Chapter 24

It was finally February! The month of love. To celebrate this holiday, my school was selling candy grams to students. You could buy a lollipop and send it to someone. I bought one for Kobe. Of course I didn't put my name on it, I made the candy gram anonymous. He would never know it was me, well I hope not. Miss B, and Miss Marge were selling them and they both know I like Kobe. I just hope they don't spill about my admiration about Kobe to anyone, that would suck.

I haven't seen Samantha since her breakout in the bathroom a couple weeks ago, frankly I'm ok with that. She was starting to creep me out. I was once again at the mall, but this time I was helping Keeley shop for a Valentine's gift for Ashlynn, her girlfriend.

"What do you think she wants?" Asks Keeley.

"Well, girls like flowers, and chocolates, ooo and girls really like diamonds!" I reply.

"Umm, what can I get with $20?"

"I don't know. You should have thought about how expensive girls are before you went gay."

"It wasn't a choice, trust me, if I could choose to be straight, I would." I never really understood the whole gay thing. If she wants to be straight, then why doesn't she you know, be straight? It is complicated and I don't want to really know. I know I'm straight and that is all I have to worry about, myself.

We walk into a jeweler shop and Keeley walks up to the store clerk.

"Is there anything in here that is $20?" The clerk looks at her funny and starts to laugh.

"Yeah, there is, the light bulbs used to light this place," chuckles the clerk.

"Umm....thanks?" Keeley looks confused.

"Come on, let's go somewhere else," I tell Keeley. We walked out of the store, clerk still laughing.

"I don't know what to get, you said you were good at this stuff," Keeley says.

"I am, but you are the one with the budget problem, not me," I tell her," Why do you want to get her something you can't afford?"

"Well, I want to get her something special, something her past boyfriends never got her. Flowers and chocolates aren't good enough. She is my everything, and she deserves everything."

"Hmmm, well if you want to get her something one of a kind, give her something that comes from the heart."

"Like what?" She asks.

"I don't know. Maybe a song, a poem, something one of a kind."

"Well I can't sing, and I'm not good with poems."

"You're good at poems."

"Really?" Keeley gives me a sarcastic look.

"Yeah, you write rap songs, those are like poems." Keeley thinks for a bit.

"I got it!"

"What?" I ask curious.

"I'm going to write her a rap song, that explains my feelings for her."

".....That's a stupid idea," I tell her.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, but she might not like it, also I still think you should give her diamonds."

"I can't afford diamonds."

"Well, what reminds you of diamonds?" I ask.

"I don't know, shiny things."

"Exactly! Give her something shiny!"

"Like what?" Asks Keeley.

"Like......a star!"