20

Late that night

Eventually Loki left to shower and I sat on his bed. I looked down at my dress. I cannot sleep in a dress. I climbed off his bed and over to the dresser in the corner, and scavenged through his clothes. I found an old hoodie in the bottom of one of the drawers and smiled. I found some pants in another drawer and peeled off the dress. I hung it up and looked at myself in the huge mirror that was hanging on the wall. The clothes were huge on me, but it was comfortable and I was content with myself. I plopped myself back on the bed and waited till I heard the shower turn off. After a few minutes, Loki exited the bathroom, ruffling his hair with a towel. He spotted me on the bed and his eyes roamed over me.
He smirked. "Where did you find those, darling?"
I shrugged. "I scavenged your drawers. They are huge on me though."
He took quick strides over to me and sat down on the bed. "I haven't worn them in years. But they look good on you."
I smiled and pulled him closer to me. "Everything looks good on me." He settled down and laid his head on my chest, and I proceeded to play with his hair gently.
"What are you doing?" He hummed.
"Your hair is all soft and smooth since you showered. It's nice to play with."
He laughed and it vibrated through me. "Don't mess it up too much."
I smiled. "You can't tell me what to do."
There was silence again and it lasted for a long time. We left the balcony doors open and a cool breeze was blowing in, along with slow songs from the orchestra. The party was coming to a close, so the music was becoming less and less frequent. The door opened, and I looked over to see Sequoia. Loki turned slightly and I pushed his head back down.
Sequoia smirked at us. "Well, It seems that this is more important than anything I have to say."
I laughed. "What do you need, Sequoia?"
"It can wait. But I am telling Thor his brother is cuddling with the Queen of Betrana."
Loki shot up. "Don't you dare."
She started walking down the hallway. "Too late~"
I grabbed Loki before he could follow her and he looked at me. "But darling-"
"No. I need cuddle time."
He groaned. "But the world will know."
"And since when does the world not? Also guess what."
"What?" He asked, starting to settle back down with me.
"I can hold the whole world in my hands."
He looked up at me. "How?"
I cupped his face with both my hands and his face went red. I laughed. "Like that."
He nuzzled his head into me and I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. "Darling, I have a reputation to uphold..."
I laughed. "What reputation?"
He scoffed and gripped me slightly tighter. "I love you too much to be mad at you."
"Well then." I smiled. "Aren't I lucky?"

The next morning

Despite my efforts, I had woken up early and couldn't seem to go back to sleep. I looked over my shoulder and made sure Loki was still asleep. Thankfully he was, so I slowly got out of the bed and headed out the door. It wasn't even light out and I strolled through the hallways and doors, looking for the dining room. I opened a huge door that looked familiar and stepped into the dimly lit dining room. I looked around at the walls and fiddled with the seams of Loki's hoodie. I explored the castle some more and ended up sitting in the library and waiting for someone to wake up.

Loki's pov

I found the room empty when I woke up, which was unusual since (Y/N) had fallen asleep in here. I pulled on the silk robe that had been hanging on the door and headed off to look for her. After a few minutes of searching I found her in the library. She smiled and hung off the side of the couch.
"Lokes~" She cheered and giggled loudly.
I raised an eyebrow at her. "You seem overly happy this morning."
"What...? Psh, no I'm...I'm fine." She giggled again. She tried to stand up and walked over to me. She hung onto my arm tightly like she would fall over if I wasn't there. I took a step back and she stumbled around the room like she was drunk. I cleared my throat.
"When did you get up this morning darling?"
She laughed. "Before the sun got up..."
I rolled my eyes. "So you're running off, what? Two, maybe three hours of sleep?"
She waved me off and clung to the bookshelves. "No....I'm fine..." she slowly made her way over to me and looked up at me with a smile. "Has anyone ever told you that you have really pretty eyes?"
I laughed. "Alright, you need to go back to bed."
She shook her head quickly. "Nah I think I'm okay."
"Darling you can barely function."
"I'm fine! Just need...some time to wake up."
"Love, please. You're tired..."
"I'm not tired. I'm wide awake." She basically fell onto the couch and I got an idea.
"Well, if you're not tired, would you like me to read to you?"
She looked at me and nodded. I searched the shelves for a book and sat down next to her once I found one. I laid a pillow on my lap and she laid her head down. I began reading the book and stroking her hair, only stopping to turn the page. It only took a few minutes before I heard soft snoring and looked down to see (Y/N) asleep. I laughed to myself. "Not tired indeed." I kissed her head and went back to reading.