31

Early morning

The sun was about to rise when we were ready to leave. Loki came out onto the roof where I was drawing the pattern needed to get to Betrana. Loki turned on 2 trackers and handed one to me. "Here."
I looked at it and stood up. "What's this?"
He shrugged. "Just in case. I want to be able to find you if I need to."
I nodded slowly and slipped it into a secret pocket in my armor. I looked back up at him. "Are you ready? Our teleporter is not as pleasant as yours..."
He gripped my hand. "I'm ready."
I squeezed his hand and pulled the hood of his cloak over his head. "Keep that on. We have to lay low..." I let go of his hand for a second and pulled my cloak on before grabbing his hand again. "Alright. Let's go." I looked up at the sky. "Sig! Take me home!"
There was a dark beam of light and it picked us up. I kept my eyes shut tight and Loki tightened his grip on my hand. There was a fast wind that blew and suddenly stopped. I slowly opened my eyes and Sig looked at me.
She gasped loudly and kneeled. "Your highness..."
I shook my head. "Please, Sig, I need you to listen to me closely. I'm simply retrieving something from my castle, and I need you to not tell anyone I'm here and not to let anyone come or leave this realm."
She nodded quickly. "For the record, I'm very pleased that you're alive."
I held my laugh. "Thank you Sig. We shouldn't be long." I motioned to Loki and he followed close behind me. I apparently was obviously still on edge and Loki squeezed my hand.
"We'll find her, darling."
I nodded and pointed to a back road. "This way. We can cut around the back. Through one of my secret escape routes."
Loki looked around the back of the city and shivered from the wind. I barely flinched. He sighed. "This whole realm gives off a gloomy look."
I punched his arm. "This is my home dipshit." I laughed.
He held up his hands. "I never said it was a bad thing." He continued walking next to me. "It fits your personality."
I gasped at him and crossed my arms. "I changed my mind, I don't need your help. Go back to the Sphere."
He raised his eyebrows at me. "The Sphere?"
"Where we came in from. We call it The Sphere. You can wait there." He turned on his heels with a smirk and I quickly grabbed his arm. "Wait-Please don't leave."
He looked down at me. "That's what I thought."
"I don't need you. I just like the company."
He nodded. "Mhm."
"Shush. We're at my castle." I looked up at the obsidian stones that made up most of the castle. It was a shiny black, and shimmered during the few days of sun we got during the summer. I felt around the few rocks near an entrance and found the one that had the back chiseled out. I pulled it off the wall and pulled my key to the door out of it.
Loki smirked at me. "I take it you didn't like inside the castle."
I laughed quietly. "Yeah, it wasn't my favorite place. Kind of stuffy really..." I pulled him inside and he followed me through the tunnels of the basement. I found the tunnels to the small rope ladder and a trap door to my room. I motioned to Loki to follow me and pushed open the door slowly. The room was quiet and much brighter than the rest of the castle. I nodded. "Coast is clear." I whispered and pulled Loki through the hole.
He sat on the ground for a moment and looked around the room. "This is a change from the dark castle."
"What can I say? I have a specific taste."
I slowly opened the door and almost forgot the squeak it had. I held the door in place and slipped through the small opening. Loki had a harder time doing that, but he escaped the room and out into the hall. I knew where guards were placed and was pretty easily able to avoid them. I assumed Sequoia had been taken to the royal cells we had for the more dangerous prisoners, and they were on the other side of the castle.
I peeked around the corner. "Alright, here's the plan." I whispered. "We both take one guard, inside, there should only be one or two. I have the code to get in and unlock the doors so once we get in it should be quick-" I looked back. Loki wasn't there. I quickly stood up. "Lokes? Loki?!"
"(Y/N)!" I heard Loki call my name from down the hall and he was yanked around the corner. I quickly ran after him, not worried if I was seen or not. I slid around the corner and suddenly Loki and his captor were gone. There was just silence. I ran as fast as I could back to the Sphere and Sig took me back to Earth.
I tried to keep breathing but it was getting harder as I slid into the meeting room where the avengers sat. They quickly looked at me and I tried to catch my breath. Tony scoffed. "I called you and Loki an hour ago! Where have you been! We have a plan to get Sequoia back and we need to know what Betrana's layout looks like so we can get in."
I felt my breathing get heavier. "Loki...Loki and I...went to get her...I knew what I was doing...gone...both of them are gone..."
Tony froze. "What did you say?"
"Me and Loki went to find Sequoia and he's gone, okay! Someone took him! I knew what I was doing, but I thought we were being sneaky enough!"
He gawked at me. "How did you know what you were doing if he got taken too!"
Nat stood up. "Hey, lay off Tony. She thought she could do it. She knows the realm the best out of all of us."
I nodded slowly. "I know it was a dumb idea, I was desperate. Please help me, I need them back."
After a lot of convincing and waiting and planning, I was showing them how to get to Betrana. We arrived, and I gave the same directions to Sig. The avengers looked around as I took them through the same back road that I had taken Loki. I held up the tracker. "Me and Loki both have one, so I know exactly where they took him. I have an idea of where they might have taken Sequoia, but now that they know I'm trying to get them back, they might have moved her. Those demons seem to be a new addition to my country, so keep your eyes out. I don't know what they'll do if they see us." I turned back to the avengers and stopped outside my castle. "Any questions?"
Tony held his hand up. "Uhh, yeah. You live there!?" He pointed to the castle.
I nodded and sighed. "Yes, that is my home. Anyone else?"
Tony held up his hand again. "Is it just me or is it gloomy here?"
I sighed loudly. "Any real questions?" The group stayed silent. "Great. Stay quiet and on the lookout. They probably have people searching for me right about now."
We headed into the castle the same way I snuck Loki in, and I followed the tracker, looking back every once in a while to make sure everyone was still there. I looked at the doors to the ballroom.
I shook my head as some guards stood in front of the doors. "I swear, Blaze, I'm gonna kill you." I mumbled. I looked back to the avengers. "Alright. I'm almost positive Loki is in the ballroom, so we need a way to get in there. Knowing Blaze, I bet Sequoia is in there too."
We sent Tony out and he was silently able to take down the two guards outside and Nat came up next to me. "I forgot you were the queen for a little bit."
I laughed quietly as we snuck over to the doors. "Yeah, I stopped emphasizing it, didn't I?"
Steve motioned to the doors. "Are we going in?"
I took a deep breath. "Well, If I learned anything from my dad, it was that a good warrior always makes a good entrance." I unsheathed my sword and grabbed both door handles before throwing them open.
The doors hit the wall with a slam and I marched into the ballroom. Blaze laughed from the other side of the room and turned towards me. "I was wondering when you were going to show up..."
I scoffed and held out my arms. "Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" The avengers stayed near the doors and they shut behind us. I touched Blazes' throat with the tip of my sword. "Where are they?" I asked sternly.
Blaze chuckled and snapped his fingers. A spotlight hit Loki and Sequoia, tied up in the corner with a demon next to them. He frowned. "You know, when I heard you were being crowned queen, I really couldn't believe it." He started circling me, slowly. "I thought you would be a great queen, and as you might know, most queens have kings." He motioned to himself. "I thought I would be perfect for the role, and we both seemed to have a thing for each other. I made it pretty obvious." He spat at me.
I shook my head. "Blaze..."
He laughed. "You were so oblivious to what was going on around you...and then I helped you plan a battle. To gain territory. To show our power together. But you left." He chuckled. "Well, technically you were captured, but who cares about details anyway? You certainly don't." He held up his sword and it scraped my arm. "You ruined everything I ever loved, and now you're going to watch as I set your world on fire."
I stood my ground and lifted his sword with mine. "What do you mean I ruined everything you loved?"
He lowered his sword and tilted his head. "You really are oblivious, aren't you?"
I scoffed. "Would you stop with the riddles and start telling me what you mean?"
He laughed and backed me up against the wall with his sword. "You were the first person I loved...the first one that cared about me...spent time with me...it hurt when you left."
I laughed and brought my sword up to his. "Aww thanks. I'm glad you missed me. Unfortunately this is a terrible way to show it." I kicked him off of me and the lights turned on.
Blaze motioned to the demons lining the edges of the room. "Get them!"
The avengers quickly started attacking the demons and I rolled out of the way of Blaze's sword. He watched as I transformed into a bird and flew behind him. I brought my sword down and Blaze quickly deflected it and thrust his sword forward at me.
He laughed at me. "You've been training with me for too long for me not to know all your strategies. You're predictable."
I dodged his attacks and I tried to get over to Loki and Sequoia, but they were being protected by the demon, who was not moving. I looked around quickly. "Tony!"
He took down a demon and stood on it. "What's up (Y/N)?"
"Demon! Get the other two gods!" Blaze brought his sword down and I yelped and rolled out of the way.
Tony nodded. "You...you need any help?"
I turned into a mouse and tried to strike Blaze from behind. "Nope! I got it! You get the other two! Oh, and get Strange to-" I crashed my sword against Blazes'. "Get Strange to remove Sequoia's power reducers!"
Tony nodded quickly. "Yeah, Okay! I'm on it!" He moved over to the Demon and I went back to fighting Blaze.
Our swords clashed in the air and Blaze smirked at me. "You've improved."
I smiled sarcastically. "Gee thanks." I pushed down his sword. "Well this has been fun...lots of fun...but I think you have a meeting with my head guard."
Blaze gave me a confused look. "...what...?"
Blaze was blasted to the side by a rock and Sequoia came to stand next to me. She nudged my arm. "Your form has gotten better."
"Aww~ thanks."
"So what do we do with the carrot top over there?" She motioned to Blaze.
I shrugged. "Whatever you want. I don't really care either way..."
"So...you wouldn't care if I killed him?"
I looked at Blaze and he pulled himself up. He scoffed. "They aren't going to give you the crown back...You've been gone for too long..."
I shook my head. "It'll take some time, but I bet my people haven't given up on me just yet." I looked back at Sequoia. "You can weaken him. Just...don't kill him. I might be able to use him one of these days." Sequoia turned back to Blaze and a few rocks lifted into the air.
Loki walked over to me and I turned towards him. He smiled. "Though I was tied up...I did enjoy watching you fight someone other than me."
I hummed. "Did you?"
"It was quite attractive if I do say so myself."
I kissed him. "Of course you would think that."
Me and the rest of the avengers watched as Sequoia finished off Blaze to the point where he couldn't fight back and he lay there, fighting to catch his breath as my guards surrounded him. Tony motioned to us. "So..is our work here done?"
I nodded. "Yeah, you guys can go home." I paused. "But me and Sequoia should stay. We have a kingdom to run, and I have a few people to win back."
The avengers took a little convincing to let us stay, but eventually started saying their goodbyes. Steve nudged my arm. "I didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm gonna miss you, your highness."
I laughed. "I'll miss you too, stripes. I promise I'll visit all the time."
Sequoia and Steve did some sort of weird handshake they had made out, and they started heading back to The Sphere.
Loki stayed behind. "You're staying..."
I nodded sadly. "I kinda have to...I mean, I can't leave forever."
He nodded too. "I'll see you all the time, correct?"
I laughed. "Anytime that I have free time, I'll visit you. Or you can visit me."
He made his way closer to me and cupped my cheek. "I'm going to miss seeing you every day."
I placed my hand over his. "You'll be okay. Don't forget about me, okay?"
He scoffed. "I would never. I love you too much for that."
I hummed and kissed him. "I love you too. I promise I'll see you all the time. Plus, you'll be either on Earth or Asgard, and those are both close to Betrana."
He nodded slowly and offered me his arm. I looped my hand through it and walked him down to The Sphere.
"Oh and also, this isn't a breakup. You're still mine."
He nodded. "Of course." He laughed.
Sig waited for my command and I nodded to her to send them back to Earth.
I waved to the Avengers as they headed off and sighed. Sequoia wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "So..."
I smirked. "So what?"
"Wanna go torture Blaze?"
"Oh, you know just how to cheer me up, don't you?"
She smiled. "Guilty."
I looked back at my country. "So...I've got a few hearts to win back. Think you can help?"
She playfully bowed. "I am at your service, your majesty."
"Well then." I smiled. "We've got some work to do."

~The End~