7

The next morning

The bright lights of the cells turned on early that morning. I groaned and looked around. Steve stood outside my door and smiled. "Good morning, Queen (Y/N)."
I shook my head. "It's too early for this."
He walked in and stood over me. "You have something important to do today."
I groaned again and rolled over. "And what would that be?"
He pulled the covers off me. "You have to help us patrol today."
I sat up a little. "Why?"
"Well, we saw you training yesterday, and we're also missing a few people that went on missions. They aren't able to do the weekly patrols, so we need you to help us."
"So..." I yawned. "You want to give me full access to escape...because you're understaffed?"
He shook his head. "You'll be with Thor to prevent anything bad happening, and we still have Sequoia. It's been proven you aren't doing anything without her."
I thought for a second. "Fair point. But Thor?"
"He's the one person we have that is also a god but won't help you run away. Oh, and by the way, Loki is coming with you and Thor too."
I shot up. "What?! Why?!"
He smiled. "For the same reason that you're going with Thor." He turned to leave and motioned for me to follow him. "Come on. We have breakfast ready."
A few hours later me, Thor, and Loki strolled down the quiet back streets of New York. Thor walked in front of us and I walked next to Loki. It was almost completely silent. The small taps of our footsteps were as much as we got. Loki nudged my arm a little. I looked over at him. "Hm?"
He smiled. "It's your first mission."
I scoffed. "I'm still their prisoner." I smirked. "Actually, I'm YOUR prisoner." He laughed and we kept walking. I sighed. "I'm sorry I got so mad earlier this week. I was trying to help you though."
He nodded. "I know. It's alright. I was mad too."
I smiled softly. "So we're cool?"
He smirked. "Yes-" he was cut off by Thor running towards something. I looked at Loki and back at Thor. We both took off running after him. We stopped next to him and I took a quick breath.
"Why are we running...?"
Thor pointed at some man in front of us, who was tearing up a car. I looked at him confused. He turned around and spotted us. His face was covered with a mask. It was red and the part that covered his face was black. He was tall. Unnaturally tall. He held up his hands towards us. Thor quickly jumped out of the way and the man shot red magic towards us. I closed my eyes and felt myself get thrown onto the side. I opened my eyes and came face to face with Loki. He was on top of me and I felt my eyes widen. The blast of red magic flys over him in the air. A little blush stained his face and I felt my face get hot too. He quickly got off me and held out his hand to help me up. I smiled. "Thanks."
He nodded. "Of course darling."
Loki walked away and I stood there in shock for a second. Thor charged towards the man, and I turned into a bird and flew towards him. The man shot more of his red magic around, but it wasn't hitting us. I dove down towards him and turned back into a human. I brought my sword down on him, but he rolled out of the way. Thor came from the other side with his hammer and hit the man into the ground. Loki came up next to him and shot his own magic towards the man. We stopped for a second to breathe, and the guy wasn't moving anymore. Thor walked over slowly and checked his pulse. He nodded. "He's alive, just knocked out."
I smiled and looked at Loki. "We just took out a guy."
He laughed and smiled. "Yes, we did."
Thor got a hold of the rest of the avengers and they helped put the man in a cell. As the great friend I am, I made sure it was nowhere near Sequoia's cell. They locked me back in the cell and I immediately pressed my hands into the wall.
"Sequoia!"
She looked over. "What?"
"He called me darling..."
Her eyes widened slightly. "Why?"
"If I knew, I would tell you."

Later that night

Steve walked after we had eaten dinner. I smiled. "Good evening Steve."
He opened the door to my cell. "Come on. We wanted to talk to you about something."
I stood up and followed him out the door and down into a meeting room. The rest of the avengers were in there already. A few of them smiled at me, but the rest looked like they were about to rip me apart. Steve ushered me into a chair and I looked at him confused. "What are we doing?"
They all stayed quiet and Natasha sighed. "(Y/N)...Thor and Loki told us about how you helped them take down an enemy today, and we talked it over."
There was silence. I laughed nervously. "Um... talked about what...?"
Tony groaned. "You're getting a room. We aren't going to keep you in a cell anymore."
I looked at them in shock. "You're kidding."
Dr. Strange shook his head. "Unfortunately not."
I smirked at him. "Come on, you'll learn to love me." I looked at Wanda. "You need to show me more Earth foods."
She nodded. "Of course."
Tony walked over to me. "The bad news is...we only had one extra room. And that's now where Loki is."
I laughed. "You don't mean..."
He nodded. "You're sharing the room with him."
"Can't you move me somewhere else?"
"Every other room is taken."
I groaned. "Wonderful."
"We're getting another bed put in soon, but for right now there's only one."
"Can I go back to sleeping in the cell?"
He frowned. "No."
"Why not?"
"Because it already took a lot of convincing to take you out of the cell." He motioned to Loki. "Can you take her to the room?"
He nodded and walked over to me. He held out his hand. "Shall we, darling?"
I felt my face get a little hot again and let him pull me out of the chair. We walked down the hall and I nudged his arm. "You're not against this?"
He shrugged. "Not really. As long as you don't touch my things, I think it'll be fine."
I hummed. "Well, in that case, I don't think it'll be horrible." I gasped. "That means I won't have to hide my sword anymore!"
He laughed loudly. "What a thing to be excited about."
I smiled. "What? I love my sword! It's a good sword!"
He opened the door and I peeked in. It was a decent sized room. There was a bed in one corner and a dresser on the other side of the room. A closet was near the back of the room next to a bathroom. I smiled. "Hm. I can make this work."
Loki walked in after me. "I'm in here too."
I smirked. "Ah yes. My roommate." I turned back to him. "Tony said he didn't have another bed yet..." I groaned. "I hope he gets furniture soon." I mumbled. "So how's this gonna work?"
Loki looked at the bed and thought for a second. "The bed is a nice size. We could just both sleep there."
I laughed nervously. "You mean...you. Sleeping next to me. In the same bed." I felt my face get hot again and quickly cleared my throat. "That's fine."
He smiled at me. "Would you like to get dinner?"
I nodded. "Yes please. They barely feed us anything in the cells."
Me and Loki helped each other figure out how to make food, which probably took longer than it should have. After a little bit we headed back to the room. I avoided trying to go to bed, but it was beginning to seem like the exhaustion was taking over me. I looked over at Loki. He was sitting in a chair reading. I smiled. "I think I might go to bed."
He didn't even look up but motioned to the bed. "Go ahead. I'll stay quiet."
I awkwardly walked over to the bed and climbed in. I scooted as close to the wall as I possibly could and fell asleep.