I don't love him, but I like him so much it is close to love," I explain. Aimee rolls her eyes.

Later that day.

"It is almost Valentine's Day, I think we should do something special," Kobe tells me.

"That would be great, we never got to go on our first date in December, but we can't tell Aimee," I tell him.

"Why are you keeping our relationship a secret?"

"Umm first we aren't in a relationship, and second I don't want Aimee, or anyone to find out because then Aimee will come after me and do who knows what."

"Ok, you are right, about both things, but that first thing I think I should change." Kobe winks at me. I giggle unattractively. Kobe walks away, but looks back and winks at me again. I swoon and melt on to the table. Kobe really knew how to make me feel special. I didn't want to tell any of my friends about Kobe and I because they might spill to Aimee, and I don't want her to find out. She kind of scares me, and I want to try to keep my distance. Kobe and I have a very complicated relationship, we aren't dating, but we are more than friends. We haven't kissed yet, I want to save that for a very special moment. I already have had my first kiss. I have only dated two guys, we are very good friends now. I dated Toby and John last year. We broke up, it was me. I'm not good with realtionships. I just had a feeling they both weren't "the one." It is a werid reason to break up with someone, but I'm werid like that. I also didn't want our friendship to be ruined, so I broke up with them before something really bad happened.

--------------------

"Have anything planned for Valentine's Day?" I ask Summer.

"No," she replies," What about you?"

"No," I lie.

"You should ask Kobe out!" Lina blurts. I could feel Aimee giving me a death stare, waiting for me to answer.

"Mmm, I don't think he will say yes, he might not trust me after what happened with the last date," I reply. Aimee's stare relaxes.

"But it wasn't your fault," replies Summer.