Chapter 3

"Paris....Paris....Paris!" I awoke from my memories, noticing Lina shaking me trying to get my attention.

"Where am I! Did I fall a sleep?" I start to panic.

"You are in 1st period, at Freedom High School, and it is the first day of your junior year. Also no you didn't fall asleep, you just have been dazed since we were in the quad," she tells me.

"Oh yeah I remember." I look around the room and notice Kobe across the classroom. He didn't look much different, he just got taller and more muscular. Lina notices my gaze and follows it. Once she saw who I was looking at, she realizes my problem.

"Talk to him," she says suddenly. I look at her with a look fear.

"I- I can't...."

"Who are you?" She asks smirking.

"Paris...?"

"And what do people think of you?"

"They think of me as a leader, as the most stylish, smartest, and most popular girl of all the juniors." I start to smile.

"Then if that is who you are, then don't let some middle school crush ruin you, you guys are almost adults. Start acting like one and talk to him."

"Ok I will talk to him after 1st. Since when did you get so mature, Lina?"

"Well I hang out with you, and you are pretty mature for your age." I smile and she smiles back.

It was after 1st period and it was time to talk to Kobe. The students leave and all who is left in the class is Kobe, the teacher, and myself. I silently walk towards him.

"Hey," I say quietly. He looks in my direction, but it didn't look like he knew who I was. I give him a tiny smile, but he still looked confused.

"Umm....hey...?" He replies confused. Kobe continues to pack his stuff. Okay this was a mistake. Did he just forget who I was. I back away, turn around, and rush out of the class. Tears started to form around my eyes. Lina was waiting for me outside. She notices my tears. I keep walking.

"Paris! Paris wait!" She calls. It was a mistake to wear heels when a track runner is chasing after you. She gets in front of me and stops me.

"What happened?" She asks concerned.

"He-he didn't know who I was," I sniff. She hugs me.

"Oh it is ok, maybe you look different to him." I look at her hoping that was the case, but I doubt it was.

"I- I have to go to second period..."

-----------------------

It was lunch and I silently sat with my friends. We always sat at the same table. It was considered "our table" which was like the cool table, but only for our group. I silently stir my food around with my utensil. Summer was gossiping as always, Lina and Kailah were listening, and I was just thinking about Kobe. How could you forget someone. I wasn't a big part of his life, but how could you forget someone who liked you, I never could.

"Hey guys," says Summer. I look over to see all the jock boys, John, Bryce, Toby, Jack, Jake, Blake, Carson, and unfortunately Kobe.

"Hey, Kobe," Summer, Lina, and Kailah say together. I roll my eyes.

"Hey Summer," he says looking at Summer,"Hey Lina. Hey Kailah." He looks at me with a confused look, like the one he did in 1st period.

"Hey girl who I met in 1st period." I flinch at his classification of me. My friends giggle, and the boys look at each other oddly. I have had enough of this.