Chapter 27

His face was perfect. His jawline could cut steel. His eyes resembled the ocean. His lips were sweet like honey. Why was he so perfect? I like him so much, that it might be love. Kobe and I have been secretly dating for a month now. We usually had secret dates outside of town, or we would steal kisses throughout the day while no one was looking. I didn't like keeping the relationship a secret, but to be honest I was a little afraid of Aimee. I don't know what she would do to me if she found out about our secret relationship. She interrogated me about Valentine's Day, when she found Kobe's car outside the restaurant. I told her I was hanging out with Toby, John, Bryce, Carson, Jake, Jack, and Blake. They were the perfect alibi, since they are on my side. They did support my story, but they had their own interrogating after Aimee. They wanted to know where I actually was. I lied to them and told them I was at home, and that Aimee wouldn't believe me if I told her I was at home. They all believed me, except Toby seemed suspicious. I need to watch out for him. To be honest, life was great, and my 17th birthday was coming soon. It had to be perfect. My Sweet 16th Birthday was perfect, but I want to top it this year. I wanted to book Club Teen. Remember the club Kobe and I visited during our first date, and when we had our first kiss. Well, I can book it for my party and the club will cater. It is a little pricey, but my family doesn't have money problems, so it should be ok.

----------------------

"Of course not, Paris!" My mom exclaims," You can't have your party at Club Teen!"

"Why not mom," I complain.

"Because, you just had a big party last year, and don't you want a big 18th birthday party too?"

"Well yeah, but I want a big party this year too!"

"No! It is too expensive!" My mom states loudly," Look honey, we can have a party, but it can't be big like you want."

"How big can it be?"

"Well......Look don't tell your sister, but lately we have been have......money issues.."my Mom confesses.

"What?" I ask surprised," Is Dad's business failing?"

"No, it is doing fine, but lately we have been spending a lot."

"Like what?" I ask cluelessly.

"Well Christmas is always expensive, your sisters college, we are saving for your college, daily expenses, and well your car we bought you last year."

"My car! You bought that for my last birthday, how is that affecting us now?"

"Umm, well a Mini Cooper isn't cheap."

"Why did you get it for me then? I would have settled for something cheaper."

"But, you really wanted it, and we were doing fine a year ago,"my mom states," This money thing, is pretty recent."

"Mom, I don't need a birthday party this year. My friends and I can all just go out somewhere."

"Are you sure you are ok with that?"

"Of course, I'm only turning 17, it isn't that important," I tell my mom," But I better get a pretty giant and fabulous party next year."

"Of course." My mom gives me a kiss on the cheek, and I head to my bedroom. Well that didn't go as expected. I can't believe we are having money problems, we have never had to worry about money. Well, as long as dad is doing fine with his business, there isn't much to worry about. But how am I supposed to do my shopping? Should I get a job? No, I'm not getting a job, that is just preposterous! I just need to worry about right now. My birthday! Some people don't like making a huge deal about their birthday, but I'm sure you discovered that I'm not like most people. A birthday is a celebration that says "You lived a whole year, without dying." And if that isn't a big deal, I don't know what is. Your birthday, is a challenge to keep living and keep going, so you can make it to your next one. You never know when your last birthday is, so live each one to the fullest. That is your daily words of wisdom from Paris.