27

Present day ; (Y/N)s pov

Strange looked at Sequoia's wrists. "How the hell does she still have powers?!"
I glared at him. "We aren't really worried about that right now, okay?" I looked back at Sequoia. "Who is that?"
She sighed. "That's...Joe."
I looked back at the man. "Him?!"
She nodded slowly. "Yeah...Him." The wind started blowing harder.
I grasped her shoulders. "Okay, Sequoia please calm down, it's getting a little hard to stay still."
She took a deep breath and the winds stopped. I let go of her arms and the man went into a store with the family. I looked at Tony. "Can we go home?"
He nodded and motioned to the rest of the Avengers. "Let's go home, guys."
Loki nudged me as we walked home. "Who's Joe?"
"We don't talk about Joe." I said quickly.
Back at the compound, I stayed the night in Sequoia's room. I ate popcorn while she paced around. Strange was working on new power reducers that could take away more of her strength, so till then I was on Sequoia watch duty. There was a strong gust of wind and I closed the bag of popcorn quickly.
She clenched her hands into fists. "He left me behind for a family?! Why is he even on Earth?! Does she know he's technically a god?! Does she know he left me at 15 for her?!"
Her rant on Joe continued and I moved the bag towards her. "Popcorn?"
She paused for a second and grabbed a handful before continuing. After a long time, she flopped backwards into the chair by the desk. We sat in silence for a little bit and she looked up. "Talk about something. Anything. Anything but Joe."
I hummed and thought for a second. "Oh! Remember the terrible suitors my parents would set me up with?"
She looked up. "Yeah, those guys were questionable."
"Who was your favorite?"
She stayed quiet and snapped her fingers. "The one who accidentally called you fat."
I laughed. "Oh I hated that guy."
"There was also the one that didn't know how to take a no. He was fun."
"Oh god, he would not leave me alone! I swear he was always at the castle."
Sequoia laughed. "Who was your favorite?
I fidgeted with my hands. "Ooo! Amelia! The one girl! My mom didn't even realize she was an option."
"Really?"
"Yeah, remember? She was the sister of that one guy."
Sequoia slowly nodded. "Oh yeah! I love Amelia."
"I was still in contact with her. I wonder what she thinks about my disappearance."

Christmas Day

Tony had woken us up almost an hour ago, yet here I was. Still laying in my bed with Loki because it was too cold to move. We both weren't able to go back to sleep, so we just laid there with each other as people ran around outside the room.
Tony threw open our door. "You're still in bed?!"
I clutched Loki's shirt tighter and sighed. "Hi Tiny."
He walked over quickly and pulled the blankets off us. I groaned as the cold air hit me and Loki rubbed my arm. Tony sighed loudly. "Get up! We have stuff to do today!"
Tony left and I hummed. "Why is it so damn cold this time of year?"
Loki chucked. "I'm sorry, Love."
"Yeah you better be sorry. You don't have to suffer with me." He hugged me tighter and I sighed again. "We better get up or Tiny is gonna have a field day with us."
Most of the avengers had congregated in the living room around the tree, drinking coffee and some yellowish liquid. Steve stood up. "I'm getting some more eggnog." He pointed at me. "Do you guys want anything?"
I looked at the glass. "What's eggnog?"
Steve brought me into the kitchen and gave me a sip before pouring a glass of it for me. I drank it down happily and Steve shook his head as he refilled his own glass. "Be careful (Y/N). Tony tends to spike the eggnog sometime during the day."
We all sat in the living room and there was chatter from the avengers, but I was too tired to focus on anything but Loki. I was leaning into his side and he had wrapped his arm around me. He slowly moved his hand up and down my side and I leaned deeper into him. It was comforting and I sipped my drink while waiting for something to happen. Tony started handing out gifts, and imagine my surprise when he started handing gifts to me and Loki and Sequoia. I looked at the wrapped boxes.
"What's this?"
Tony stopped what he was doing and looked at it. "Those are presents."
"But...why?"
He gave me a confused look. "What do you mean why? It's Christmas? People give their friends and family presents?"
I looked down at the boxes and leaned back into the couch. "So I'm your friend?"
Tony shrugged. "You deserve it."
The avengers commenced with opening presents, and I just stared at the few boxes for a few minutes before opening it. There were sweaters inside and I picked one up. Wanda, who had been sitting next to me, smiled. "Me and Nat knew you really liked the sweaters we found. We thought you might like to have them."
I pulled the three sweaters out of the box and snuggled them. I sighed. "Man, I love sweaters."
I was also given a shirt that said 'Loki' on it and had a picture of his helmet on it. That was from Tony. Of course.
There was lots of time spent opening presents that morning, and afterwards most of the people went separate ways either to help make breakfast or use some of the gifts they got. Loki got up from next to me, and I pulled one of my new sweaters over my head. He came back and placed a gift on my lap. I looked at it.
"Wait, you got me something?" He nodded and slowly sat back down next to me. I looked at him and back at the box. I slowly unwrapped it and pulled out a sketchbook and a pack of pencils. I looked back up at Loki.
He gestured to it. "I've seen your little doodles. And the thing you drew in the cell. And Nat helped me find something at a store she took me to." I flipped through the book and smiled. He looked at me and kissed the side of my head.
"I got you something..." I mumbled.
He hummed against me. "Really?"
I nodded and pulled his head so I could kiss him. "Can I go get it?"
He let me go and I grabbed the present from our room. I dropped it on him and sat back down. He unwrapped the box and pulled out a hoodie. He raised an eyebrow at it and I leaned on him.
"You never wear comfy clothes. Plus you owned that one thing from Asgard, which, by the way, I stole and it's in my dresser so...surprise, but I assumed you needed something to lounge around it. It's not like we go anywhere else most days anyway."
He sighed and slipped the hoodie on. I snuggled into his side. We sat there for a little bit and the world around me was drowned out. I sighed softly. "It doesn't smell like you yet."
He chuckled. "I've never worn it before, so that makes sense."
Tony walked into the room and did a double take when looking at Loki. "Are you wearing a hoodie?"
Loki rolled his eyes. "Yes, and?"
Tony shook his head. "Nothing...nothing...just never thought I'd see that." He motioned to the rest of the people in the living room. "Come on. Breakfast is ready."
We all went into the dining room and Wanda, Vision, Tony, Steve, and a few others helped bring the cinnamon rolls, toast, pancakes, whatever generic breakfast food there was, out to the table. It was an amazing breakfast, and we sat and ate for a long time. It was really more talking than eating, but it was nice. Considering I had only had celebrations where people talked politics to me as a princess, it was nice to have a fun conversation with people who I was starting to trust.
We all went our separate ways after eating. Steve and Tony decided to introduce me, Loki, and Sequoia to Christmas movies. We watched a couple of the movies and during the second one I paused it.
"Okay let me get this straight." I readjusted how I was sitting so I could face Tony and Steve. "This man, Scott Calvin, basically kills Santa Claus, and now...he is Santa Claus?"
Tony nodded. "Pretty much."
"What's the name of the main elf again?"
"Bernard."
"Yes! Bernard. I love Bernard. He's my favorite."