28

Later that afternoon

I ran around the compound before Tony's Christmas party and slid into Wanda's room. She looked up from her phone.
"Wanda!" I huffed out of breath in the doorway.
She raised her eyebrows at me as I hunched over trying to catch my breath. "You okay?"
I nodded quickly and took one last deep breath. "You know...how on Halloween you did that stuff to my face and made it so that it was sparkly?"
She smiled. "You mean the makeup I put on you?"
"Yeah! That! Can you do it again?"
She shrugged. "Why not?" She motioned to me to come in and I scurried after her. "Is there a reason you want it, because I remember you complaining the entire time I did it on Halloween." Wanda hummed. "It's for Loki isn't it?"
I felt my face flush red and I brushed her off. "Pshhhh what...? No...I'm not THAT cheesy."
She nodded. "Uh huh. Sit down."
I flopped into the chair and she proceeded to put the stuff on my face. It was silent for a little bit as she worked and she closed a case. "I'm assuming you want something Christmasy?"
"You can do that?"
She laughed. "Yes, I can do that."
I nodded quickly. "Yes please."
She went back to putting stuff on my face and hummed slightly. "If you are a royal, didn't you wear makeup in Betrana?"
I shook my head slightly. "My mom did. She could make me wear dresses but she couldn't make me wear that stuff. I would have rather been outside with my father and the warriors. God I wished I wasn't a princess sometimes."
"Why's that?"
"Oh don't get me wrong, it was great. It was just...boring to say the least. It was repetitive and all I ever did was go sit next to my mother and listen to her talk to people. Needless to say, I was amazing at sneaking away. My mom hated it though." I laughed. "She insisted I needed to know how the country worked so I was able to run it after she was gone."
"Isn't that important though?"
"Well, yeah but little (Y/N) decided it was more fun to run off and get lost in the woods, but also sword fight with my dad." I paused. "I miss my dad..."
Wanda motioned to me. "Close your eyes." I quickly shut my eyes and she started putting more makeup on me. "Tell me more about Betrana."
"Well, what do you want to know?"
"Anything. Whatever you want to say."
I thought for a little bit. "Well, it rained a lot. It was cold...windy...my mom didn't like the weather. Dad did, from what I remember. I didn't really see him that much anyway."
"Anything else?"
"I don't know, it was kind of just...a place. Not really my favorite place in the world. I spent my time with Sequoia mostly. And also Blaze. Oh god I haven't had word with Blaze in months. He probably hates me."
"I doubt he hates you."
"You haven't met Blaze. His dad was my dad's head general, and now he's my head general. He's the strongest, most protective person I've ever known. Other than Sequoia I mean. Before she came along, Blaze stuck with me every day. It was harder to sneak off around him, but it was much more fun."
Wanda took a step back. "Hm. You can open your eyes."
I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. "Perfect." I turned back to Wanda. "Thank you very much Wanda."
She smiled at me. "My pleasure."
I helped her choose a few things, and I wore a black suit and green tie while Wanda wore a long red dress. I walked out of the bathroom and tightened the tie slightly. Wanda gasped happily. "Wow, (Y/N), that looks amazing on you!"
I looked down at the suit. "Really? I've never worn one before..."
She looped her arm through mine. "You look amazing. Now come on, we've got a party to get to."
She pulled me out of the room and we came across Loki and Vision standing in the hall outside of the venue, probably waiting for us. They seemed to be inspecting each other instead of talking, so we walked over happily. Loki looked up and caught sight of me walking down the hallway. He nudged Vision's shoulder. He looked at Loki and Loki pointed at us. They both stared at us as we stopped in front of them. Loki looked me up and down and smiled softly.
"As much as I love how you look in dresses, I think I prefer you in a suit..." He said as he cupped my face in his hand.
I leaned into his hand. "Really?"
He brushed some of my hair behind my ear. "It was a very pleasant surprise, love."
I looked down at the suit. "Yeah I pull it off well, don't I?"
Sequoia walked down the hallway and saw us four standing there. She groaned loudly. "Jeez I can't leave for five minutes without some people in this building being all lovey dovey to each other." I rolled my eyes and she walked past, nudging my shoulder. "I like the suit. Now come on, we've got a party to get to. You can fuck him later."
I looked back at Loki and he grinned. I kissed him softly and pulled him into the main room, followed by the other two.
Tony's parties were always super over the top and annoyingly loud, but at some point they were fun too. There was loud Christmas music playing and a bunch of people that I didn't even know had been invited and were walking around. The party dragged on for a little too long, and I drank more eggnog while sitting on the couch. It had a different taste this time but I was still enjoying it and I was content.

Loki's pov

I had lost (Y/N) in the crowd, but I was sure she was fine. She knew the avengers and probably found someone to latch on to and stay with. I was having a conversation with Thor when someone latched onto my back. I quickly turned around and (Y/N) stumbled into my side and laughed loudly.
I looked down at her. "Love?"
She laughed louder and tried to pull herself up. "Hello...Lokes..." she laughed. I looked at Thor and back at (Y/N). I helped her stand up and smiled at her.
"What did you drink?"
"Egg...nog...it...it has a funny taste..." her head dropped down and she pushed herself into me.
I looked over at Thor. "Tony must have spiked the eggnog." I stroked her hair. "You're drunk, aren't you?"
She looked up at me. "Since when...have you had...4 heads?" Her arm draped over my shoulder. "I wanna...kiss 'em~"
I laughed at her and looked back at Thor. "What do I do?"
Thor shrugged. "I have no idea. I've never been in this situation."
(Y/N) laughed again. "I had...like...one..." she grabbed my hand and tried to drag me over to the table but her legs gave out and I caught her as she fell. She laughed louder. "Come...come on, you should...try one..."
I shook my head. "Not tonight, darling. We should get you out of here." She quickly shook her head and giggled. I tried my best to keep her standing as Thor watched in amusement. I rolled my eyes at him. "Some help would be appreciated, oaf."
Thor held up his hands. "No, I think you can handle it."
"I thought we couldn't get drunk on Earth's alcohol." I grumbled.
"I go against...ALL ODDS!" She yelled.
I picked her up. "Sure you do, love." I turned back to Thor. "Could you mention to Tony that I'm taking (Y/N) to bed?"
Thor nodded and I headed towards the door.
Out in the hallway was already so much quieter than that party and I carried (Y/N) over to the elevator. She snuggled into me and I squeezed her shoulder. "You're okay, love."
I set her down on the bed and she flopped backwards. She giggled. "Comfy..."
I sat down next to her. "You know what would be more comfy?"
Her eyes filled with curiosity. "What?"
"Putting something else on." She looked down at it and stood up, probably too fast because she crumbled to the floor. She looked at me sadly and I tried not to laugh. "Come here, darling." I said quietly and picked her up. She was pretty much passed out already, so I set her down and sat down next to her. She pulled me down to lay with her and cuddled herself into my chest. Before long we were both asleep.