25

That afternoon

I watched as Steve snuck as quietly as possible behind the couch where (Y/N) and Loki were sitting. It was going well for a good few minutes, but Steve kicked the couch and (Y/N) slowly looked behind it.
She tilted her head. "...Steve...? What...what are you doing?"
Steve shot up. "Nothing! I dropped something!" He paused for a second and walked quickly out of the room. I followed him into the kitchen.
I smirked. "That was really smooth, old man."
Later that night Nat took her turn on trying, and hung it in the window seat in the library where the two liked to sit.

The next day ; (Y/N)s pov

I hummed and grasped Loki's chin to tilt his head up slightly. I tilted my head from my spot straddling him. "Hm. And you wanted to keep this side of you away from me?" I gave him a smug smile. He had a scarf blindfolding him and I had tightened his shirt around his hands to keep them tied to the bedpost. I crossed my arms. "Too bad you can't talk."
He mumbled against the washcloth I had gagged him with and I swatted his cheek. "Shush. It's not my fault you got yourself gagged. I was going to have some mercy, but you wouldn't shut up. You brought this upon yourself, pet."
He scoffed at my 'pet' statement but stayed mostly silent. I smiled and trailed my fingers down the side of his face. I sighed. "You are extremely beautiful tied up like this, you know that?"
I could practically see his eye roll, but he simply shook his head and I went back to torturing him. I moved slightly to grab the glass of ice sitting on the nightstand. I rattled it and Loki's face dropped. I pulled an ice cube out of the tall glass and pressed it onto his chest. The areas I dragged the ice became a bright blue color. I continued with several ice cubes till his entire chest was sapphire. I hummed and moved off of him once I was sure the Jotun form had been engraved into my mind. I untied the bonds and he slowly moved to put his shirt back on.
He gave me a quick kiss and laid down next to me. I looked at him. "Do you think the avengers have been weird since December started?"
He pulled me against him. "Weird in what way?"
"Steve was literally crawling behind the couch a few days ago, and they've been sneaking around us. But not all at once. It's one at a time and it's always a different person."
He thought for a second. "You're right. Maybe it's just the whole Christmas thing."
"Hm. Maybe."

Later that afternoon ; Sequoia pov

I walked into the kitchen to see Tony hanging something on the ceiling. I leaned against the wall. "What are you doing?"
Tony spun around and looked at the pulleys that were all around the room. "Okay well, it's my turn to get the two gods to kiss, and I created an elaborate plan that is foolproof."
I looked at the wires. "Is that the elaborate, foolproof plan?"
He nodded quickly and proceeded to explain exactly what was going to happen, stopping at the door where he gestured above to the doorway. "...and once they get here, the mistletoe will drop, and I win."
I chuckled quietly. "That is very elaborate. And yet..." I leaned forward towards him. "I don't think it will work."
He smirked at me and called out for Loki and (Y/N) to come downstairs. There was distant walking and soon (Y/N) and Loki walked into the room, activating Tony's motion sensors. Unfortunately for him, the two didn't stop walking and walked right through the doorway and passed where the mistletoe dropped. Tony's face fell and I patted his shoulder. "Better luck next time, Tony."
Tony stormed out of the room, right when Dr. Strange was walking in. They made eye contact and both groaned as Strange looked up at the doorway. Tony kissed Strange's cheek and Strange crossed his arms.
"I hate this holiday..." he mumbled and walked away.
Unknown to the other avengers, I had been planning my turn since the competition started, and I knew I would win. I had spent the morning in Central Park building a giant ice tree with a bench underneath. The mistletoe had been hung on a branch of ice, and you could only see it when you sat down.
I dragged the two out of the house and down to the park. They cautiously walked around and came across the ice sculpture with a big sign that said 'sit here.' I ducked away as fast as I could, and (Y/N) groaned.
"God, not you too!" She whisper-yelled. She looked around and saw I was gone.(Y/N) looked up at Loki. "Well, do you want to?"
He laughed and looked at the bench. "Maybe?"
They inched over to the bench and as soon as they got there, a giant spike of the ice tree fell onto the bench and crushed it. I gasped and they quickly backed up. (Y/N) nervously giggled and before she could find me in the bushes, I jumped up.
"You saw nothing!!" I yelled and ran off.

(Y/N) pov

I sighed and looked at Loki. "Can we go home and hide?"
We headed back to the tower, and proceeded to hide in the closet in the front hall. It was dark, and I pressed my back against Loki's chest. His arms wrapped around me and he rested his head on top of mine.
I gripped his hand. "Why is everyone acting so weird?" I mumbled.
He moved to kiss my neck. "I have no idea." I heard people walk past and held my breath. The footsteps paused for a second before walking away. Loki smiled against my neck as I released a long breath. "I don't think they'll find us here darling." He said.
I laughed quietly as he kissed my neck more. "They will if you keep doing that..."
He moved me so I was facing him and I wrapped my arms around his neck. The only light was the small strip along the bottom of the door, but I swear I could see him smiling. I pressed my forehead to his and he kissed me slowly. He wrapped his hand into my hair and pulled me closer to him. The kiss continued for a long time, stopping periodically for gulps of air, and until the door slowly opened and quickly shut again.
I quickly parted from Loki and looked at the door. I looked back at Loki. "I think...I think we just...got caught..."

Sequoia's pov

Peter stumbled into the living room with the reddest face I had ever seen. I watched as he fumbled with the remote and tried to calm down.
I smirked. "What's up Peter?"
He shook his head slightly. "What? Wrong? Nothings wrong."
"Uh huh..."
"I found (Y/N) and Loki by the way..."
I smiled. "And where were they?"
"In...In the hall closet."
"What were they doing in the hall closet?"
"They were...uh...kissing. A lot. They didn't even notice I was there. I just wanted my coat..." he trailed off. I sighed and stood up. Peter's eyes widened as he watched me walk to the door. "Where are you going?!"
I looked at him. "Saving the coats before they fuck on them."

(Y/N)s pov

We waited a few seconds and heard loud footsteps. The door swung open and I winced at Sequoias glare. "Hey Sequoia..."
Sequoia pinched the bridge of her nose and groaned. "Out. Both of you."
I scrambled off Loki and he pulled himself up after me. Sequoia glared at us. "You have traumatized Peter. He's 16! He doesn't need to see that!"
I laughed. "That was Peter?!"
"Yes, now go apologize!" She said, shoving us into the living room. We walked in on a few of the Avengers trying to figure out what happened to Peter.
Wanda was the only one that smiled at me and Loki, and walked over to us. She used her magic to hang some mistletoe above us and smiled wider. I looked at the plant and back at her.
"That makes you kiss, right?"
She nodded. "Yep."
I looked up at Loki and he happily kissed me again, like we hadn't just been making out in a closet. When we parted, the avengers were looking from us to Wanda in shock. I laughed nervously. "What...what are we looking at?"
Tony shook his head. "We made a competition to get you two to kiss under the mistletoe."
I gasped loudly. "So THAT'S why you have all been super creepy the last few days!"
Sequoia gasped back at me. "We haven't been creepy!"
I gestured to Steve. "Stripes over there started crawling behind a couch!"
Wanda reached her hand towards Tony. "Pay up."