Epilouge

My mom dropped me off at Freedom High School. It was the first day of Freshmen year, and I was a little nervous. I was wearing an off white lacey skirt, with a baby pink short tank top. It was tight fighting and had a lacey off white bow on the top. Paired with the skirt and top I was wearing baby pink 5-inch wedges that had a strap in the middle of my foot, on the strap was a bow. I was ready for high school. I walk to the quad and find Summer, Lina, and Kailah. We squeal when we see each other. The first part of the day was nerve wracking. I was in all the smart classes which mean't I was in all the classes Kobe would have been in if he wasn't in Michigan. I thought I was over him, but once I saw all of his friends in class, all my feelings rushed back into my healing heart.

"Hey Paris, do you miss Kobe?" Bryce jokes. I glare at him, I still haven't forgiven him for laughing at me when I cried.

-------------------

I arrived at lunch and sat with all my friends. I saw the table Kobe would have sat at. I notice Lina staring at someone.

"Who are you staring at?" I ask.

"Uhhh...."she looks back at me not answering. Kailah and Summer look in Lina's direction, and they notice who she was looking at.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"You aren't going to like it," Summer tells me.

"I can handle it." I open my water bottle, and pick it up, about to drink it.

"Toby..."Kailah says. Anger rushes to my face, I squish my open water bottle and the water floods out the top.

"Paris....your water.." Lina points out. I throw my now empty water bottle on the ground. Toby gives me an odd look. I glare at his stupid face. How dare he look at me like that?

--------------------

At the end of school I was waiting for my mom to pick me up. I look behind me to see John, Bryce, Carson, Blake, Jake, and Jack walking towards me.

"What do you want?" I ask harshly.

"Umm we wanted to apologize,"John says. I give him a confused look.

"Actually they want to apologize, I have never done anything to you in my entire life," Jack points out. His friends glare at him.

"We realized today, that we just lost our leader, and we do miss him," Jake confesses.

"I miss Kobe too...."I reply.

"So we were thinking that maybe we could all hang out sometime maybe we can help each other," Blake says," We both miss Kobe, maybe we can set our differences aside and become friends." I smile.

"I would like that, how about we all hang out today," I reply. They nod.

"I know exactly where we can hang out," I tell them smirking.

--------------------

I arrive at a 50s themed diner on J street. I walk inside and go to the biggest booth at the end of the diner. Summer, Kailah ,and Lina arrive. They sit next to me.

"So they want to be friends with us?" Lina asks.

"I guess, they thought that maybe we can all help each other get over Kobe," I explain.

"Gees, they sound like a bunch of teenage girls that are in love with Kobe," Kailah replies sarcastiacally.

"Well Kobe was there best friend and their leader, they are lost without him."

"Good job Paris, this will certainly help us become popular!" Summer exclaims. The boys walk into the diner and come to the end of the table.

"This will be our hang out, and this will be our booth," I tell them.

"What if someone takes our booth?" Bryce asks. I smirk and grab a black sharpie from my bag. I write all of our names on the table.

"There, now this is our booth," I announce. We all give each other high fives. Maybe Freshmen year won't be so bad, now that I have new friends that have my back. Little did I know that I would have much more drama than I did last year. Full of new friends, one of them being a stalker who is obsessed with Kobe, a very mean girl who will try everything to knock me down, and an old crush who broke my heart once and will probably break it again. Should I hide in a corner? Probably. But that is not who I am, I am Paris Winston. The future Queen Bee of Freedom High. No one will ruin that chance for me, not even a crazy stalker, a power thirsty mean girl, or my old crush. Welcome to high school.

Learn more in "I Want to Forget"