Chapter 38

I wake up in a dinky old cement room. I was tied to a chair, and my mouth was covered in duct tape. In front of me was a young girl. Her face was disfigured, and scars covered her body. I am pretty sure it was Samantha, but what happened to her face? It has been exactly one month since I have seen her. How much has she changed in one month?

"Oh Paris you are awake," The disfigured girl says. I start to wiggle around in my seat, trying to make a sound. Samantha throws her head back and cackles.

"That won't work. No one can hear you, they are too busy having fun at prom, while you are down here in the boiler room." Samantha leans closer and rips the duct tape off of my mouth. I wince in pain.

"Why are you doing this? How are you alive?" I asks.

"Actually I don't know how I survived, all I know was when you hit me with a van is that I had to come back for revenge. I must have hit a couple rocks because the next time I checked my face in a mirror, I looked like this," she explains," And I am doing this to you because you stole Kobe from me and you hit me with a van, almost killing me."

"Actually Toby hit you with a van, I tried to stop him, but he had this determination to kill you....Do you know why?"

"Of course not! All I did to him was kill his older sister." I give her a sarcastic stare.

"What!"she exclaims confused.

"You killed his sister! Why?"

"Well, his sister lived in Michigan, and I think she liked Kobe."

"So you murder her!"

"Well duh."

"Why?"

"Because I was afraid she would steal Kobe away from me."

"Kobe isn't your property, and if you two were dating I doubt Kobe would cheat on you."

"Better to be safe than sorry."

"What!"I exclaim," You took an innocent person's life! In fact you have taken so many innocent lives!"

"So....."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just want to protect my man from horrible women."

"Why are you actually killing these girls?"

"I told you, but don't worry...I only have one more victim on my list." I gulp.

"Who?"

"You..." Samantha flashes me a smile.

"You don't want to kill me."

"Why? You are the only one standing in the way of my happiness."

"If you kill me, Kobe will never love you. In fact, even if you don't kill me he still won't love you. You have killed so many people that he could never look you in the eye."

"Take that back! We are meant for each other!"

"Samantha, you can stop this. If you let me go, I won't say a thing to anyone and I will help you flee the country."

"Can Kobe come?" I shake my head.

"Well then that isn't worth it," She replies. Samantha pulls out a knife from her pocket.

"Wait! I need more answers!" I exclaim.

"What do you want to here?" Samantha replies unenthuastically.

"Who is the witch?"

"My grandmother, she really knows her stuff."

"So your grandma is also crazy?"