Chapter 31

Previously:
It was spring break and none of my friends will talk to me because of what happened on my birthday. I found out that my bosses daughter is.....Aimee? I didn't see that one coming. I went to Michigan with Kobe. Carla came along and apparently she hates me? Doesn't matter now, we got it straightened out. Now there is a strange girl hugging my boyfriend. Michigan is much more interesting than I thought.

Now:

I looked back and forth at Carla then at Kobe and the girl hugging him. I kept this up until they stopped hugging. Kobe looks at Carla and I and notices our confused looks.

"Oh guys, this is my friend, Jessica, from my old high school in Michigan," Kobe introduces us. Jessica had a curly long blonde hair, grey eyes, and plump lips. She was beautiful and she was hugging my boyfriend.

"Hi, I'm Jessica."

"I'm Carla, Kobe's family friend." I give Jessica a dirty look.

I'm Paris, Kobe's girlfriend." I put an emphasis on the girl in girlfriend. I could feel a tension between the two of us.

"Well, I'm going to get ready," Carla says breaking the silence. She walks to the room and I follow her, not wanting to be in the presence of Miss Boyfriend Stealer any longer.

"Umm I think Jessica has a crush on Kobe," I state the obvious to Carla.

"Uhh, Paris they just hugged, they are friends."

"Well still, I still think she does."

"She might, but you just need to trust that Kobe won't fall for her."

"I trust Kobe, but he is so oblivious that he probably won't even know what is going on." Carla giggles.

"Ok true, but he knows the boundary and you made it pretty clear that you are a couple."

"Yeah, I hope I did."

--------------------

I sit at the edge of the lake. Kobe invited Carla, Jessica, a couple of his other friends, and myself to his secret lake spot. Him and his guys friends all got on a canoe and drifted on the lake. Carla, Jessica, and I all hung out. I didn't really want to hang out with Jessica, but Kobe insisted.

"So how long have you been dating Kobe?" Jessica asks.

"Oh almost 2 months. We started dating on Valentine's Day," I tell Jessica.

"So it isn't that serious?"

"I don't know." Where were these questions coming from?

"Hey do you guys want to get on a canoe, I see one that hold 3 people," Carla suggests. I shrug. Jessica gets the canoe and slides it halfway into the lake. I get in the front, Jessica gets in the middle, and Carla gets in the back. We push the canoe into the lake and drift off. We row toward the boy's canoe, but we realized Carla and I have never rowed a boat. Jessica was an expert because she hangs out here a lot.

"We have to row on the same side, at the same time," Jessica commands getting ticked off.

"I'm sorry we don't live near any lakes!" Carla exclaims getting annoyed.

"Do you ladies need a man's assistance?" one of Kobe's guy friends laugh. I glare at him.

"Paris you have to row harder!" Jessica demands.

"Paris you have to row harder," I mock in an annoying voice. She gives me a dirty look. I take my paddle and splash her.

"What was that for!" She cries.