4

The next day

I sat in my bed in the afternoon and waited. I didn't know how or if I was going to tell Loki that my army was coming back for me, and if I did tell him, would he even want to come back with me? I looked over at his cell. He was reading a random book and I smiled. Suddenly a loud red alarm started flashing and I jumped up. Loki scoffed. "Someone is trying to break in."
I nodded and sat back down, trying to stay calm. I watched the door like my life depended on it, and eventually heard thuds from outside. The door swung open, and Sequoia stood in the doorway. She made eye contact with me and opened my door. "Good afternoon, your highness."
I jumped up and hugged her. "Oh my god it's so good to see you."
She smiled. "No time to chit chat. We've gotta get you out of here."
I quickly grabbed my sword and Sequoia grabbed my wrist. She pulled me out of the cell and I quickly looked back. "Wait!"
She stopped. "What?!"
I ran over to Loki's cell and started fiddling with the lock. A few people start coming towards us and Sequoia grabs my arm again. "We have to go (Y/N)!"
"No, no please..."
She pulls me away and I look back at Loki as I run with her. He calls for me but I turn around and me and Sequoia escape. We rest in an abandoned building and I collapse into the side. I nodded. "Thanks..."
Sequoia sits down next to me. "Of course."
We sat there in silence for a minute to catch our breath. I looked at Sequoia. "I want to go back for him."
She looks at me. "For who?"
"The guy that was in the cell next to mine. I need to save him."
"(Y/N), you have to come home!"
"But he's been stuck there for so long! And he's Asgardian! We can take him with us!"
"But what if you get caught again?"
"I won't!"
"We can't go back for the guy you've known for two weeks!"
"And why not!"
"Because I know what's going to happen if we do!"
"What? What's going to happen?"
"You're gonna fall for him! It seems like you already have!"
"And what's wrong with that?"
"When you're in relationships it breaks you! You try to focus on them and being a queen and it's too much!"
"I can handle it!"
"You're just desperate not to be alone anymore!" I freeze up and she sighs. "Ever since your mom died you've been desperate. It kills you every time they leave. I've seen it before and I'm probably going to see it hundreds more times unless I stop you. We aren't going back for him. The country comes first."
I shook my head. "No...no you're wrong. I'm not leaving him behind." I ran out the door and back to the building. I look at the big building in front of me. I can be quiet. I transformed into a mouse and snuck in through a vent. I crawled around and found the cells. I crawled out of the vent and transformed back into a human but failed to realize that Tony was standing in the doorway. Before I could notice he shoved me into a cell and locked the door. I scratched at the door.
"You can't trap me in here again!" I yelled.
Tony sighed. "We got so close to trusting you." He turned around and walked out. I continued scratching and pushing at the door to get out but ended up falling to the ground in front of it.
I heard Loki walk over to the glass that separated us. "What were you doing?" He hissed.
I sighed. "I was trying to get you out! But we almost got caught. Did you notice that I came back?!"
"You left! You got up and left without another word!"
"And what would you have done if you escaped?!"
He got quiet. I huffed and transformed into a cat. I crawled under the bed and didn't leave for the rest of the day.

A few hours later

I heard the door open and looked slightly behind me. Steve walked in and studied my cell. He turned to Loki.
"Where is she?"
"Under the bed. She hasn't moved since you trapped her again."
Steve opened my door and looked under the bed. I hissed at him. He sighed. "Come on (Y/N), we need to talk to you." I hissed again and crawled farther under the bed. He reached for me and I scratched him, causing him to retract his hand. He shook his head. "You can't stay under there forever."
I heard him leave the room and I went back to laying there.

The next morning

I was woken up to the sounds of struggling and peeked out in time to see Tony bring in Sequoia and put her in the cell on the other side of mine. He stopped and looked at my cell.
"(Y/N)?" I hissed and peeked my head out from under the bed. He nodded and started walking away but I walked out and turned back into a human.
"You wait just a minute, Tony." I growled.
He turned around. "What?"
"I need to have a conversation with you."
He crossed his arms. "What is it?"
"Uh huh, so you know the whole thing that went down yesterday and I almost left for good? Well you stuck me back in the same place with..." I gestured to Loki. "The guy that now hates me." I gestured to Sequoia. "And my right hand man, who also now hates me. And let's just set the record straight that everyone in this building probably hates me at this point."
"Your point is?"
I paused for a second. "I don't know, you could have put me somewhere else!"
He shrugged. "Not my problem."
I groaned and turned around quickly, which made my cloak swing around behind me and hit the wall. I sat down on the bed. Tony left and there was silence. I could feel all eyes on me even if I wasn't looking. I opened one eye and Loki quickly looked away. I rolled over so I wasn't facing him. Unfortunately, Sequoia was on the other side.
I sighed quietly. This is not where I wanted to be. I wanted to be home. In my kingdom. They still hadn't taken my sword back and I sat up and took it out. I let it burn and held my hand over it. My fire magic wasn't that strong, and I really only used it on my sword, but it was a reminder of my mom. She was the one that showed me how to control fire. She's probably the only person who wouldn't hate me in this situation.
Steve opened the door and saw me sitting on the bed. He smiled. "Your highness." I gave him a scowl and held up my middle finger. He glared at me. "Well, you haven't changed." He grumped. He walked over to Loki's cell. "Come on Loki. We want to talk to you."
I watched Loki leave and looked over at Sequoia. I swallowed my nerves and spoke up. "How's Blaze?"
She looked up. "He wanted to come with me. I told him to stay because we'd be back soon..."
I laughed. "Yeah...Back soon..."
Me and Sequoia continued talking about life in Betrana and what we were going to do when we got back. I smiled at her. "I'm sorry about going back for him."
She looked at me. "Why'd you go back?'
I thought for a second. "We had a challenge going on when you came to get me. To see who could get out first. It wasn't really ever said, but we knew our dumb plans wouldn't work. And if they did we would bring each other along."
"So you were keeping up your end of the promise?"
I nodded. "Yeah...pretty much."
She smiled. "You're sweet when you're in love~"
I felt my face burn slightly. "I'm not in love."
She giggled. "Yes you are! You've only known him for a few weeks!"
I shrugged. "So what?! He's hot."
Sequoia doubled over laughing at me and I joined in. We sat there just laughing for a little bit. I looked at her. "You...are the worst."
She smirked back at me. "You know you love me..."
I tapped my chin in thought. "Do I know that? Hmm." I smiled at her glare. "Yes. Yes I do."
"You're bi, yet you only ever date men."
"No! I dated a girl that one time."
She glared at me. "That was for two weeks about a year ago."
I shrugged. "Still happened."
I turned to the door and watched it. I could feel Sequoia looking at me. She laughed. "You're waiting for him."
I shook my head. "No I'm not."
I looked over and she smiled. "You're waiting for him!" I laughed and turned back into a cat. She smiled at me. "You can shapeshift, but you can't escape your problems." I meowed at her. She laughed. "I love when you turn into a cat."
I turned back into a human. "I know."
We watched the door together for a little bit, and it was late when we made the conclusion Loki wasn't coming back tonight.