16

Late that night

Sequoia shook my shoulder. "(Y/N)...(Y/N), wake up!"
I blinked a few times so my eyes would adjust to the darkness. "Sequoia...? What do you need?"
"I want more candy!"
I sighed and rolled over. "Good for you." There was silence for a few seconds and I sat up. "Well now I want candy."
She laughed quietly. "Great! I found a map on my phone to a candy store nearby."
I dragged myself out of the bed and Loki slowly looked up. "(Y/N)...? Where are you going?"
"We're going to get more candy. Do you want to go?"
Loki looked from me to Sequoia and sighed. "I want candy now."
I smiled. "Come on, it'll be quick."
He nodded and yawned. Sequoia pulled us out of the room and outside.
"Are you sure the avengers won't mind?" I asked as we followed Sequoia down the street.
Sequoia shrugged. "The avengers said that people go and get candy at night during Halloween. This is just what Midguardians do."
I looked at Loki and he shrugged. "That sounds right to me."
Sequoia stopped. "Here it is!"
The candy store was dark, and had a big window that showed all the candy. I pressed my head against the window. "Oooo chocolate."
Sequoia tugged on the door. And then tugged harder. She looked at me. "It's locked."
Loki inspected the window. "Tony DID say that you had to knock. Try that."
Sequoia knocked on the door and we watched her. Nothing happened. I groaned. "This is taking too long. Let me do it."
Sequoia moved out of the way and I yanked on the door. "Open up!"
Sequoia picked up a rock and threw it at the door. The window on the door broke and I unlocked it. There was a loud alarm that suddenly went off as we walked in and I looked around.
"That's probably just there to alert people that we're here." I said quietly.
We collected candy into bags and headed down the street. We heard sirens in the distance and Sequoia looked around. "That's probably fine."
I nodded. "Yeah...fine..."
Suddenly there was a bright light on us and we froze. Some guy started talking loudly.
"Put down the candy and please do not resist." He yelled.
I frowned. "What?"
They yelled at us some more about how we were stealing or something, and we sat there being confused. The main guy sighed.
"Alright you three, come here."
We did as we were told and a different man grabbed Loki's hands. He put handcuffs on him and Sequoia quickly pulled me away.
"No. Bad (Y/N). Look away."
I rolled my eyes and they put handcuffs on us too. We looked at each other and suddenly there was a loud blast.
Tony flew down and I sighed.
"Oh good, Tiny, these people are crazy!"
Tony opened his mask and sighed loudly at me. "(Y/N), Sequoia, Loki, what are you three doing!?"
"What are we doing?! You mean what are they doing!"
Steve took the bags of candy from us and handed them to the people. "Alright you three, let's go home."
Sequoia gasped. "What?! Why?!"
Tony went over to the people in uniforms. "We are so sorry about all of this, officers. I'll pay for the repairs and make sure this doesn't happen again. I promise."
Steve grabbed mine and Sequoia's arms and unlocked the handcuffs, while Thor grabbed his brother. They started dragging us back to the tower while Tony explained more to the officers. Steve and Thor dropped us in the living room and we waited for Tony to come back while the two avengers glared at us. Eventually Tony walked into the room and sighed again.
"What were you three thinking?"
"Well, I thought you said that on Halloween people gave out candy, and we wanted some!" Sequoia said.
Tony shook his head. "It's not Halloween yet!"
I gave him a confused look. "It's not?"
"No, Halloween isn't for a little less than a week. And we have candy here!"
"We do?!" Sequoia said as she looked at me.
He nodded. "We have some in the kitchen. Come on, I'll show you."
We cautiously followed him into the kitchen and he opened a cabinet. He allowed us to take what we wanted while Steve watched in confusion.
"Really Tony?! They just robbed a store, and you're gonna reward them?"
Tony shrugged. "It's not like they knew they were doing something wrong."
"They aren't toddlers!"
"It's fine, you worry too much. I'm going back to bed."

The next week

I sipped my hot chocolate in the living room with the rest of the gods and watched a movie. It was a scary movie, and even though I was loving it, Thor was very obviously freaked out by it. I paused the movie.
"Are you okay Thor?"
He nodded quickly. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine."
I hummed. "Uh huh. Sure."
The movie ended eventually and Loki kissed my head and left. Thor smiled at me.
"Queen (Y/N), I think you have turned my brother soft."
I laughed. "You're the one who can't watch a scary movie."
He smiled at me. "You know my mother, correct?"
"Oh, Queen Frigga! Yes, me and your mother know each other well."
"Well in that case, I must return to Asgard after Halloween. Would you like to accompany me and my brother home for a few days?"
I thought for a second. "Yeah, why not?"
Sequoia looked at me in shock. "Hey (Y/N), can I talk to you for a minute?"
She pulled me out of the room and around the corner. "(Y/N), are you aware of what you just agreed to?"
I nodded. "Yeah, a trip to Asgar...ohhh..."
"Good, you figured it out. (Y/N), if we go to Asgard, we could go home!" I nodded and looked down at the ground. She sighed. "You don't want to go home...do you (Y/N)?"
I shook my head. "No..."
She pinched the bridge of her nose. "(Y/N)..."
"Don't '(Y/N)' me! I...I like it here..."
"But what about the kingdom?! Our home! Our lives!"
"Well..."
Sequoia sighed loudly. "(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N)..."
"Yeah I know."
"You're crazy, you know that?"
"I am aware of that, yes."
"I'm insane."
"Yeah- wait what?"
"I'm insane for saying we can come back here."
"Even after we go to Asgard?!"
"Yeah, okay."
"Sequoia you're the best!"
She crossed her arms. "Yeah I know. But, if anyone asks, I wanted to go home."
"I will make sure that no one blames you if they find out we came back to Earth."