Chapter 6

"Vote Rain for president!"

"Vote Kobe for Rio Grande's next president!"

Everyone was starting to campaign. It was Wednesday and elections were in 2 days.

"Hey Paris! Come here!" It was Carla. I don't know what she wants but it is probably something not worth my time.

"Hey Paris, vote for me for Secretary!" I rolled my eyes at her request.

"Don't worry Carla I was already planning to vote for you."

"Ok good." She skips off to her friends. Speaking of friends where are mine? Recess was almost over and soon it was going to be 3rd period. I hate 3rd period. I have science but I don't hate science, I hate the teacher, Mrs. Pink. She is an Avid teacher so she teaches her class like it is Avid. I remember specifically not signing up for Avid. Avid is a class for students who need help getting organized and need help with homework problems. By that I mean they use different stupid methods to figure out how to do a certain problems by thinking through it. This class is for B and C students, so I'm a little too high up for it, but in 7th grade I considered signing up for it, because all my friends were in it, but then my mom told me not to. It was a good thing to, because my friends hated Avid, but they couldn't get out of that class because it was a whole year thing.

------------------------

Lunch began after 3rd period and 4th period, which was P.E. During 4th period we swam. It was still hot enough to swim during P.E, so that's what we did. One thing about our school being special is that we have a swimming pool and no other school does. I personally enjoy swimming because we can basically do whatever we want and boys and girls swim together, so that means Kobe is shirtless. Let me just say he has got some abs! I quickly walked to the swimming pool's locker room where Summer should be saving me the biggest stall in the locker room. One thing I hate about swimming is that there are no doors to the stalls, and when you are swimming you get complely naked for your swimsuit. It can be embrassing, so what we do is get the biggest stall which is like two stalls because it also has a shower in it and I go in there and change and Summer changes in the corner of the stall with a towel covering her. I don't know why but Kailah and Lina don't like changing with us, so they go to a different, much smaller stall. I walk in the stall to see Summer already changing but she is covered with a towel.

Once we are done changing we head out to the pool and sit by the side. We can't get in until our P.E teacher, Mrs. Web, tells us too. Summer and I were the first out except for all of the boys, they change quickly. Mrs. Webb comes out of the office and allows us to go in. We have to walk 2 laps in the shallow end before we can free swim. I walk my laps and immediately dive to the deep end. I go under water and my hair gets wet. Summer is behind me but she didn't go under. Her and many other girls don't like to get their hair wet, so all the boys spend their time by splashing them. I laugh and I usually splash them too.

About 15 minutes later, there are about 30 girls sitting on the end of the pool, too scared to go in because the boys might splash them and they don't want to get their hair wet. I swim over to Summer who is one of the sissy girls.

"Paris, please don't splash us!" Pleads Summer. I give her a devilish grin. and start splashing them. It was funny, they all started screaming and try to move away from the splash. While I was splashing a couple of the boys noticed me and joined in splashing the girls. You might call me a traitor but my gender can be annoying at times. Summer might yell at me later but I will just tell her Kobe was one of the boys who joined in and he was so close I could feel the muscles in his biceps flexing, but of course I can't tell her that because then she will know my secret and blab to Carla or somebody.