Chapter 15

Homecoming was in 2 days, and I was balancing cheer practice, dress shopping, homecoming queen campaigns, and waiting for Kobe to ask me. Also I have a very cut throat mean girl coming after me because she likes a guy that likes me more. Sometimes it is hard to be me.

---------------------

"Do you like this one?" Asks Summer. We were dress shopping and not having much luck. Freedom's Homecoming is much later than any other high school's, so by the time we go shopping most of the good dresses are already gone. Also I had to look extra fabulous because I'm going to be queen, and Kobe was going to be my king. This is my first year able to run for queen, and I was going to win. I didn't have any enemies, except for Aimee, so everyone should vote for me. Speaking of Aimee, she was also running, which was a problem. Carson was her date. I have to watch out for him now. Carson would do anything for Aimee and that includes sleezy tricks to pull on yours truly.

"Well do you like it or not?" Asks Summer. I shake my head.

"We are having no luck....." I tell her. Lina and Kailah already found their dresses and were helping Summer and I. Aimee had to cancel because she was doing some prepping for who knows what.

"Summer!" Exclaims Kailah," How about this one?" Summer took one look at the dress and her jaw dropped.

"It's perfect!" She squeaks as she runs into the fitting room.

"Are you having any luck, Paris," Lina asks. I shake my head.

"What look are you going for?" Kailah asks.

"Something that screams "Queen"," I tell her.

"So like a princess gown?" Lina asks.

"Yeah, I want to show my inner princess."

"You should have said that, now we know what we are looking for," Kaliah tells me. Lina and Kailah search for my dream dress and Summer walks out of the fitting room. She wore a slim fitting gown, that flared out at the bottom. It was a too loose to be a mermaid dress but too tight to be a princess gown, so in between. It was a light lilac color, with long , white lacey sleeves and white lace accents placed on the dress.

"This is the dress!" squeaks Summer. We both stand up and scream like a bunch of fangirls.

"Have you found your dress?" Asks Summer.

"No I-"

"Yes you have," interrupts Lina and Kailah. They hand me a light pink ball gown. It was very sparkly, had a sweetheart neckline, and a large silver bow that tied around the waist.

"You are going to be the most fabulous princess-er, Queen at the dance," Lina says. I run into the fitting room and try on the dress. It was perfect.

"Now that we have our dresses, now we need accessories!!" I exclaim. We purchased our dresses, which had a discount, and went to the shoe shop. Lina's dress was short and dark blue. It had lace on the skirt and cutouts on the side. Kailah had a long red dress, that had a slit in the front. It was sleeveless and had a open back. We found perfect matching shoes and jewelry almost instantly. Homecoming was going to be perfect and no one, not even Aimee was going to ruin it.

-------------------

"Just ask him," Summer says.

"Yeah, we all have dates, except you," Lina states. My friends were making me ask Kobe to the dance. Lina, Kailah, and Summer were all going to the dance with the same people they went with for the Halloween party. Summer with Jack, Lina with Toby, and Kailah with Bryce. I walk up to Kobe who was at his locker.