17

Halloween

Tony and Steve stood in front of us gods and handed us a list.
"Here." Tony stated. "Just get what's on the list. And don't do anything stupid. I gave you my card so make sure you PAY."
Thor nodded. "I'll keep them out of trouble."
Steve sighed. "Is it really a good idea to send the people that know hardly anything about Earth shopping?"
Tony shrugged. "Everyone else is busy setting up for the party. They'll be fine. I gave them a list."
I smirked. "Come on Steve, you can trust me." I said, bumping my shoulder against his.
Steve scoffed and rolled his eyes while Loki snickered. Steve glared at me. "Just go."
"You better get used to me Cap. You're stuck with me." I said as we walked out the door.
We headed down the street using the map Tony had given us to find a store. Sequoia stopped outside a store and looked up at it.
"This is the place."
I looked at it. "It's huge. How are we going to find all these things?!"
Sequoia brushed me off. "I'm sure it'll be fine..."
We headed inside and looked around at all the aisles. We got a lot of weird looks, and some people even looked scared as we stumbled around the huge store. After a little bit of searching, we found the candy, and piled up on the brands that were listed out. We walked around a little more and eventually found everything on the list. I checked off the last thing on the list as Sequoia grabbed it and smiled.
"There! We did it!" I said happily. "Take that Steve."
We made our way up to the front and Thor took out Tony's card. Following the leader, we got into a random line that had formed behind a conveyor belt. We stood there and did exactly what the person in front of us had, until we got to the time where we had to pay. Thor handed the old woman the card, and she motioned a little box. We all looked at it and back at the old woman.
She sighed. "Put the card in the machine please sir."
Loki took the card from Thor and put it into the slit on the box. There was silence for a few seconds and it beeped loudly. We all jumped and Thor grabbed the card as fast as possible. The old woman sighed again. "Have a good day."
We smiled and grabbed the bags that were filled with our candy. We headed back to the tower and Loki looked at the bags.
"That seemed too easy."
Sequoia nodded. "Yeah it did..."
I hummed. "Did we forget a step?"
Thor shook his head. "All Tony said was to go to that store, get the things on lists, pay, and come back."
I nodded. "I guess that's it then."
Tony searched through the bags and counted things. He visually got more and more confused. "You guys got everything." He shot his head up. "Did you pay?"
Thor nodded. "Yes! And here." He handed Tony back his card.
Tony was shocked. "Well then. Good job guys...we still have a little bit till the party, so I guess you can just hang out till then."
We all went our separate ways, and I was walking around about an hour before the party when I got stopped by Wanda yelling at me.
"(Y/N)!"
I crossed my arms. "What?"
"Do you have a costume for tonight?"
"Do I need a costume?"
"That's what I was afraid of. Come on, I still have mine from last year. Let's see if you fit it."
I shrugged and followed her down the hallway. I sat on her bed while she shuffled through her closet.
"What about the three other gods?" I asked.
"Thor has a costume, and he got one for Loki, and I asked Sequoia earlier before you went to the store. She got one from Nat." She held up something but I couldn't see it. "Here it is."
She tossed me the thing and I picked it up. It was white and a few sections had sparkles. There were wings and a shiny halo connected to a headband. I looked up.
"An angel?"
She nodded. "Yeah it was a costume I did with Nat. She was a devil." I crinkled my nose at the halo as I picked it up again and Wanda noticed I wasn't sold on the idea. She picked up the halo and put it on my head. "I'm sure Loki will like it~"
I felt myself blush a little and quickly pushed her away. "Alright, alright I'll do it okay?"
She smiled. "Great! I can help you get ready."
I put on the skirt and shirt that it had and looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom. It wasn't terrible. I opened the door and Wanda gasped when she saw me.
"You look so pretty!"
I groaned. "You said there was something else I had to do?"
She walked into the bathroom and sat me down in a chair. "Close your eyes."
She did stuff to my face, and played around with my hair before I felt her put the headband on and take a step back.
"Aright. Open them."
I slowly opened my eyes and gasped. I looked a lot different then I usually did and slowly touched my cheek. "Jeez Wanda, it's a little overkill, don't you think?"
She rolled her eyes. "You look pretty (Y/N). Accept it." She left to finish getting herself ready and I pulled the wings on. It was a good costume, I did have to admit that. I continued looking at myself for a little bit when Wanda snapped me out of my trance.
She peeked into the bathroom "You ready?"
I nodded. "Yeah."
Wanda guided me down to the main room where the party was being held. We walked in and were hit with a wall of loud music and people talking. Wanda left me to my own accords, which I responded with standing in silence in a corner and watching people. I heard someone call my name and looked over to see Loki walking towards me.
He stopped when I turned towards him and I felt my face flare up again. He was wearing a devil costume and I shook my head slowly. He closed the gap between us and I smiled.
"Hi..."
He smiled back at me. "You look beautiful, Love."
"You look pretty great too." I laughed. "I have the strangest assumption that this was planned without our knowledge."
He laughed. "That does seem pretty accurate." He kissed my hand. "But, I don't think I mind that." I felt my face get more red and I quickly turned away. He laughed. "Would you like something to drink?"
"Yes please. I'm thirsty." I responded. He pulled me around the room and we stopped next to an entire table filled with food and drinks, including a lot that I had never seen before. We ate, danced, drank, and talked. I spotted Sequoia a few times, she was talking to a few avengers, and me and Loki got stopped by Wanda and Thor.
Thor smirked at us. "I see our plan worked out well."
I scoffed. "I'm gonna murder you two."
Wanda patted my arm. "Aww, come on, you look great!"
"I know. I always look great."
Loki smiled from next to me. "She's right."
"I know I'm right." I smirked.
We talked with the two of them for a little bit but the loud music got to me and my head started hurting. I finished my conversation, but once they left I looked up at Loki.
"Could we leave?"
"Are you alright?"
I shrugged. "Eh, not big on parties."
He smiled. "That's alright, I'm not either."
We went out of the loud room and I pulled the wings off and flopped on the couch. Loki sat down next to me and I climbed onto him. We sat there in silence for a long time and I tightened my grip on the jacket of his costume.
"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked quietly.
I shook my head slightly. "My head hurts."
He smiled softly and pressed his hand to my head. The headache faded slightly and I looked up at him.
"What did you do?"
"I made the headache go away."
"If you can heal things, why haven't you sooner?!" I punched him lightly.
"Like what?"
I motioned to my broken leg. "Like THAT."
"I can't heal broken bones darling, and you get the cast off early next week, I think you'll survive."
"Well I wish you could. It's been hell with this thing on."