21

The next afternoon

I held up the newspaper to Loki, who was sitting on the bed. "Look at us! Front page news!"
He laughed and took the newspaper from me. A photo of us sitting on the floor of the cafe covered in whipped cream was front and center. The headline read 'Queen of Betrana Steals The Prince's Heart?' and the story talked about our relationship and people's random theories about us. It was extremely cheesy and most of the theories were obviously wrong, but it was fun to see how interested people were in us.
Loki smirked. "I think my favorite theory is that you cursed me."
"Wait, who thinks that?!" I laughed and crawled my way over to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he showed me the passage retaining that information.
Frigga burst into our room and held up the paper. "Have you two seen this?"
I quickly took my head off Loki's shoulder and nodded. "Yeah that's what we were looking at too."
She sighed. "Your father is going to kill you when he sees this..."
"Well, he's not my father."
Frigga rolled her eyes. "Odin is going to kill you when he sees this."
Loki kissed my head. "I'll protect you~"
I laughed and looked up. "Will you?"
"Of course! I'm strong!"
"Ah yes...strong..."
He nudged me. "Shut up..."
I turned back to Frigga. "We're going back to Midgard tomorrow morning anyway. We can just avoid him? Right?"
She sighed and looked at the photo. "I guess you could..."
After a little bit of sitting and trying to figure out a solution so Odin wouldn't murder us, Frigga left. I sighed loudly. "I don't like your family very much."
"Even Frigga?"
"Oh no I love you and Frigga. That's it. The rest of them are annoying."
I leaned on him again and turned myself into a cat. I crawled over his shoulders and plopped myself down. He laughed and scratched my head. "Hello beautiful." I shot my head up and looked at him. He smirked. "You heard me."
I rolled my eyes and pushed my head against his. I meowed loudly at him and he continued petting me. We sat like that for a little bit when Sequoia walked in. She stared at Loki, still holding me as a cat, and I quickly turned back. I was sitting on top of Loki and scrambled off him as fast as possible. Sequoia gave us a smug look. "Well, I see I'm interrupting something~"
I rolled my eyes. "No, this is a normal day and a normal conversation with a normal couple."
She continued looking at us. "Uh huh."
I crossed my arms. "What are you doing?"
"Your mom."
"I knew that, what else?"
"Your dad."
"You know, that doesn't really work since they're both dead now."
She shrugged. "I think it works just fine." She sighed. "Frigga wanted me to get you two for dinner. She wants to have everyone eat together since we leave tomorrow morning."
"Odin is probably gonna murder me and Loki so..."
"Oh no, that's the thing. He won't be there. He's got some meeting things. Also he really didn't want to see you two. What did you do?"
I held out the newspaper. "Here. See for yourself."
She skimmed the paper and laughed. "You two are famous?"
Loki shrugged. "I guess we are now."
Sequoia brought us downstairs and we sat down to eat. We didn't get very far through our meal before we were interrupted by a guard. He bowed slightly to us and started talking. "We're very sorry, but we have to move you to a different room. The doors are surrounded by news reporters."
Sequoia glared at me and Loki. "Look at what you did."
I looked at Loki and back at Sequoia. "Sorry...?"
Thor laughed. "People really want to know about you two!"
Frigga shook her head and turned back to the guard. "That's fine."
The guards took us to a room towards the back of the castle and we finished our meal. It wasn't very interesting to be honest. Lots of talking about how we're leaving tomorrow and need to visit again sometime, and then Frigga wouldn't stop talking about Betrana.
After a long time, me and Loki retreated to our room, while the others closed themselves in their rooms to avoid people. I stood near the bed when I felt myself get flipped over and pushed onto the mattress. Loki stood over me and put his hands on either side of my head. I felt myself blush and started quietly giggling. He raised an eyebrow at me.
"What are you laughing at, darling?" He purred.
I giggled slightly louder and it went back down to the regular tone. I slowly moved my arms around his neck and he smiled at me. I stopped myself from giggling slowly. "Oh I like this..." I said quietly. His hand cupped my face and I pulled him down slightly to kiss me. He moved to kiss his way down my neck and I hummed and pulled him closer. "So you do have a dominant side~"
He laughed and moved so he could look at me. "And you can be submissive."
I tangled my hand in his hair. "Told you there was a lot you didn't know."
Frigga cleared her throat from the doorway. "Well. I didn't think I would ever walk in on this."
Loki quickly pulled himself off me and I scooted to the side. She sighed and sat down in a chair nearby. "So."
I nodded slightly. "So..."
"How are you two?"
I looked at Loki. Both our faces were almost completely white. I nodded again. "Good. I'm...good..."
Loki swallowed. "Yeah...Yeah I'm good...too..."
Frigga nodded and we just stared at each other for a few seconds. She looked at me. "You should lock the door. I know he's as sharp as marble, but I expected more from you (Y/N)..." I felt my face get hot and looked down at my hands. She sighed and stood up. "Don't do anything stupid." She said and left.
I looked at Loki. "Well then." He laughed and I shoved his arm. "You're laughing?! Your mother just walked in on us and you're laughing?!"
He tried to breathe. "Right now it seems like she's your mother too."
I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "My mom is dead, idiot."
He shrugged. "She's become your mother figure, and you can't deny it."
I continued glaring at him and he carefully placed his hand on top of mine. I smirked. "Should we lock the door now?" I said sarcastically.
"By all means, go ahead. I doubt she'll be returning in fear of what we were getting up to."
I locked the door and laid down with Loki. He took my hand in his and studied it. He turned his head slightly. "You have small hands."
I gasped. "Uh, rude! I think my hands are normal sized. Maybe you just have giant hands."
"It's cute! Your hand fits perfectly in mine..." I turned on my side so I could get a good look at Loki. He was still staring at my hand before placing it on his chest and turning to look at me. He laughed quietly. "What are you looking at?"
"Your mother called you 'as sharp as a marble.'"
He thought for a second. "She did, didn't she." He laughed.
I snuggled into his side. "I love you."
He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. "I love you too, my dear."