Chapter 5

I put my gym bag in the locker room, then I walked out and joined the other cheerleaders. Summer and I were on the cheer squad for Freedom. Now that Kobe is back I have someone really to cheer for. I wore a red tank top that displayed the logo of our school, navy blue cotton shorts, Nike tennis shoes, and a high ponytail with a big bow. When I walked out to the field I noticed the football players practicing. Kobe was with them and he looked hot. I joined the other cheerleaders in stretching. I sat down next to Summer. She was also looking at the football players, and I knew exactly who she was looking at. Jack and Blake. You already know the deal with Jack but Blake and Summer have a very complicated relationship. Summer started liking Blake in 5th grade. He found out and avoided her, much like any guy at that age. The thing was his friends made fun of her much more than they made fun of me for liking Kobe. It was sad. Time and time again I would ask John to tell his friends to stop making fun of Summer, but he never did. This started in 5th grade and even when Summer stopped liking him for like 6 months, they would still pester her about it. Even now they still bring it up, but we are all friends so they don't do it much anymore. I never knew what Summer saw in Blake, he had brown hair, he was kind of fat, but not too fat. Blake was athletic, but I didn't find him that cute.

"Summer, stop staring," I tell her,"It's getting werid."

"Sorry, but both of them are just so hot," she swoons. I roll my eyes and continue to stretch. Today in cheer we were going to review our cheers, then we were going to go to tryouts to check out the newbies and find out who is captain this year. I was hoping I would get to be captian, but I'm not the oldest, so most likely I will not. We review the cheers extremely easily. I mean seriously we do these cheers every single game. After about 30 minutes of useless practice we head into the gym to see a couple handfuls of mostly freshmen and a couple older kids who wanted to tryout this year. They were all stretching and practicing their cheers that they were going to perform for us. You're probably wondering why Summer, a couple of the other cheerleaders, and I don't have to tryout. It's because we are on the varsity squad and they expect us to be good so there really is no need to tryout. Summer and I made it on varsity squad last year. We were good, but the reason we made it on varsity squad is because we were both devoted and we always chanted our cheers the loudest and smiled. Our moves were always on time and precise. Most of all we didn't cause drama with the other cheerleaders and we were good sports. That's what our cheer coach valued most, a good heart. She believed that cheerleaders were there to encourage our team to help them, nothing else. She didn't think it mattered that I wasn't as flexible as some of the other cheerleaders, but that I try my best and perform with all my heart. The cheer coach was kind of cheesy, but she really knows how to make someone feel special. Anyway, the varsity squad sat at a table where we will judge the people trying out. But before that, we would get to find out who is captain.

"Alright ladies, before we get started on tryouts, I would be honored to announce our new cheer captain. Since our last captain moved on to larger fields, It is my job to choose someone to carry on the job for as long as she is a Patriot," announces the cheer coach smiling from ear to ear," Alright, this time I couldn't choose just one captain, I had to go with 2 of my most hard working cheerleaders to take on the job. Ok first I would like to say that these two ladies have been devoted to this sport since their freshmen year. They might be young, but I want all of you to give them your respect. Ladies I would like to give Paris Winston and Summer Hastings the title of co-captians!" The gym roared with applause as Summer and I looked each other with shocked looks. We slowly walked up to our coach. She smiled at us giving both of us a special cheer jacket that had our new titles and last names written on it. I started to smile, this was an honor. I looked at Summer who was doing the same thing as me.

"Alright ladies shall we get these tryouts started!" Yelled the coach. Summer and I took our seats in the middle of the table. The tryouts were interesting, I think we had ourselves a good group this year. However this one girl caught my eye as she walked to the middle of the gym. She was probably the second most fake thing I have ever seen since the Barbie doll. She had thick plump lips, obviously she had injections. Her eyes were shining and a beautiful blue. Her skin was perfection, but only because she had so much makeup on. Her hair was curly and a strawberry blonde. She reminded me of Kailah, but Kailah isn't even that self conscious about herself that she puts on that much makeup. This girl had a body that any boy would love for their girls to have. She had a huge FAKE butt, huge FAKE boobs, and curvy hips. She was skinny, but not anorexic. She probably had liposuction....maybe.

"Hi, I'm Aimee Hart, junior," announced her Royal Fakeness. I rolled my eyes at her way too sweet of a voice. I have watched enough movies to know that this is a bad girl. Aimee started her cheer, and let me say she has been practicing. She landed her stunts with with so much grace it almost made me hurl. The other cheerleaders were oooooing and awwwing, even some of the varsity cheerleaders.....even the coach was amazed! When Aimee finished she got a standing ovation for her perfect cheer. At the end of the tryouts, everyone cleared out of the gym except for the varsity cheerleaders. We began to vote. I liked everyone we picked to be on the squad below us, but the coach loved Aimee so much that she put her on varsity. I'm sorry but this coach needs to look back at her morals about good sportsmenship and try hard effort. Every single one of the girls on the varsity squad have tried hard to make it on this squad and suddenly this newbie joins instantly just because of a couple well landed stunts. The coach announced who joined the junior varsity squad. When she finished announcing the names the girls who weren't called were tearing up, except for Aimee. She had a confident grin on her face.

"Alright there was one lady who impressed me enough to let her join the varsity squad," announced the coach," and that is Miss Aimee Hart!" Everyone began to applaud as Aimee smiled and walked over to the varsity squad.

"Hey, guys I'm honored to be a part of this squad. I want to thank all of you," she says. Then Aimee looks at Summer and I.

"I also want to congratulate you two, Paris and Summer, for making captains and letting me be on the squad."

"Your very welcome," Summer replies. Aimee looks at me expecting me to reply. Of course I had to say something because then I wouldn't be following the cheerleading code.

"Umm, it was nothing, but if your going to be on the squad make sure you try your very best and always have a good attitude," I tell her. Aimee smiles at me and walks away. She was trouble and I knew she was going to mess up my reputation and my popularity. I know I'm being very sterotypical, but Freedom High is known for its sterotypicalness.

---------------------------

The next day at lunch Aimee joins us at our table. Once again I had to agree to let her sit there. Kailah and Lina look at me weirdly as if they were saying "why is she sitting here." I just shrug and point to Summer who was all over Aimee.

"So, Aimee where did you move away from?"asks Summer very intrigued.

"Oh, well I moved here from L.A," she informs us. Summer and Aimee continue to talk about nonsense while Kailah, Lina, and I sit their confused at Summer's newfound friendship. It wasn't like her to let just anyone join our exclusive clique. Just then the jock boys walk up to our table.

"What are you goons doing over here," asks Kailah.

"Well we just wanted to meet your very attractive friend," replies Carson flirtatiously. I roll my eyes.

"Well are you going to introduce us to your friend?" I sigh and give in to his request.

"Aimee this Carson, Jake, Jack, Blake, John, Bryce, Toby, and... Kobe," I say pointing to each of them," and boys this is Aimee, she moved all the way from L.A, and she is part of varsity cheer so you will see her around a lot." I look at Aimee who was giving Kobe a stare. I knew that stare. That was the stare of a single woman, eyeing her prey. In other words she was checking him out. I look at Kobe who was giving her a very attractive look. Oh no she didn't , I have to stop this instantly. I quickly get up and grab Kobe by the arm.

"I need to talk to you," I say caressing his arm. I drag him out of the cafeteria. Before I left I gazed over at Aimee, who was glaring at me, I smirked at her.This was war, and like always I'm going to win.