15

A few days later

It was early in the morning and I sat against the wall of the shower. The hot water hit my head while I thought about what I was doing. I could very well go back to Betrana. It wasn't like I was trapped. I could leave. We could leave. But why didn't I want to? I sighed loudly and brushed my hands through my hair. My country was probably in shambles. I wasn't there to rule. They probably thought I was dead. What would happen if I got back? What did they think about Sequoia? I could go back. I should go back. The only thing that would stop us would be Sequoias power reducers. I bet we could figure out how to get them off. We have strong blacksmiths and they could cut them off. I stared at the wall. Why didn't I want to go back?! We could! We had full access to it! Why didn't I want to?! I sighed again and turned off the shower. I pulled on some clothes and stared at myself in the mirror.
"You're crazy." I mumbled to myself. "You are crazy for wanting to stay here. It's not like you're a prisoner anymore. They can't control what you do. So why do you want to stay?" I leaned against the counter and stared at myself. I sighed. "You're an idiot." I mumbled and hopped out of the room. Loki looked up from the bed.
"Well, you were in there for a while."
I nodded. "I was thinking."
He patted the spot next to him. "About what?"
I stayed silent for a second and sat next to him. "Nothing important."
He set down his book and looked down at me as I leaned farther into him. "Are you okay?"
I swallowed. "Yeah...I just wanna sit here."
He pulled my chin up slightly to make me look at him. "Are you sure?"
I gently pulled his hand off me. "Yes, I'm sure. Now let me love you." He put his arm around me and I snuggled myself into his side. I hummed and closed my eyes. "Where's Sequoia?"
"With the avengers. They're going somewhere for 'halloween' so she's talking about it with them."
I shifted slightly. "We should go with them."
"Why?"
"Because I'm curious what Halloween is now."
We heard the door open and Loki looked up but I continued to lean into his side. Wanda smiled softly at us.
"Hey, every year there's a Halloween event that goes on Downtown. We're gonna head down and see what it is this year. Do you wanna come with us? Sequoia already said she would."
Loki looked down at me. "Did you get all that love?"
I kept my eyes closed but nodded slightly. "Yeah..."
"Do you still want to go?"
I thought for a second but nodded again. "Yeah."
I felt Loki shift slightly so he was facing Wanda again. "We'll be down in a moment."
She nodded. "We'll be waiting."
Loki took my hand and kissed it. I didn't move. He slowly moved me and kissed his way up my neck. I slowly opened my eyes and smiled at him. He kissed my hand again. "Shall we?"
I laughed. "Come on Mr. Desperate. I'm excited about what Halloween is."
Tony was busy trying to explain Halloween to us gods as we walked around town. They brought us to central park and it was filled with people dressed up as weird characters. I  studied them as we walked past.
"Hey Tiny?" I said as I watched two kids with bags barrel past us.
"Yeah?"
"I still don't understand the whole 'dress us and get candy' thing."
He motioned to a few kids wearing bright suits and capes. "I don't know the exact history, but I'm pretty sure wearing costumes was a way to ward off ghosts or something. The candy was added later as something for kids and I think it was originally as an offering for roaming spirts."
I looked around at the kids. "That seems dumb."
"Yeah well, it's a big holiday here on Earth. Kids get candy, adults go to parties, we stay up late."
"Are we going to a party?"
"I host one every year for the Tower, so I guess you're invited."
I paused and rubbed my arms as the wind blew. "God it's getting cold out."
Tony nodded. "It's fall. Of course it's cold."
I stopped walking completely. "It's FALL?!"
Tony nodded again. "It's been fall for a month already."
"But I came to Earth towards the middle of summer!"
"Yeah and you've been here for a few months. So what?"
"Jeez, I know I've been on Earth for awhile, but still..."
I looked around at the trees. I didn't realize that I had been here for so long. Loki looked at me. "Are you okay?"
I nodded slowly. "I didn't think I had been here for months...but weirdly..." I looked up at the avengers, who had continued walking through the park. "I don't mind that..."
He smiled at me. "You like it here, don't you?"
My face got slightly red and I quickly looked down. "No-"
He put his arm around me. "That's not a bad thing."
"Well it could be! I don't hate it here anymore! That's a problem!"
He kissed my head and we kept walking down the sidewalk behind the avengers. After a little bit of walking around the park, we went home. I hopped into the living room and proceeded to sit myself down on top of Loki. He looked down at me.
"I believe I was sitting here."
I shrugged. "Now I'm sitting here too. Deal with it."
Sequoia watched us and rolled her eyes. "You two need to get a room."
I cuddled myself into Loki's chest. "You can move out at any time, Sequoia."
"Tony is finishing my room today. I'll move out as soon as he's done."

The next week

Me, Loki, and Sequoia were given phones as gifts right before Halloween so that we could have an easier time communicating with the avengers when they left without us. Truthfully, we were still trying to get the hang of them. The things were small, but they were confusing! Me and Loki sat in our room and I scrolled around an app with a bunch of photos people had put on it when I got an idea. I typed 'Loki' into the search bar. Suddenly a bunch of pictures and news articles about Loki popped onto the screen.
I burst out laughing when I saw a photo with a description about how he might be evil but he was attractive. I threw the phone down next to me and laughed till I couldn't breathe. Loki watched the entire thing go down in confusion.
"What is so funny?" He asked.
I tried to talk but ended up falling backwards on the bed with laughter. He shook his head and walked over. He put his hands beside my head on the bed and stood over me. I made eye contact with him and rolled to my side, covering my mouth while trying to regain my ability to breathe.
At that point Loki was trying not to laugh at me. "What is so funny, love?" He said with a smile.
I took a few deep breaths and pointed to the phone. "People...people think you're attractive..."
He moved his arms off me and picked up the phone. He turned it on and scrolled around the few pictures. I regained my composure and sat with him. We spent a good few minutes laughing at the things people had said and I got an idea. I gasped.
Loki looked at me. "What is it?"
"Ooo! Look me up! Look me up!" I said excitedly.
He clicked on the search bar and typed me in. We waited a few seconds before several photos that I didn't even know existed popped up. I crawled over his shoulder.
"Oh wow that's a lot."
He nodded. "I wonder what they say about you!" He said as he clicked through the photos till he found one about my attractiveness. I threw my hands in the air.
'WHOO! I'm hot too!" I pointed at him. "You're not the only one!"
He smiled at me. "I could have told you that."
"Should we tell the people that we're both taken?"
He shook his head. "No, let them think they have a chance." He said as he put the phone down and pulled me onto him. I rested my head on his neck and smiled.
"I love you, my attractive god."
He kissed the side of my head. "I love you too, my beautiful goddess."
We sat there for a few minutes and got interrupted by a robotic voice.
"Good afternoon (Y/N) and Loki. Mr. Stark requests your presence in the living room."
I jumped and gripped Loki slightly tighter before laughing. "I hate that thing."
He smiled at me. "I am aware of that. Tony ruined the moment though."
I sighed. "Come on, we better go see what he wants."
Slowly but surely we made our way down to the living room. The other avengers were already in there, along with Sequoia, and I collapsed onto a chair. Tony smiled widely at all of us.
"Avengers, today is a very exciting day." I looked at Loki and rolled my eyes. He tried not to smile at me. Tony continued his speech and stood up. "Today is the day we find out..." he pointed at me, Loki, and Sequoia. "What kind of candy do the gods like?"
I looked at Sequoia. She shrugged. I looked back at Tony. "I'm sorry, what kind of what we like?"
"Candy! Don't you guys have candy?" He looked at us in confusion.
I shook my head. "Not that I know of?"
"It's Halloween in a few days and we went out and got candy the other day for the Halloween party. You three have to try some!"
I pointed at Thor. "What about him?"
Tony looked at Thor. "He's been here awhile. He knows what candy he likes. But anyway, we're getting you guys candy."
Nat, Thor, and a few others went with Tony and we sat and waited for them to get back. When they did, Tony was carrying three bags. He set one on each of our laps.
"So I bought the most popular ones that I know we all like, and you all have one piece of each."
I lifted the bag up slightly. "This bag is really heavy."
Loki inspected his as well. "You said there was one of each?"
Tony nodded. "Yeah. Just eat the candy."
I looked at Sequoia and she dug through her bag and shrugged. "Looks safe."
I reached in and grabbed a random piece. I read the label. "M&M's. What a weird name."
Sequoia looked at the packaging and dug through her bag till she found her piece of that candy. Loki did the same. Sequoia opened the candy and we did too. I held up the bag. "Cheers." I said as I dumped the bag into my mouth.
We sat there for a moment while the avengers watched us intently. My eyes widened. "Oh wow. That's really good."
Steve shrugged. "It's just chocolate."
I looked at the bag. "Is there more chocolate?"
Steve sighed. "Yeah there's a lot."
We each dug through the bags and made a list of candy we liked and candy we didn't. After about an hour of inspecting, eating, and rating the bags of candy, we were all out. I sighed and dropped the bag of trash to the ground. "I think I'm done with candy."
Sequoia nodded. "Agreed."
I crawled onto Loki and laid down. I smiled into him. "Pillow."
He laughed. "Is that all I am now?"
I nodded. "Yes. Pillow."